1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcell ready for step up in pace

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brookvale2015, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    It will be terrific to have a speedy dummy half runner at Manly, I'm looking forward to seeing him play. How does Parcell go in the tackling department? Can anyone who's watched a few Ipswich games comment on this?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,366 / 57
    Very good technique & a terrier.
    Will be tested so much more by the likes of burgess bros, Taumoulolo, Scott who target him early.
    Imo will stand up to most, but will give away plenty of offloads earlier in the season, due the modern game failing to reward good old school copybook lower tackles.

3. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,775 / 258
    Fair, but no where near the magic of Ballin.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    Solid defence and very aggressive defence he is also very watchful in tackles he scooped up a lot of loose balls that no one else would see in QLD cup

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Brookvale2015

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    Mate Ballin perfected his tackling over years Parcell has only played 6 games I'm sure he will build great defence over time especially with guys like myles Trbojevic and siebold teaching him

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. midsteyne

midsteyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +574 / 12
    he has already been gifted the manly ethos via the walker bros,love the way he plays and the way they coached.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Fibro Eagle

Fibro Eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +721 / 30
    Potentially our buy of the season if he can adapt quickly to NRL standard
    He is working hard and wants it all good to hit the ground running and secure his spot and hold onto it

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,775 / 258
    Based on what I've seen he's a potential superstar.

As soon as we signed him I went to an Ippy game and thought " holy **** I can't believe the Donkeys let him go".

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Brookvale2015

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    Bennett the super coach reckons Nikorima better than him yet Parcell out played Nikorima's whole season in 6 matches

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    The only thing lacking in Matty Ballin's game was creativity and speed from dummy half. Terrific defender and gave good service from dummy half, but rarely ran, even late in games when defenses were tired. But that was also the team player in Matty. He knew his job and unlike his current team mate Robbie Farah he doesn't try to take over out there. Matty would let Ox, Killer, DCE, Foran, Snake and Gifty do their jobs where even in Origin Farah would take it upon himself to do things and often its been a disaster.

Though I will admit that I'm looking forward to seeing how Parcell and Koroisau go. I don't think either are the 'tackle all day' type like Ballin (and with TB planning on using both in games they won't have to be like that), but I think they will provide more variety around the ruck.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jase Seaeagle

Jase Seaeagle Active Member

Central Queensland
    Ratings:
    +167 / 15
    I think this Kid is going to be a superstar. Every Game I watched him play for the Jets he was awesome. He will give good service to Daly and I feel he can play that extra man well. Has got speed to burn. Plus he can play a few positions. That's my thoughts anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    wasn't Parcell picked first until he signed with Manly then never picked again? Which would indicate Bennett rates Parcell.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Brookvale2015

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    I though it was coz niko was injured

14. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,555 / 32
    Speed from dummy half is going to be a big plus for us this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,854 / 192
    For what it's worth :)

• Like Like x 3
  16. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    I saw the boy play for the Jets on grand final day and he showed enough to suggest that we have a dynamic player coming to our club.

He is going to offer so much around the ruck and creativity which we had very little of last season. It will take a while for things to gel but I think our spine is going to be very potent as the year rolls on.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,361 / 111
    I watched a lot of Ipswich games last year and as entertaining as they were, I thought Matt played within himself in every game. He has a lot of talent and instinct in attack combined with a hunger on defence. He is a star in the making.in fact he reminds me of the Ella brothers the way he reads the play.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016