• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker said:
So we got home in a miracle finish. Take that last try away and we probably wouldn't finish top 4. I am so disappointed by that game. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED that win. But hated our form.

RE, keep taking your meds as they are working. We were rubbish and no self-congratulating feel good buzz is going to change that. :)

Take away the two intercept passes and we probably win easy.

Spill my lollies? You are hilarious. When the whole world said the season is over after the Eels' loss I said I would back us. Now that I have seen where we had every advantage and played poorly my judgement deserves ridicule? Whatever! We can still go all the way, we have a fantastic roster, but it won't be on efforts like that.

RiverEagle said:
ManlyBacker said:
If Tooves thinks that level of ill-discipline is acceptable then he needs to rethink. We just threw that game away with idiotic play-the-ball penalties. We are playing around 60% and need to really lift. I'm one who said we have a real chance of winning this year against a tide who said we are shot. But if that is what we will dish up in the finals then we are definitely gone.

TOTALLY disagree.

Read my above post and others at least before just choppin' all the trees down before the harvest's even started mate!

WE WON the game, against another top 4 side.

(We didn't throw anything away FFS).

RiverEagle said:
Don't spill your lollies or spit dummies because I disagree with you.

I just have the same right to my opinion, do I not?

And as I've said before, a few times, I do defend Manly a tad more than perhaps they deserve some days, because there are so many critics.

EDIT: Always take my meds @ManlyBacker (I just mix 'em with alcohol a time or two, lol)

Hopefully champ-we are all here for the same reason. I think that today's game will polarize the fans, because there are many different takes on it. Pathetic was probably an over reaction, but I cannot recall a more inept first half in the last 8 years...especially given the positives surrounding the game....Thank god we got up or there would have been carnage. lol :)

I am another who takes no joy from that win, it was against Penriths 2nd 13.

That said, the finish might just ignite our season, a bit like our win over the Panthers in round 26 in 2008. We were going nowhere then, particular after Souffs put 40 on us in round 23.

I agree that "pathetic" and "disgraceful" are way too harsh of an assessment for that performance. But there is no way that we win a finals game playing like that. Absolutely loved the win, but that wasn't a game that inspires a lot of confidence. If it was a one off, then I'd accept that it was a glitch, but that has been our pattern for the last 4 weeks. We have struggled to dominate games, win or lose. We have patches of quality, but 10-15 minutes of good football in 80 doesn't win you premierships.

We all know they have the ability, that is never the issue here. It's about execution, and that has been lacking IMO. I'll be interested to see how we go against the Cows next week.

ManlyBacker said:
Spill my lollies? You are hilarious. When the whole world said the season is over after the Eels' loss I said I would back us. Now that I have seen where we had every advantage and played poorly my judgement deserves ridicule? Whatever! We can still go all the way, we have a fantastic roster, but it won't be on efforts like that.

Oh, so you were being serious.

I was referring to Wombat Legacy and 6/71 initially.

Then simply saying I don't agree we threw the game away (we won).
Nor that it means our finals campaign is looking grim to pointless, as you stated at first.

AND "the whole world saying our season's over after the Parra loss" is beyond exaggeration. I and MANY still said we'll be OK after the Parra loss.

We were far from having "every advantage" in today's game.

Not even close to even in terms of 50/50's and luck.

We must've watched different games then mate.

RiverEagle said:
ManlyBacker said:

Oh, so you were being serious.

I was referring to Wombat Legacy and 6/71 initially.

Then simply saying I don't agree we threw the game away (we won).
Nor that it means our finals campaign is looking grim to pointless, as you stated at first.

AND "the whole world saying our season's over after the Parra loss" is beyond exaggeration. I and MANY still said we'll be OK after the Parra loss.

We were far from having "every advantage" in today's game.

Not even close to even in terms of 50/50's and luck.

We must've watched different games then mate.

OK, I get where your posts are coming from. Put me on ignore if that will help. I don't need a running battle on here with anyone. Cheers.

6/71 said:
Perception is a wonderful thing.

Indeed.

And fortunately it's free.

:)

EDIT: lol, no not that serious @ManlyBacker mate.

Nothin' wrong with passionate discussion; even an argument.

In fact I just thought, I'm GLAD so many people do CARE so much about Manly.

we were the better team, they could only break our defense after back to back penalties twice, after that it was Lyon's brain explosions that gave them the points.

We had a game plan of turning it back into the ruck and it was reasonably effective. The issue was that Lyon gifted them 12 points and we had to catch up a long way

Ahhh the win always makes the blind ones think we did well cause of the end score line. I agree 100% with the OP. We played like we have never played next to each other EVER!! Set plays just didn't come off, most of the passes went to Penrith player. We played like absolute crap. Great win but fml the past month of footy tells me we aint gonna be in any grand final this year.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Ourbfirst half was shocking. You would look at that and conclude this was a team coming about ninth. But somehow we got out of gaol. But we are no hope of winning GF if we play like that.

Yes we stumbled and bumbled there mate, but keep in mind those 1st four penalties and 12 point turnaround possible before half-time.

And the Riff are a tough team this year.

I'm still very hopeful, and expecting a different Manly in the finals.

(Look how quickly teams like the Chooks and Rabbids have improved!)

Not to forget a team like Parra (who should make the 8) can beat Us or other heavy-weights, then get hammered by Newcastle!

Keep the faith. Gotta' be in it to win it, and we're as far up thee ladder and IN it as we could be!

:cool:

We had two sets (completing one) by the 13th minute and the penalty count was 4-0, in this time the riff scored twice.
however we kept pushing passes and nothing would click.

Would have been a lot closer if not for that dodgy no try call against Taufua in the first half.

Otherwise too many silly offloads and stray passes.

Pretty stoked about the win though.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7