Peachey, Milton Thaiday,Blacklock team up for rugby match

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
DAVID Peachey and Milton Thaiday may no longer play in the NRL but they are as keen as ever for a game of footy.
This Saturday, the pair will take part in the Ella Sevens rugby carnival at Coffs Harbour, along with ex-Panthers back Richie Williams. There is a big chance they will be joined by Nathan Blacklock and former Rothmans Medal winner Ewan McGrady.

The tournament is designed to give Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander players a greater opportunity to break into rugby and this year has attracted 32 men's and 11 women's teams.

Wallabies coach Robbie Deans, his assistant Jim Williams and Australians Sevens coach Michael O'Connor will be on hand to cast their eyes over the array of talent.

I posted this in the comments on the DT website.

"Another poor attempt by Rugby Union to grab a bit of cheap publicity an the back of league retirees. Maybe if young Aboriginal kids had the cash to go to Private schools you would see more of them playing Union"

To which was referred to as an "Ignorant Mungo Fan"

However i stated that a Mungo is a derogatory term used by Rugby Union Players/Coaches/Fans to describe less educated Rugby League Players/Fans.

Matas can you confirm this as i believe you to be wise on these kinds of matters.

Is it true? that ironically "The Mungo Man" australia's very own missing link is actually the earliest known inhabitant of Australia therefore making him the most Indigenous of all.

If you read the Daily Telegraph then you deserved to be called a mungo.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6