Parra U20s player tests positive to cannabis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daniel said:
WAMF said:
I haven't said weed is ok.
but there are 'double standards' in practice here.
Alcohol is fine for many people, devastating for others. How about gambling, the most addictive and destructive form of amusement? How many people and families have been ruined by both of those?

The NRL ban weed but encourage alcohol and gambling.
Hardly a moral high horse there.

I'm not saying it's wrong or it's right, I'm pointing out the massive inconsistencies.

Yes but they stay within the laws. This isn't the place for a political debate on our governments handling of alcohol and gambling. Fact is they are legal and therefore ok at this point.

Personally I don't think the world would change that much if you made Alcohol or Gambling Illegal, people will always find ways to throw their money away or abuse their bodies.

I've seen weed ruin lives
I've seen alcohol end about 5, potheads are stupid but mostly non aggressive unless they develop schizophrenia, drunks are nearly universally aggressive and arrogant

I know this and I still have a few drinks on occasion

Daniel said:
WAMF said:
I haven't said weed is ok.
but there are 'double standards' in practice here.
Alcohol is fine for many people, devastating for others. How about gambling, the most addictive and destructive form of amusement? How many people and families have been ruined by both of those?

The NRL ban weed but encourage alcohol and gambling.
Hardly a moral high horse there.

I'm not saying it's wrong or it's right, I'm pointing out the massive inconsistencies.

Yes but they stay within the laws. This isn't the place for a political debate on our governments handling of alcohol and gambling. Fact is they are legal and therefore ok at this point.

Personally I don't think the world would change that much if you made Alcohol or Gambling Illegal, people will always find ways to throw their money away or abuse their bodies.

I've seen weed ruin lives
I've seen alcohol end about 5, potheads are stupid but mostly non aggressive unless they develop schizophrenia, drunks are nearly universally aggressive and arrogant

I know this and I still have a few drinks on occasion

Daniel said:
I have a particularly tough stance on weed, i have seen it ruin at least 2 people's lives that I know as well as other issues a little closer to home, I am not a weed smoker and absolutely hate the drug.

However the AFL have been trying for years to get it removed off of the WADA banned substances list, they have their own illicit drug policy which is different from the wada one, but also adhere to WADA.

I struggle to see how it is performance enhancing, there would be more concern with the amount of oranges the guys were eating compared to the rest of the team, and the chance they may take a nap on half way

People who ruin their life by smoking cannabis were always going to ruin their life. They just had something easy to blame it on. I use marjiuana for medical reasons going through chemo and all that and can attest to its medical benefits. Only if it is used correctly. No teenagers should go using it at all.

Daniel said:
I have a particularly tough stance on weed, i have seen it ruin at least 2 people's lives that I know as well as other issues a little closer to home, I am not a weed smoker and absolutely hate the drug.

However the AFL have been trying for years to get it removed off of the WADA banned substances list, they have their own illicit drug policy which is different from the wada one, but also adhere to WADA.

I struggle to see how it is performance enhancing, there would be more concern with the amount of oranges the guys were eating compared to the rest of the team, and the chance they may take a nap on half way

People who ruin their life by smoking cannabis were always going to ruin their life. They just had something easy to blame it on. I use marjiuana for medical reasons going through chemo and all that and can attest to its medical benefits. Only if it is used correctly. No teenagers should go using it at all.

Ronald Jock said:
Daniel said:

That is a terribly inaccurate and ignorant view

Ronald Jock said:
Daniel said:

Daniel said:
Ronald Jock said:
Daniel said:

No it's not. Same as people who ruin their lives by getting addicted to video games or pokie machines. They just found something easy to use an excuse.

Daniel said:
Ronald Jock said:
Daniel said:

No it's not. Same as people who ruin their lives by getting addicted to video games or pokie machines. They just found something easy to use an excuse.

Ronald Jock said:
Daniel said:
Ronald Jock said:
Daniel said:

Addiction is not an excuse, are you insane, naive, or just terribly insensitive?

Before throwing claims around like that I would go out and have a good look at the research on addiction, it comes in many forms, and it is rarely if ever down to a choice!

I don't doubt marijuana's medical benefits, however it would be foolish to say that it is a drug without side effects, and ones that I have witnessed in several people

Ronald Jock said:
Daniel said:
Ronald Jock said:
Daniel said:

Addiction is not an excuse, are you insane, naive, or just terribly insensitive?

Before throwing claims around like that I would go out and have a good look at the research on addiction, it comes in many forms, and it is rarely if ever down to a choice!

I don't doubt marijuana's medical benefits, however it would be foolish to say that it is a drug without side effects, and ones that I have witnessed in several people

these guys needed to relax, they got wind that hostile Sticky Stuart was on his way.

Also the local Parra convenience stores, Servos, 7/11s and supermarkets trade was booming every night around midnight.

these guys needed to relax, they got wind that hostile Sticky Stuart was on his way.

Also the local Parra convenience stores, Servos, 7/11s and supermarkets trade was booming every night around midnight.

DSM5 said:
Napper, tell me you're not for real. If the NRL got around to banning anyone who plays the game when they do something illegal, they may as well shut up shop. My take on it is, if it's not performance enhancing then it's a private matter. Maybe the club could make a ruling, but not the big guy. Did you know that riding a bike on the footpath is illegal Napper?

Sweeping these matters under the carpet, fining the player and make them do volunteer work with kids who have drug problems would be better.

Shame if this kid was at a party had a few beers and puffed on what he thought was a ciggarette.

The others are right too. Anything can ruin lives due to addiction. Drugs alcohol tobacco and gambling. Addiction to any of these things can ruin your life.

DSM5 said:
Napper, tell me you're not for real. If the NRL got around to banning anyone who plays the game when they do something illegal, they may as well shut up shop. My take on it is, if it's not performance enhancing then it's a private matter. Maybe the club could make a ruling, but not the big guy. Did you know that riding a bike on the footpath is illegal Napper?

Sweeping these matters under the carpet, fining the player and make them do volunteer work with kids who have drug problems would be better.

Shame if this kid was at a party had a few beers and puffed on what he thought was a ciggarette.

The others are right too. Anything can ruin lives due to addiction. Drugs alcohol tobacco and gambling. Addiction to any of these things can ruin your life.

I always thought any drug like weed, coke or ecstasy etc ended up in a automatic 2 year ban. Just like what happened to Dell. IMO 2 years is way too much for drugs that do not enhance performance. 12 weeks is a fair punishment in my opinion, I see no reason to wipe someone out for 2 years.

I always thought any drug like weed, coke or ecstasy etc ended up in a automatic 2 year ban. Just like what happened to Dell. IMO 2 years is way too much for drugs that do not enhance performance. 12 weeks is a fair punishment in my opinion, I see no reason to wipe someone out for 2 years.

As i said before Garts, 2 years would be a harsh punishment for someone who may have simply breathed it in at a party or whatever.

As i said before Garts, 2 years would be a harsh punishment for someone who may have simply breathed it in at a party or whatever.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6