1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PARRA FAILWHALE

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Pride, Jul 24, 2015.

1. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    First they admit they are over the cap, and the NRL investigate. Now 2 months later, Melbourne V2.0 starts.

2. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    Except Melbourne had a cabinet full of silverware.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    We all know Easts do something similar, but their extra payments result in success. What a massive failure for Doesn'tmatta. Overpay and under achieve.

4. XV-1

XV-1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +499 / 55
    :)
    So do the Eels. Except it's made of wood

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mosto

mosto Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 10
    Panthers and Tigers will be nervous. As 15th placed teams in 2012 and 2013 respectively, Parra may be forced to hand their wooden spoons back from those years making them wooden spooners by default.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. damiennp90

damiennp90 Well-Known Member

Menai, NSW
    Ratings:
    +327 / 17
    The author of the article was just on the Ray hadley show and said over the next few days another club will be named. At least this is one story we can't be involved with. We don't have any third payments ! :).

7. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    Silver spoons?

8. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    Please be the rorters

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rodo

Rodo Goldmember 2016 Tipping Competitor

Southern Sydney
    Ratings:
    +484 / 14
    Really? I would not be so sure about that. I would hazard a guess that many clubs have dodgy deals going on. There will be some nervous club execs now hoping that their club does not get uncovered.

We can only hope that the NRL and Dave Smith will act and fix up these murky salary cap issues. For a start, they should get rid of TPAs so that all clubs are on an even playing field.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. JenEagle

JenEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,637 / 45
    The eels should be feeling fortunate that the NRL hasn't kicked them out of the comp after the last five years. How much more do league fans and the game have to put up with from that club.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mjb136

mjb136 MWSE fanatic Premium Member

sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,462 / 32
    Parra are a joke, but sadly so is the way our club is run.

12. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    I'm a truly cynical bastard. The News Ltd headlines will *somehow* feature Manly. There's enough ex-Manly players there, and one that's implicated is coming back to Brookie in Lussick, that News "journalists" will find link and run with it: however tenuous that link may be.

Never get that they love to kick clubs (especially ex ARL clubs) while they're down, and they HATE US. They hate us with the heat of an exploding sun. They'll find a way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    Lol yep. I totally agree: I wanna make fun of them but glass houses, rocks and all that jazz...

• Like Like x 2
  14. silver

silver Active Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 7
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. At the beginning of last Saturday's Continuous Call Team Bozo said there were things to come out of Manly similar to the Parra situation over the coming days and weeks. Particularly around 'votes of no confidence' of board members, to which I assume relates to past and possibly present members. Wouldn't the press love that...

15. damiennp90

damiennp90 Well-Known Member

Menai, NSW
    Ratings:
    +327 / 17
    Wouldn't that top off a great year :(. What is wrong with our boards. If the previous board are found to be cheating I guess I'll have to put my faith in the current board. :).

16. Ramrod

Ramrod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 2
    hmmm... wonder what kind of payments Foz was promised or received to make it so much better "for his family".

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. manlywarringah

manlywarringah Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +894 / 27
    I'd say an $850,000 unit by Parramatta river which is a highly sought after complex. He has to pay $450,000 if you read the rumours in the papers....although half of them are crap but with the article in the SMH, it seems it may be true after all.

The rumour a few months ago went something like....which major signing at a club has just been promised a new water front unit worth $850,000 where he only has to pay $450,000 towards it as part of his deal?

I knew at the time it would have to be Foran and given that Dyldam are parra sponsors and are also building a lot of the complexes at parra, it stands to reason they have done the same with him and threw that in as a sweetener.

It would also be why it was hard to walk away from them when they revealed themselves as a basket case.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Terry Zarsoff

Terry Zarsoff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,553 / 68
    Tin foil hat time: Let me guess...the 'no confidence' victims will be the 2 members appointed from the Club?

I imagine the constitution is strong enough to prevent Silent P, Mr Fluffy and ZtH from replacing them with their own appointees? And where might that scenario lead? The RL world wonders.

19. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    So it seems that the 2009 GF was one cheating scum of a club against another cheating scum of a club.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1