Paul Kent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brooke

Bencher
Has anyone else noticed, or is it just me? Paul Kent doesn't seem to me to be as hateful towards Manly lately. Just listening to him on The Back Page and NRL Fox sports shows in general. Has he really mellowed in his attitude or is he just sick of the backlash from us?

Lets relive one of Mr Kents finest moments.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/olympic-games/video-news-limited-journalist-paul-kent-reflects-on-the-infamous-lay-down-sally-incident-in-athens/story-fn5k3iok-1226442397943
Some people will do any story for the money.

Brooke said:
Has anyone else noticed, or is it just me? Paul Kent doesn't seem to me to be as hateful towards Manly lately. Just listening to him on The Back Page and NRL Fox sports shows in general. Has he really mellowed in his attitude or is he just sick of the backlash from us?

give him time
all the other teleCrap wankers are doin it for him

Brooke said:

No, he still hates us. He just knows when to pick his fights these days and he's waiting for that one moment to come back at us. In saying that, he might have learned that the more he ran his mouth off, the more we won. So he's shutting up on the hope we get knocked out.

It's typical of journaliosts and TV commentators.

Full of praise for our opposition until they realise that Manly is going to win - then a quick turn around and praise Manly, like they've been saying nice things all game/ year. Typical example - Gus Gould.

Paul K**t has only a 3:1 chance against Manly so forget all the damning things he's said before, he's been tipping Manly all year - what a farce!

Sigh, I wish I didn't see his name on here.

*understands irony re posting.

C'mon guys, relax.

The only time I worry about P Kent is when I take my dog for a walk and I accidentally step in a Paul Kent! Even worse when I then slip over into a face full of Dean Ritchie.

I actually like Paul Kent, Sure he can be negative towards Manly sometimes but that is going to happen against all clubs.

He is much better than having people like Lewis, Tallis, Tim Gilbert, Benji etc taking up airtime

Also talking about the people discussing league, can we revamp the footy Show and make it the Freddy and Joey show......those two crack me up on the Sunday version.

Maybe throw in Mcdougall and Bryan Fletcher as well

It might have somthing to do with news limited being sued by board members and management who will no longer put up with the crap anymore that they write. I have herd that they have had to settle one case and 2 more pending.
Sucked in telecrap I hope they clean you out.

No....wait till manly make the GF and they'll be unleashing a torrent of anti manly guff. Remember the "sea evils" headline last year. Kent works for a low grade murdoch rag. THe manly hate angle is just bread and butter for them.

lovefooty said:
It might have somthing to do with news limited being sued by board members and management who will no longer put up with the crap anymore that they write. I have herd that they have had to settle one case and 2 more pending.

Is that Manly board members and management ?

Brooke said:
lovefooty said:

Is that Manly board members and management ?

Thats what I said. They have already prited a retraction on one of the matters. No one would of read it as it was a small bit hidden in the paper. I hear the money was good tho.

Never ever forget whom Kent represents. This is an organisation that once tried to kill our game with greed.

The reality is that no one at our club bothers with News limited journos.

The latest installment about a hypothetical league ladder based on refereeing errors is comical, all about revving up the under achievers of the comp and pandering to the lowest common demoninator like the whinging worms and the cowpokes and their pet club the Melbourne drizzle.

The more we win, the more it upsets them, always remember that.

I think a big part of his turn around is Toovey. He has to sit next to him on nrl360 every so often and i reckon he is scared of him lol. Honestly though i think Tooves has fostered a better relationship with the media, now Hasler is causing the same **** at the dogs. Alot of our bad press was due to Hasler and Zorba.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6