Paul Gallen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
I feel sorry for the poor buggar will never know the satisfaction of winning a premiership whilst at the Sharkies and puts in every week.

Anyone else wish he would come to us?

I think all 15 clubs would love Gallen but he isn't going anywhere unless the club folds. He said recently he would stay at the club until they wonj a premiership, even after he can't play he would help train players for the Sharks. What a waste of one of the great forwards.

I can't believe that he didn't link with us in 2007 (as the rumour was)

Could you imagine our pack then in 2008

8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Stewart

eagles2win said:

8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Stewart

yeah i can see 3 more penalties a half against us around the ruck & play the ball area..

You are right Jjai, but those 3 penalties would be offset by the fact that opposition run scared of him. he could bash the forwards and Matai could do it out wide :)

jjai said:
eagles2win said:

8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Stewart

yeah i can see 3 more penalties a half against us around the ruck & play the ball area..

I see a mostly dominate forward pack

eagles2win said:
jjai said:
eagles2win said:

8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Stewart

I see a mostly dominate forward pack

yeah i wasnt doubting the dominance.. it was more the discipline.. what with him & watmough 1st & 2nd marker , holding onto tackled players way too long both of them push the ref in games to the max , we dont need two :dodgy: ..

To be fair to Gallen he has mostly got the rubbish out of his game since the Four Nations Tests. I wouldn't have him before then but I would now. Sensational performances.

eagles2win said:

8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Stewart

Would've been brilliant to see Gallen at Manly, was very disapointed when it became clear that he was staying with the Sharks.

He'll never leave the Shire though, incredibly stupid on his part but also admirable. Getting him to leave the Sharks would be like getting the Stewarts' to leave Manly.

If he came to Manly chances were G. Stewart might never have gotten a go. I seem to recall some fellah in headgear who used to occupy a spot in the backrow at the time.

Masked Eagle said:
If he came to Manly chances were G. Stewart might never have gotten a go. I seem to recall some fellah in headgear who used to occupy a spot in the backrow at the time.

Didn't that bloke with the headgear play on the bench during 2008?

Masked Eagle said:

& i`m glad we chose him.. ;)

He's really won my respect.
I used to hate the crunt but he seems to have found a good balnce now.
What a good player. I'm glad he's a NSW'man & glad he's stuck with his club.
If we're ever going to win SOO, it'll be on the back of blokes like this. He's like a Queenslander without the dopey drawl.

Duff said:
If we're ever going to win SOO, it'll be on the back of blokes like this. He's like a Queenslander without the dopey drawl.

See a lot of the same qualities in him as Steve Mortimer and would be farqing brilliant if he is the captain to get us over the line this year

Choc could look to Gal as an example of what to do.

If NSW could just settle on a backrow of;

Watmough
Gallen
Stewart

Halves of;

Pierce
Mullen,

And then just pick the team around that. There's always plenty of backup there for injury or really poor form.
We'd get there pretty soon.

And yes e2w, after the test, Gallen for captain for sure.

Duff said:
Choc could look to Gal as an example of what to do.

If NSW could just settle on a backrow of;

Watmough
Gallen
Stewart

Halves of;

Pierce
Mullen,

And then just pick the team around that. There's always plenty of backup there for injury or really poor form.
We'd get there pretty soon.

And yes e2w, after the test, Gallen for captain for sure.

And the thing is Duff the backrow would be settled for atleast 4-5 years (baring injury) with them in Origin.

Another thing is his younger brother is currently playing U20s @ the Sharks so who knows he might more open for negotiations and who knows he might (more then likely) have the work rate of his brother.

Duff said:

This^^^

Plus as mentioned his younger brother is working his way up the ranks. Imagine if it inspired Gallen to somehow go further, as much as the future Star Tariq Sims has done for Ashton's form at the Cowboys.

A siblings NSW backrow of Kyle O'Donell, Tarig Sims and Gallen Jnr would be funnily formidable..

Rayreyray said:
Duff said:

This^^^

Plus as mentioned his younger brother is working his way up the ranks. Imagine if it inspired Gallen to somehow go further, as much as the future Star Tariq Sims has done for Ashton's form at the Cowboys.

A siblings NSW backrow of Kyle O'Donell, Tarig Sims and Gallen Jnr would be funnily formidable..

That's provided Tariq picks NSW over Fiji. I know, I know might seem a strange decision but stranger things have happened.

Have heard that 70 cents a litre will be giving Australia away this year so he can play for Fiji at the 2013 World Cup

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6