Pat Condell, hello angry Christians

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=Dan]
No not at all.

You see records were not accurately kept at the time the alleged \"jesus\" character and the bible was created, neither kahn.

However accurate records including were kept for more recent ones, the registry of births deaths and marriages for one, as well as many many more

Your argument still holds no relevance for it is Jesus and the alleged events that is in question, which really pre-date accurate history

So you scrub Socrates, Plato, all the Caesers, Aristotle etc etc etc?

And what prey tell is your dividing line for where "accurate history" begins? :stupid:
[/quote]

No but that is not part of the argument. Hiding behind the "Oh you deny their existence therefore" is not an accurate argument. Because it is Irrelevant to the argument.

Your point is so atypically religion style it makes me laugh.

Lack of proof is not proof.

There are no certain accuracies in Ancient History. Modern history is slightly more accurate, but until record keeping was formalised everything before can only be taken on face value.

Do you want me to also bring up translations and language differences?

[quote author=Dan]
No not at all.

You see records were not accurately kept at the time the alleged \"jesus\" character and the bible was created, neither kahn.

However accurate records including were kept for more recent ones, the registry of births deaths and marriages for one, as well as many many more

Your argument still holds no relevance for it is Jesus and the alleged events that is in question, which really pre-date accurate history

Actually I think there were some pretty accurate records of Jesus. After all it was at the time of the Romans who were very organised.
Also the Jews have a record of him too, and they know how to keep a record of things-you don't get so many 'begats' otherwise.

Whether he was anything more than a carpenter and a good bloke is another question though.
[/quote]

There are not "accurate records" of him at all.

Your own statements contradict this, in that you say "Accurate Records" but then turn around and say "Whether he was anything more than a carpenter and a good bloke is another question though", shows the records are far from accurate.

Although I think you will find the records of him from his alleged time are pretty limited and vague.

There was no man who died on a cross and rose from the dead, just a pretty story to re-enforce that death need not be the end!
The perfect business plan, the perfect answer to a problem that all of us face. Though in saying that, there is current "THEORY" that Gen Y will be the first generation to live forever and Gen X the last to die of old age

[quote author=The Gronk]
[quote author=Dan]
No not at all.

Actually I think there were some pretty accurate records of Jesus. After all it was at the time of the Romans who were very organised.
Also the Jews have a record of him too, and they know how to keep a record of things-you don't get so many 'begats' otherwise.

Whether he was anything more than a carpenter and a good bloke is another question though.
[/quote]

There are not "accurate records" of him at all.

Your own statements contradict this, in that you say "Accurate Records" but then turn around and say "Whether he was anything more than a carpenter and a good bloke is another question though", shows the records are far from accurate.

Although I think you will find the records of him from his alleged time are pretty limited and vague.

There was no man who died on a cross and rose from the dead, just a pretty story to re-enforce that death need not be the end!
The perfect business plan, the perfect answer to a problem that all of us face. Though in saying that, there is current "THEORY" that Gen Y will be the first generation to live forever and Gen X the last to die of old age

[/quote]

A very real contender for "most delusional post of the year"

you think, I think you have that title sewn up.

Again you cant argue so you try to deflect

well for one........thats a big oops on your part.

for two, for a non trekie fan you seem to love those deflector shields scottie

There is no need for deflection. Let me give you a little analogy.

I start a thread on the future fortunes of the Manly club by stating:

"Dally Messenger is the greatest player to ever represent Manly and this fact will win us the Premiership in 2008."

Discuss

Wasn't that the point of the statement?

when Dan reaches the point of being incapable of justifying one of his outlandish statements of "fact" he starts a circular argument about who needs to justify what in the hopes the original discussion goes away

when Dan reaches the point of being incapable of justifying one of his outlandish statements of "fact" he starts a circular argument about who needs to justify what in the hopes the original discussion goes away

You dont think that instead someone else deflect with irrelevant questions rather than risk making a point?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8