[Resurrected] Parcell the next to go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep
Darcy Lussick
Addin Fonua Blake
Matagi
Brenton Lawrence
Nate Myles
Willis Meehan
Marty Tapau
Jake Trbojevic
Shaun Lane
Jamil Hopoate
Lewis Brown
Frank Winterstein
Matt Parcell
Api Korisau

Plenty of grunt and depth in that lot. Competition for spots will be red hot.
It was last year till injuries & poor team selections in the early part of the year .. Last years squad was great on paper .. We were fkd as early as rd 5 because of the above reasons..

Jesus some of you rate yourselves ha ha, this club couldn't give a **** what you think. Ask them, they will actually tell you that

I'm not saying I rate myself or this forum at all. I'm just one who has learned not to accept the obvious. Question everything is my motto. You may be right...but then you may be wrong. Same with myself. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but I'm not wrong for questioning.

As for the club not giving a **** about what we think, I doubt that is completely accurate. If they didnt why did they bother to say how good Parcell is. Why did they seek to refute the claims that he was being shopped around. And they've responded in such a manner a few times in the past. Why bother if they dont care. It impacts on some level, but its not a question of not caring, its a question of degree of interest in what the supporters are saying.

I'm not saying I rate myself or this forum at all. I'm just one who has learned not to accept the obvious. Question everything is my motto. You may be right...but then you may be wrong. Same with myself. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but I'm not wrong for questioning.

As for the club not giving a **** about what we think, I doubt that is completely accurate. If they didnt why did they bother to say how good Parcell is. Why did they seek to refute the claims that he was being shopped around. And they've responded in such a manner a few times in the past. Why bother if they dont care. It impacts on some level, but its not a question of not caring, its a question of degree of interest in what the supporters are saying.
Man , all I want to do is tuck you in to bed and wish you a good nights sleep. We all support this team , and it gets very frustrating watching their decline...hopefully we come back

The Sharks already have mania cherrington, mcirlwick again?, grant Garvey, and garvey jnr.
Sharks fans go nuts for the Garveys like their Turbos..
If they add Damien cook they're surely done..
McIlwrick is off to the Tigers

It was last year till injuries & poor team selections in the early part of the year .. Last years squad was great on paper .. We were fkd as early as rd 5 because of the above reasons..
Valid points and can add disrupted pre-season with DCE operation and loss of new starters Taupau and Brown to International duties, loss of usual first grade pre-season opponents to WCC, followed by a draw with short turnarounds reducing review and combination building time. A perfect storm for a rookie coach.
Facts, not excuses, but also a guide for what needs to be done this time round:
We need a couple of decent trial matches (it's OK to lose them as is our wont, but not by 40), and to stand up to the NRL on the draw. It's our turn to get decent turnarounds, more family friendly game scheduling, as well as more free to air telecasts to shore up sponsor support. They may not like us, but seriously, we are MWSE Rugby League Club, not the AFL!

And back on topic, really glad we keep Parcell. His enthusiasm reminds me of Buhrer's, and don't we need enthusiasm like Buhrer's.

Man , all I want to do is tuck you in to bed and wish you a good nights sleep. We all support this team , and it gets very frustrating watching their decline...hopefully we come back

Now let me dissect the comments you've made here Wombat. Hmmmm. You either think I see the world too glowingly, or you've got the hots for me. Gosh Wombat, I didnt know you felt that way. Throw me a kiss and I'm yours...all 66 years 140kgs, 1.9 mts with bad breath and sweaty arm pits of me. Ah love. Aint it grand.

If Api practises his passing 6 hours a day over the offseason he might turn out to be a good hooker ;)

I think I might have picked up the (or a) flaw in Api's delivery from dummy half.

Watching a few games on replay shows that he has this habit of picking the ball up at its points and that is how he throws the ball. Its like he's rushing it after looking around to see who he is going to pass it to. By holding the ball like that it gives him less control on where the pass is going to go, as we saw far too many times in 2016. When he picks up the ball with his hands closer to the middle of it his passes are usually just fine.

He needs to learn to grab the ball with his hands more to the middle of the ball all the time rather than grabbing it at the ends. Do that and his delivery from dummy half would probably improve a LOT.

Just started? Pre-season training starts in a week and a half mate. If we are bringing in ring ins much later on, how does that look for chemistry and combinations.

That's unfair to Barrett.

Might go a long way to showing who is really in charge.....which if true is a pity because I think TB does have the makings of a good coach if he could be given a proper go.

So what was actually said in the article about Parcell?
Bugger all. Just a brief snippet in the "Blindside" section on the inside back page of the "Daily" listing the three rumours: Sironen, Licha and Parcell, with "the club" apparently saying "no, no and no".

This might sound funny but for years I always wondered why we rarely try to pinch good hookers from Union. I hate the game but man oh man seeing those guys fire out beautiful quick spiral passes on both sides hitting doods chests at 20 metres was something I appreciated watching. Because u just don't see it in league quite frankly. Now Union forwards are ****ing monsters too so rugby hookers clearly can handle serious traffic up the middle too. It's mystifying to me clubs don't explore that option.

you have got to remember that they have all the time in the world to make up their mind and prep to where the ball is being passed whilst it just sits stationary in the ruck whilst some fat guys have a lie down and rest

you have got to remember that they have all the time in the world to make up their mind and prep to where the ball is being passed whilst it just sits stationary in the ruck whilst some fat guys have a lie down and rest
Haaaaa I know mate and I've since discovered its some dood called the fly half that throws those balls and not their hooker generally. (Silly me) I guess my real observation was just generally the union boys pass better than our guys so it's obviously just a technique thing they focus in more then NRL. Most seem to throw lovely spirals left and right while our blokes are still passing like they did in the 80s lol most of em

union balls are rounder as well so easier to control and get power behind. They also travel better through the air, though not as good as a soccer ball

Looks like I'll need to have a word with my young bloke Mark, I wouldn't have minded seeing young Sironen in Manly colours though
now it seems you will .... so much for the Mainly Daily setting things right ... so much bulls**t flying around I think I'll just wait and see who runs out in Rd 1 2017

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7