Parramatta, Gold Coast Titans, Penrith, Canberra fined $166,557 for salary cap breach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle007

Reserve Grader
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/parramatta-gold-coast-titans-penrith-canberra-fined-166557-for-salary-cap-breaches-in-2011/story-e6frf3ou-1226340787876

????

Hoppa, Sandow to parra, they will be over next year too.

Seriously, how do they spend such stupid amounts on players and not breach the cap.
Though Penrith? lol

I would say this is a result of match payments. I bet we will sail close to the wind this year due to all of our injuries

It could be match payments, or stuff ups with 3rd party deals. The low amount of the fines means it will be minor breaches.

In the Scheme of the NRL the fine has to be high to deter it. They should release what the breaches were to clear it up. I know they have in the past.

Having Chris Sandow as your half back would be punishment enough.

Nah it's to do with players from outside of the 25 playing top grade

You could fine the Titans $358 billion, it does not matter they can't pay anything back!

I cant beleive thats all they get...you breach the cap...you breach it!!!!!how about the Tigers lost their appeal from 2010....$180K or there abouts....Imagine if Manly busted the cap by $60k....they would all want us kicked out

This is for the 2011 season, so it doesn't even take into consideration what they've paid Sandow ... its probably cap breaches for how much they are paying Hoppa!!!!!

Stupid stupid fining the clubs money. Take points off them. Gallop can't seem to think beyond the square. A breach equals four points deducted, and then start at 50K equals an extra two points and so on. Titans won't pay, Parra will do the same in a couple of years, The Riff should be put down and Canberra keeps paying a player who has played about a game and a half in the last two years. Fine the clubs points and that will stop them. The clubs that don't fiddle the books don't get any encouragement. A couple of hundred thou is chicken feed.

well then, for every point they don't have, they have to take the field with that many less players!

Surprised about the list though- 1 for Penrith being on it (must have over paid for the oak fridge)

2- that the broncs aren't on it.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6