Pell says cancer can be cured by prayer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

I am sure that she did a lot of good work while she was alive but how can anyone say that she cured someone of cancer some 80 years after she died? 

They are giving people false hope and the church is out of touch with reality. 

Pity the prayers of the little children couldn't save them from the preists.

Terminal illness such as cancer can be cured by prayer, the head of the Catholic Church in Australia says.

But Catholic Archbishop of Sydney Cardinal George Pell admits such cures, like the miracle attributed to Mary MacKillop, is obviously rare.

"Yes obviously (cancer can be cured by prayer)," Cardinal Pell told ABC Television on Monday.

"And there are quite a number of examples in the books."

Cardinal Pell says that won't give sick people a false sense of security because they realise cure by prayer is a "very long shot".

The Vatican has recognised Mother Mary's role in the healing a woman with inoperable cancer during the mid 1990s after she prayed to Mother Mary.

It is the second miracle attributed to Mary MacKillop, who is set to become the nation's first Saint, 100 years after her death.

This whole McKillop thing is a circus.  It smacks of the ancestor worship and animism I observed when growing up in Africa more than anything else.

I am not a Catholic but cannot get excited about the Australia's sainthood thing. I thought that Christians prayed to God, not some various saint. On the miraculous healing thing, from time to time people are cured in extraordinary and unusual ways - some put it down to God, others to a miracle but there are always medical phenomena that doctors and science can't answer!

If she had coached the bears to a grand final win then she would definately deserve to be called a saint.

I prayed for years for Norths to be chucked out of the comp because they were a cancer on the game - it worked for me so why not Mary!

The Wheel link said:
I prayed for years for Norths to be chucked out of the comp because they were a cancer on the game - it worked for me so why not Mary!

Norths might be gone but their supporters are like that mole on your arse that can never be removed and that irritates you for the rest of your life. 

tookey link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=182199.msg248016#msg248016 date=1261545732]

Norths might be gone but their supporters are like that mole on your arse that can never be removed and that irritates you for the rest of your life. 

[/quote]  No, he's a Manly supporter.  The mole might know it's on his bum and needs his bum to survive but he's had no need to examine his nether regions, and never will.  Ignorance is bliss.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4