Pathetic Crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Darren link said:
I have a mate who was a regular just want to have a break from the ordinary stuff we had been showing each week. 

Piss weak effort from your mate there Darren !! When a side is struggling a bit, that is the time they need the supporters there the most

gday Kiwi, he has been such a consistent goer so to hear him not want to was a surprise! He does travel a fair distance and maybe the cold etc late night, I'm not sure!! I saw Cam there last night (very happy) and you guys who travel so far always impress me. The trip back to Wollongong 1.5hr drive always sems quick when we win. It always seems to be red lights all way home when we get done!

Bet he is kicking himself now mate, choosing not to go there is always a chance you will miss out an a special night, and that is where the people there week in week out get rewarded

I did the trip from Wollongong to Sydney on the train last year after they put 48 on us down there, was torture !!

Duff link said:
For farks sake!
If you can't get to a 5:30 on Satdy, you're not trying.

It's early enough to take the kids for the family types. It's earlier than a night out for the party types.
For those who are bitching that they have to work on Satdy night, I'm sorry but fckuk you. More normal people are working on Fridays & Mondays, you are just the unfortunates.

Nothing is going to suit everyone, but the time that suits the majority would surely be 5:30 on a Satdy night.

The crowd was piss poor because Manly fans are piss poor.

Unfortunately, the ones I want to blow up at wont read this board. So saying \"fcuk you all, I had a top night\" will not hit its audience.

I can't comprehend how anybody can complain about that game time other than them being completely selfish.

I play in bands, it means I miss games. I'm not going to be in Sydney for the Warriors game. I'm not going to complain about scheduling though. That's just the way it rolls. I'll be at every game I can.

People need to harden the fcuk up. If you're in Sydney & we have a home game, it is your duty to go. Work it out.

Definite applaud x 10

I'm with Duff, I understand some people have commitments, but surely 5.30 Saturday is one of the best times, early enough for kids, early enough for people to go out after etc.

The issue is too many Manly fans are fair weather supporters, if we had won last Monday we would have had 4 - 5,000 more.

Every season you see home crowd numbers fluctuate based on how the past week(s) went, people need to stop the bull**** and just support their team no matter how we are playing, but unfortunately those people will probably not be reading this post.

If Foxtel would piss off from rugby league.They would get good crowds.Instead of buying tickets for the actual game its being channeled into Foxtels coffers.Another blight on our game.Along with News Ltd.
Funny how the games gone to **** after these 2 got involved.In fact im not laughing one bit.

sydsider link said:
If Foxtel would piss off from rugby league.They would get good crowds.Instead of buying tickets for the actual game its being channeled into Foxtels coffers.Another blight on our game.Along with News Ltd.
Funny how the games gone to s**t after these 2 got involved.In fact im not laughing one bit.

Adding to this is the fact that News, majority owner of the NRL paid too little for the TV rights for the News Ltd owned Foxtel to broadcast, making the clubs too reliant on crowd attendances for survival. 

Forget about increasing player payments with a better TV deal, money should be going to the clubs to ensure their continued existence.

WAMF link said:
Didn't the CEO plead with Manly fans to turn up to Brookie this week?

Time to consider a move to the SFS until Brookie is up to scratch.

How is that going to get the people who are committed elsewhere to a game which has been the common excuse for not turning up.

I can just see those on the northern beaches finishing sport at 4 and rushing all the way to the SFS rather than the 15 minutes to brookvale.

People have mentioned (not here) that it was because it was an outer Sydney team.
Possible solution - double header @ SFS or ANZ that way split the gate of 40k.

Crowd was not great but it probably only needed another 1500 to 2000 people and it would have been full-ish. Any Sydney team would have taken us to around 14,000 just with away supporters.  Its the part of the national competition they never consider ... very few travelling supporters.

I know our home record hasnt been great this year but we are giving away a massive advantage if we ever me away from Brookie.   To me its more about winning games than having a pretty seat.  I dont want us to ever leave - yes the facilities MUST be improved but if its a choice between a long line for a beer and a toilet at Brookie and a winning scoreline over a pretty stadium and a few dollars and a losing team at the SFS or wherever its no contest.

Dont get carried away with that 20,000 crowd at Central Coast, it was a sunny day against a team with lots of central Coast support and a sunny Sunday arvo.  Next time we play there we will get 12,000 if it a Saturday night against the Cowboys or whoever.  

Hey Kiwi- My wife works Saturdays and only gets home around 5 - 6...so i get my son down by 7 and then we have the night ( As an aside it is ridiculous for anyone on here to judge someone else for their failure to attend games - everyone has their own story / comittments)

For minds crowds are symptomatic of the clubs failure to engage fans - this has been a long term issue. Without this fans will turn up for events like 08 but will struggle to get to a 5:30 game

Blitz in some respects i totally agree with you but Manly crowds are a unique demographic in terms of the type of people and also drawing much more crowds outside the local area than most clubs. Brookie is not the easiest place to get to on public transport and if the team is inconsistent those will be the first supporters that dont turn up especially for a 5:30pm kick off.

Back in my Teen years i remember it being a long haul from Blacktown to Wynyard then a long bus trip to Brookie---on the other hand getting to the SFS was a breeze.

we cant move from brookie, it would be an absolute disaster, as for why i didnt go, i live on the coast, $50 for petrol, $60 for me and my girl to get in, a flew with the cold weather, and then the drive home, i love my manly and my brookvale, but on an apprentice wage its hard, was a huge game. but a total waste if we were to lose, saying that i am not the one to not turn up when manly are inconsistent, ive driven from the coast in the pooring rain to watch manly play the broncos, if it were a sunday afternoon, or a friday night hame, id be there !

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Just a question here

Why is the 5.30pm slot worse than the 7.30pm ?

I would have thought it would be better for the families with the earlier start enabling the kids to be home early for bed. It also for the other's leave more time to get out and about afterwards

The facilities aren't a big issue for me, I am only there to watch the footy so unconcerned on that front. That is just me though I guess. I live just down the road from a world class stadium but enjoy the Brookie experience more

Couldn't agree more re the time slot. I came from Canberra to watch this game with two of my kids. IMO 5.30 is better than 7.30. It gives us time to go to the club for dinner afterwards and get the kids to bed at a reasonable time.

I thought we would do well to crack 15-16,000. Support for Melbourne was always going to be thin on the ground. The cold night didn't help much either but then again I'm a Canberra boy so I don't rate that as much of an excuse.

Duff link said:
For farks sake!

It's early enough to take the kids for the family types. It's earlier than a night out for the party types.
For those who are bitching that they have to work on Satdy night, I'm sorry but fckuk you. More normal people are working on Fridays & Mondays, you are just the unfortunates.

Nothing is going to suit everyone, but the time that suits the majority would surely be 5:30 on a Satdy night.

Unfortunately, the ones I want to blow up at wont read this board. So saying \"fcuk you all, I had a top night\" will not hit its audience.

I can't comprehend how anybody can complain about that game time other than them being completely selfish.

I play in bands, it means I miss games. I'm not going to be in Sydney for the Warriors game. I'm not going to complain about scheduling though. That's just the way it rolls. I'll be at every game I can.

People need to harden the fcuk up. If you're in Sydney & we have a home game, it is your duty to go. Work it out.

Apart from bluedog and a few others on here,where the fark were all you Manly supporters in Leeds in 2009?I farking well went!Maybe you should consider who you're actually slagging off to here b4 you waffle about "fair weather" supporters!!!!!Only some of us can get to every game,some to a few,some to none.This "at the game" and "stay at home" supporters is BS!!It's OK to quote some cheaper ticket prices,but remember guys-it's the WHOLE game day experience!Petrol,travel,food,accomm,time getting back home.We don't all live on the peninsular.And,remember,it's harder with kids!

Duff link said:
For farks sake!

Welll Duff you are a dickhead..>Do you play sport on saturday afternoons or sit on you fat arse...Do your kids work and need to be picked up....do you do anything...5.30 on Saturday is the worst time for a family ever. Acvtually any night is....Sunday at 2.00 or 3.00..... wouldnt that be nice (occasionally) for a big match

It's not just cold pies, the ones my mates and I purchased last night WERE ROCK HARD, and burnt to a crisp inside. It's daylight $#@ robbery. You can't even bring a water into the ground let alone your own food.

There's a lot not to like about Brookie Oval these days, it's stuck in a time warp but they are now even alienating fans on the hill. You now cannot even smoke on the hill? Not my cup of tea but 3 of my mates all smoke up the back of the hill each game and pretty much said they won't be back.

Fair enough but when you have designated stands and a KIDS AREA, and then you have a shonky old hill with not much going for it then for gods sake let people smoke on it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2