1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parramatta- What should happen ? / What will happen ?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by simon64, Apr 14, 2016.

1. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,078 / 26
    I know we've all been waiting to see what the NRL do with Doesn'tmatta.

So do people think they will get what they deserve ?

Personally, I think what should happen is that they should play for no points in 2016 and be made to shed players until their total spend is under the cap including the bogus TPA's which were clearly being guaranteed by the club.

I just can't see the NRL having the stones to do this though. I'm thinking they'll either get off with some fine or at worst have the suspended 4 points deducted. Greenturd is a piss weak administrator.

Oh, and happy 2000th post to me. One day soon I'm bound to come up with something insightful.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Clever x 1
  2. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    My guess, with no tipping ability whatsoever, they'll play for no points.
    And congrats on the many insightful posts!!

3. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    A 2000 point deduction for the eels!

IMHO they should be playing for zero in 2016 and fined a substantial amount.

The NRL will fine them between 0-14 points and award say the evidence was inconclusive.

4. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Active Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 5
    If they don't play for zero points and cop a large fine then the salary cap will die a natural death.
    Why would any club stick to the rules if there is no real deterrent.
    Clubs will go broke and the NRL would be in breach of the television rights contract for not being able to supply eight games a week and lose money.

I personally think they will cop a 10 point penalty making them fall short of a top 8 finish to try and please everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 35
    Kick them from the comp and give thier nrl licence to perth. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I'm hoping it is something season ending for them but suspect it'll be something wishy washy instead. Greenberg has a habit of slapping people with feathers when they break the rules

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    FWIW RLW Mole reporting that there are rumblings that another salary cap scandal about to hit involving a big club.

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,695 / 27
    I think they'll cop a fine and maximum 4point deduction. No way do the NRL want to knock them out of the running for the 8. 4 points will handicap them enough so the 8 might just be out of reach.

Now I think this will be a complete joke, but with Greenburg in charge, the NRL is a joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,344 / 56
    My opinion on this matter has never changed.
    The first thing NRL says is let's deduct points or play for nothing.
    Firstly, make damn sure they are under the cap TODAY!
    If not, shed some players...key player/s.
    Far as points... not a massive fan though if need be 2-4 points tops.
    Lets face it, for a team over the cap they have not performed well under...shows what can happen when playing for money without dedication to the team they represent.

10. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    The NRL made the Storm play for no points and made them shed players. This will be no different. I do not know why people think they will do nothing, history has shown when clubs are caught systematically rorting they get punished.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Briza

Briza Active Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 15
    10 points is something that has come up in a number of circles.

12. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,735 / 125
    Unfortunately, because for some unknown reason the Speels happen to be one of the most popular Sydney clubs who are seen as vital in the fight for fan support with GWS and the Wanderers in western Sydney, the NRL seem to be looking for the lightest possible penalty for them despite the fact that what they have done with the salary cap is really no less than the Dogs and Storm did. And from what I've heard, Nein are also pushing behind the scenes for a light penalty because they don't want arguably their highest rating Sydney club to have to play for nothing.

The fact that the NRL have already come out and said that neither Hoppa Mk.II nor Watmouth's salary will be included already says that they are looking to lessen the penalty as much as they can. And that despite Choc's TPA's being a big part of their cap rorting.

The sad thing is that if it was Manly or another of the less popular sydney teams (e.g. Cronulla).....we'd have the whole damn book thrown at us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    There has to be zero tolerance for salary cap cheating and the minimum penalty for any club caught must be zero points for the season as well as a massive fine to act as a deterant to other clubs

The precedent has been set with the storm and dogs

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,329 / 50
    I want Parra to play for no points unless we are the other club in trouble, in which case we can both get a stern warning :wasntme:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    The longer Choc stays, the less money they have to buy able bodied players with :)

Beau Scott must be due a season ending injury. His old body is being battered, just like Choc's was last year @:cool:

16. Eagle1

Eagle1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +199 / 15
    Look whichever they go,whether they fine them or deduct points which I think should be season ending,they'll be known as (cheats) so if they win games from that moment once the disition is made plus the games that they already won,in my eyes and most probably other fans they'll already have been judged,

17. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    There is one thing about what points penalty the team gets but what about the teams they have played against and beat?

Let's say they beat us tonight and over the weekend are told they have to shed players / play for no points - as per the normal with the NRL it will no longer be a level playing ground as teams who get to play the weakened eels (or less motivated) have an advantage

For mind not only do they need to play for zero points the games against them should be treated like a second bye

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. ricardo

ricardo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,078 / 68
    As per above, plus something has to be done at board level. There simply isn't a more crooked and dysfunctional board South of Queensland Nickel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    What should happen is that we flog them 60-0, then they get a 10k fine because Arfur goes ballistic at the referees, 6 of their players are put on report and all miss 6 weeks and tomorrow find out that they will be playing for 0 points this year and reveive a 500k fine. Watmough's and Hopoate's dollars are included in their salary cap and they would have to release 6 players to stay under the cap.

What will Happen? I don't know!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,701 / 257
    Let's not forget the influence of Nein here, I'm guessing the penalty will be very minor, with excuses given why it's not as big as what the others were.

2-4 points for me, not enough to take them out of the 2016 Comp.

Mind you I think there will be 15 other clubs rioting if they do, but also let's not forget who is in charge , Togg Greenslime, not exactly the hard liner needed!!!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016