Parramatta Seaeagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
It was not long ago we had Parra bent over bringing in Tony Williams, Wolf, Taufua, Buhrer, Horo...
Obviously they all shone at Manly after leaving the lackluster environment at Parramatta, but the Manly management knew they had potential wasted at the slimes.
The tables have well & truly turned - Hoppa, Choc, Gower, Lussick & supposedly a gun 5/8 in recent times.
Its a good way to destroy a footy career as proven in the past, so why in the hell go to that scuzzy Westy club who were only a Hindmarsh away from 5 more wooden spoons over the past 10 years!!
I cant put it into words so here it is = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Difference is - Manly has turned their careers around, winning GF's & not in a battle for the wooden spoon.
The extra money from being part of a winning club at careers end is being under rated & also the memories of their past heroics in Manly colours will be tarnished big time...

Who are Gower and Lussick? Do they play first grade? Never heard of them...

To be fair Loobs - Lussick was coming good at Manly before his horrible decision to move West.
Gower though a plodder played his part off the bench.
To add to your point, which is valid - its funny how we take their reserve grade players & they become quality 1st graders in a winning team, as opposed to them taking our 1st grade players & turn them into reserve grade players at a club constantly in contention for the spoon.....

Don't rate Gower at best he is an honest toiler, Lussick on the other hand if he had stayed with us I could see him being a representative forward he has just ****ed his career for some easy money.

To add to your point, which is valid - its funny how we take their reserve grade players & they become quality 1st graders in a winning team, as opposed to them taking our 1st grade players & turn them into reserve grade players at a club constantly in contention for the spoon.....

But then they didn't have King Arthur to coach them earlier.

Arthur was there last year & they looked ordinary - No Hayne & will look even worse....

Lussick's best game was the battle of brookvale. He has had no games like it since, because parra just doesn't play in high intensity, high stakes games. They either win or lose. When we lose, we go down fighting.

The few times I watched Gower take the field last season at the Eels I thought he played well. Better than he did for us. Must have been the Arthur magic.

The few times I watched Gower take the field last season at the Eels I thought he played well. Better than he did for us. Must have been the Arthur magic.

Even an average player will shine brighter amongst a similarly dour pack.

Shane Watson would look a lot better playing alongside his District club teammates.

He did come to Manly as a reserve grader at Illawarra & make a GF in a very successful side.
Its probably just easier standing out at the unmotivated Parra club. as Manly did put that winning culture into his system, Eels still have a way to go in that catagory.

He did come to Manly as a reserve grader at Illawarra & make a GF in a very successful side.
Its probably just easier standing out at the unmotivated Parra club. as Manly did put that winning culture into his system, Eels still have a way to go in that catagory.
gower to replace Watson at 3

Lussick will step up this year, you watch. A contract year for him and some young kids now genuinely fighting for his spot that he pretty safely held in recent seasons. No-one's gonna pay $450k a season again for him on his form to date and i think Parra will say you are free to go looking. Choc by his side revving him up will do him well. Is a good kid, now completely over his nigging groin injury who hasn't had quality around him at Parra like he did at Manly. Didn't want to leave Manly, but the money on offer in comparsion was too ridiculous to turn down. Just needs to focus on playing, rather than trying to be an enforcer, and I think he'll have a decent season.

I really don't see Choc motivating anyone. He was supposed to be one of the senior leaders at our club last year and instead he what, "sat in his car, not wanting to get out" - basically had the sooks - OR - like I said earlier - couldn't work out how to open the doors.

Either way, he's not a leader. He's at best a good player, at worst just a total **** head who will sook and tear your team apart. I can't for instance see him giving a motivational speech (he probably thinks toastmasters is a reality show about bread...)

Watmough has talked himself into a corner. He has his back to the wall now. I think he will knuckle down and produce at the eels. The Watmough some of you are describing is the one and same that played here last year. The same one that ate up meters and put in some big efforts.

He did this while he had the sh1ts, was sooking and was physically busted with his bicep. If he is 100% fit and in a happy place mentally, he will have a huge year.

Some peoples opinions of him are based solely on the way he has acted, and the things that he has said since leaving. Most of which I totally agree was low. But the fact remains, you don't need a high IQ to play rugby league, and Choc is bloody good at what he does on the field. He will lift the eels forwards this year.

Watmough has talked himself into a corner. He has his back to the wall now. I think he will knuckle down and produce at the eels. The Watmough some of you are describing is the one and same that played here last year. The same one that ate up meters and put in some big efforts.

He did this while he had the sh1ts, was sooking and was physically busted with his bicep. If he is 100% fit and in a happy place mentally, he will have a huge year.

Some peoples opinions of him are based solely on the way he has acted, and the things that he has said since leaving. Most of which I totally agree was low. But the fact remains, you don't need a high IQ to play rugby league, and Choc is bloody good at what he does on the field. He will lift the eels forwards this year.
Fair comments, but certainly doesn't change my mind on thinking he's a prick!

We pay unders for their cast offs and turn them into stars....they pay overs for our players and turn them
Into also rans

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4