Parra Game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Being careful what I say but, could playing Parra put our attack back in form.

Touch wood.... A very thick piece of wood.

ManlyArmy said:

Maybe, but if they beat us at Brookie what will that do for our form?

Ralphie said:
ManlyArmy said:

Unsure if we are at that point yet. In the first 6 rounds when our attack clicked, our defence followed. I think we just need that morale boosting, convicing win.

Ralphie said:
ManlyArmy said:

If we win well against Parra, it will give confidence, but it will not cure our poor attacking patterns, it will just lull us into a false sense of security. As soon as we have to play a Top4 team, we'll be exposed. REAL CHANGES need to be made. Does 2V have the courage to make them?

The team list is up and Hiku hasn't been named as a starting 13 or on the bench. Really scratching my head here. Drop Buhrer/Willams and put Hiku on, he has been pretty brilliant for the game time that he has had.

Number 1 thing that has to change is our go-forward. If we are able to find that again, quick play the balls will come and players like DCE, Foz and Gifty will have more room to move. Just look at Killer's try last night, great right side play off the back of momentum from a previous great run up the middle and quick play the ball.

When our attack is firing, the players can focus more on defence isn't of worrying to score off every play because of frustration.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game won't be a walk in the park for Manly and they better not treat it like one. Parra will be fired up for this game and so should we.
If we lose this game big changes need to be made.
I'd drop Buhrer and I'd have Sao in there we need impact off the bench.

Team list is

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Brenton Lawrence
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brent Kite
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Justin Horo
13 Glenn Stewart

Interchange
14 Jamie Buhrer
15 Tom Symonds
16 James Hasson
17 George Rose

Coach: Geoff Toovey

Eels
1 Jarryd Hayne (c)
2 Ken Sio
3 Ryan Morgan
4 Jacob Loko
5 Brayden Wiliame
6 Joseph Paulo
7 Chris Sandow
8 Tim Mannah
9 Matt Keating
10 Mitch Allgood
11 Reni Maitua (c)
12 Daniel Harrison
13 Darcy Lussick

Interchange
14 Ben Roberts
15 Peni Terepo
16 Fuifui Moimoi
17 Pat O'Hanlon
18 Jake Mullaney

Coach: Ricky Stuart

It is only the fans that treat games as a walk in the park, I'm sure the guys out there week in week out know it isn't

Hayne back for them, he normally always puts in a blinder against Manly

Parra have a strong team on paper and always give us a hard game. Lussick and Harrison will have them fired up for a big game.

Not confident

I do not understand the calls to drop Buhrer. He has been one of our better forwards over the last 4 games.

Lussick at 13 is interesting. Are they are worried about being overrun early by our (slow and aged) aggressive forwards ?

Garts said:
I do not understand the calls to drop Buhrer. He has been one of our better forwards over the last 4 games.

I agree. Unlucky not to score last night. His runs from dummy-half should occur a few more times a game. Gets at least 10m everytime.

tookey said:
Parra have a strong team on paper and always give us a hard game. Lussick and Harrison will have them fired up for a big game.

Not confident

Im guessing this is why you are 38th in tipping. Relax we will smash them.

I am hoping this is the guy our attack and form return. Time to get some momentum going to stay in the top 4.

KaZa said:
wheres Faoso?

He's not due back from suspension until Round 18 against the Cowboys. His 8 game suspension was in fact a 10 weeks suspension once you factor in the two bye rounds.

If we can't beat Parra at home, I'll give it away.

As long as we show up and expect to have to work to win, we'll be fine. Complacency is the only danger and given our recent record, we've got no right to be complacent.

We need to start winning and soon.

ManlyArmy said:

Teehee.

Must be a sign of how frustrated we're all getting.

The bolded piece didn't get any 'willy' reference responses.

Shame manly forum shame, and I don't believe you've all grown up!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6