Parramatta

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
Parramatta should be ashamed of themselves. On a reasonable night, with a win in sight and Maxwell helping them along, one would have thought that they would attract more that 11 thousand to what is an OK stadium. Looks like the interest out there is waning. The NRL should be worried.

DSM5, No question Parra are struggling but Brookvale would probably only get around 7000 if the Sea Eagles were doing as badly as the Eels are.

Same as most teams would struggle to get above 10 000 fans when they are playing like they are. They played very well against us, but they have been pretty bad this year. Rugby League needs them to really fire.
Not to mention I picked them to beat the Broncos.

WAMF said:
DSM5, No question Parra are struggling but Brookvale would probably only get around 7000 if the Sea Eagles were doing as badly as the Eels are.

I felt sorry for Nathan Hindmarsh at the end of the game. He was gutted.
But - they just keep doing enough to lose.

They are hopeless this year, and will be hopeless next year.

Beat the Saints, almost beat us then lose to half a Bronc's team.

Tipped them as spooners, it's a shame the Titans will win that.

Absolutely no direction at all. Kearny will serve one more year of his three year deal. They should never have sacked Daniel Anderson. I think this is why a player like Jared Hayne can look so good (at times) with them; they have no direction or any real structure, and this is how Hayne works best...

They just have a poor squad of players. 4 good players....Hindmarsh, Hayne, Moi Moi and Burt and that's it.

They've bought new halves for next year but as with most clubs it all starts in the forwards. Until they get some help for Moi Moi and Hindmarsh, they'll continue to struggle.

How could you possibly expect success when your off season signings were Carl Webb, Reni Maitua, Chris Hicks (God love him), Chris Walker, Paul Whatuira and Casey McGuire. The Eels are the like the Roosters were in the 80's, a retirement home for players 2 or 3 years past their prime. Add to that their number one player being a myth and a choker and you have a recipe for failure. I love it.

Daddycool said:
They just have a poor squad of players. 4 good players....Hindmarsh, Hayne, Moi Moi and Burt and that's it.

They've bought new halves for next year but as with most clubs it all starts in the forwards. Until they get some help for Moi Moi and Hindmarsh, they'll continue to struggle.

Hindmarsh is pretty one dimensional though, sure his workrate in defense will blow a lot of teams off the park (if his team mates actually feel like playing that day) but he is an absolute plodder with the ball in his hands.

Luke Burt is a decent player but the only thing that separates him from the Michael Robinsons of the world is that he kick goals. Good player, but nothing special.

The Eels really need to just clear the slate & try this whole Rugby League deal again from scratch.

1st time poster, long time reader.

The NRL are worried. Is there a team in the comp that receives more help from the ref's then Parra?

Forward pass after forward pass.
Flop tackles.
High Shots.
Offside.

Inflated tackle counts to make players appear better then they are:- re Hindmarsh last night:- Involved in tackles = 39 (including flops), 1st man in = 11 times. NRL stats = 57 tackles????.

Got that off my chest feel better now.

It's going to take Kearney years to mould this team into Melbourne Storm 2.0 (not a cheating version of it).
The question will be will the Parra faithful and there board be patient enough for him to ring in the changes?

The bloke can coach no question about it.

I'm quite enjoying seeing the Eels lose and drop down the ladder, especially with that prick Walker in one of their jerseys.

I've only tipped them to win a few times this year and those have been too many times.

This is not politically correct but Parramatta, and some other sides, have too many Polynesian players imo. These guys are strong, but one-dimensional and just try to run over the opposition. It's not enough to score points. It was evident last night that they lack creativity, with Hayne the only one that has spark.
Look at the top teams (Manly, Illawarra, Melb and Brisbane) and you'll find several smaller, creative playmakers. Big is no longer better these days with the speed of the game and clever kicking used as such an attacking weapon.
That's my opinion anyway, and I await taunts of being racist.

Warriors U20's team - won the Premiership (maybe be bigger and more physical then the rest but have a heap of skill.)
Auckland Vulcans coming second in the NSW Cup
NZ winning the World Cup and 4 Nations in the last couple of years

The Warriors will win a comp it's not a matter of how but when.

Something tells me all this thought of having to many Polynesians in the side is changing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6