1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parramatta

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by DSM5, Jul 2, 2011.

1. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Parramatta should be ashamed of themselves. On a reasonable night, with a win in sight and Maxwell helping them along, one would have thought that they would attract more that 11 thousand to what is an OK stadium. Looks like the interest out there is waning. The NRL should be worried.

2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    Everytime Parramatta lose it brightens up my day.

Keep up the good work Parra.

3. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    DSM5, No question Parra are struggling but Brookvale would probably only get around 7000 if the Sea Eagles were doing as badly as the Eels are.

4. eagleE

eagleE Active Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0
    Same as most teams would struggle to get above 10 000 fans when they are playing like they are. They played very well against us, but they have been pretty bad this year. Rugby League needs them to really fire.
    Not to mention I picked them to beat the Broncos.

5. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    I felt sorry for Nathan Hindmarsh at the end of the game. He was gutted.
    But - they just keep doing enough to lose.

6. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    They are hopeless this year, and will be hopeless next year.

Beat the Saints, almost beat us then lose to half a Bronc's team.

Tipped them as spooners, it's a shame the Titans will win that.

7. captainskin

captainskin Active Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0
    Absolutely no direction at all. Kearny will serve one more year of his three year deal. They should never have sacked Daniel Anderson. I think this is why a player like Jared Hayne can look so good (at times) with them; they have no direction or any real structure, and this is how Hayne works best...

8. Daddycool

Daddycool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 2
    They just have a poor squad of players. 4 good players....Hindmarsh, Hayne, Moi Moi and Burt and that's it.

They've bought new halves for next year but as with most clubs it all starts in the forwards. Until they get some help for Moi Moi and Hindmarsh, they'll continue to struggle.

9. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    just at the topic title

LOL

10. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    How could you possibly expect success when your off season signings were Carl Webb, Reni Maitua, Chris Hicks (God love him), Chris Walker, Paul Whatuira and Casey McGuire. The Eels are the like the Roosters were in the 80's, a retirement home for players 2 or 3 years past their prime. Add to that their number one player being a myth and a choker and you have a recipe for failure. I love it.

11. Wolfpack

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    Hindmarsh is pretty one dimensional though, sure his workrate in defense will blow a lot of teams off the park (if his team mates actually feel like playing that day) but he is an absolute plodder with the ball in his hands.

Luke Burt is a decent player but the only thing that separates him from the Michael Robinsons of the world is that he kick goals. Good player, but nothing special.

The Eels really need to just clear the slate & try this whole Rugby League deal again from scratch.

12. Eagle Egg

Eagle Egg Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1st time poster, long time reader.

The NRL are worried. Is there a team in the comp that receives more help from the ref's then Parra?

Forward pass after forward pass.
    Flop tackles.
    High Shots.
    Offside.

Inflated tackle counts to make players appear better then they are:- re Hindmarsh last night:- Involved in tackles = 39 (including flops), 1st man in = 11 times. NRL stats = 57 tackles????.

Got that off my chest feel better now.

13. deadlyeagle

deadlyeagle Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    well eagle egg, at least that inflated tackle count towards my dream team :D

14. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    Parra, Easts & TITans, top 4 teams in the last few years, now chasing the wooden spoon title

15. Captain of the Gate

Captain of the Gate Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    I never thought I'd say this but they seriously missed Robson. Also why the hell was Luke Burt the primary playmaker and kicker?

16. Wolfpack

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    It says a lot when your team relies on Rob Jeffson.

17. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    It's going to take Kearney years to mould this team into Melbourne Storm 2.0 (not a cheating version of it).
    The question will be will the Parra faithful and there board be patient enough for him to ring in the changes?

The bloke can coach no question about it.

18. ssar

ssar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 4
    I'm quite enjoying seeing the Eels lose and drop down the ladder, especially with that prick Walker in one of their jerseys.

I've only tipped them to win a few times this year and those have been too many times.

19. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,846 / 103
    This is not politically correct but Parramatta, and some other sides, have too many Polynesian players imo. These guys are strong, but one-dimensional and just try to run over the opposition. It's not enough to score points. It was evident last night that they lack creativity, with Hayne the only one that has spark.
    Look at the top teams (Manly, Illawarra, Melb and Brisbane) and you'll find several smaller, creative playmakers. Big is no longer better these days with the speed of the game and clever kicking used as such an attacking weapon.
    That's my opinion anyway, and I await taunts of being racist.

20. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Warriors U20's team - won the Premiership (maybe be bigger and more physical then the rest but have a heap of skill.)
    Auckland Vulcans coming second in the NSW Cup
    NZ winning the World Cup and 4 Nations in the last couple of years

The Warriors will win a comp it's not a matter of how but when.

Something tells me all this thought of having to many Polynesians in the side is changing.