Panthers V Manly Waringah Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Panthers team
1.Jarrod Sammut 2.Brad Tighe 3.Geoff Daniela 4.Maurice Blair 5.Shane Elford 6.Wade Graham 7.Luke Walsh 8.Frank Puletua 9.Paul Aiton 10.Petero Civoniceva 11.Trent Waterhouse 12.Frank Pritchard 13.Nathan Smith

Interchange: 18. Lachlan Coote 14.Joseph Paulo 15.Gavin Cooper 16.Matthew Bell 17.Tim Grant 19.Masada Iosefa

Manly Waringah Sea Eagles team
1. Michael Robertson 2. David Williams 3. Jamie Lyon 4. Steve Matai 5. Tony Williams 6. Chris Bailey 7. Matt Orford 8. Brent Kite 9. Matt Ballin 10. Josh Perry 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Glenn Hall 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. Heath L'Estrange 15. Jason King 16. George Rose 17. Shane Rodney; Reserves: 20. Jared Waerea-Hargraves

Referees: Tony De Las Heras & Jason Robinson
Touch Judges: Steve Chiddy & Jeff Younis
Video Referee: Sean Hampstead

Toyota Cup Teams
Panthers team
1.Zoram Watene 2.Michael Fualalo 3.Jesse Sene-Lefao 4.Michael Mate 5.Jack Twist 6.Stirling Seijka 7.Harry Seijka 8.Sam McKendry 9.Luke Clydesdale 10.Tim Glasby 11.Daniel Penese 12.Jeff Ryan 13.Joel Romelo

Interchange: 14.Sam Jones 15.Jake Seaton 16.Ioritana Tuau 17.Andrew Pongi 18.Sene Lilomaiava 23.Micthell Cahalane

Manly Waringah Sea Eagles team

Hopefully Iosefa plays.... he is a terrible player that bloke. My old man is a panthers fan and he can't stand him hahaha.

I think we can roll these blokes.... keep an eye on big frankie on the edge... if he wants to play they'll go close if he doesn't feel like playing we should get em by about 14

Head To Head Records (1967 - )
Overall Head-to-head Records
Played 71; Manly 45, Penrith 25, Drawn 1

Head-to-head at CUA Stadium
Played 35; Manly 19, Penrith 15, Drawn 1

Record Crowd these Clubs (Excludes Finals)
21956 at CUA Stadium, 14/8/1988 (Rd 22), Manly Won 18 - 4

Last 10 Games Head-to-head:
Played 10; Manly 6, Penrith 4
Won By Score Venue Date
Penrith 12 - 10 Brookvale Oval 30/3/2009 (Rd 3)
Manly 34 - 16 CUA Stadium 6/9/2008 (Rd 26)
Manly 30 - 10 Brookvale Oval 1/8/2008 (Rd 21)
Penrith 22 - 16 CUA Stadium 1/6/2007 (Rd 12)
Manly 32 - 30 Brookvale Oval 23/7/2006 (Rd 20)
Manly 29 - 22 CUA Stadium 4/6/2006 (Rd 13)
Penrith 16 - 12 CUA Stadium 9/7/2005 (Rd 18)
Manly 36 - 26 Brookvale Oval 29/5/2005 (Rd 12)
Penrith 72 - 12 CUA Stadium 7/8/2004 (Rd 22)
Manly 20 - 12 Brookvale Oval 6/6/2004 (Rd 13)

Biggest Head-to-Head Wins
Penrith 72 - 12 CUA Stadium 7/8/2004 (Rd 22)
Manly 70 - 7 CUA Stadium 29/7/1973 (Rd 19)

http://203.166.101.37/NRL/index.html

Nutzcraw link said:
Hopefully Iosefa plays.... he is a terrible player that bloke. My old man is a panthers fan and he can't stand him hahaha.

I think we can roll these blokes.... keep an eye on big frankie on the edge... if he wants to play they'll go close if he doesn't feel like playing we should get em by about 14

a post below from a panther fan on LU

Manly to run at Blair all night and put 40 on us...deadset...that guy is so slow..he's our Owen Craigie. Incredibly talented...but incredibly lazy.

No Jennings or Lewis is VERY, VERY difficult to overcome.

Waterhouse is a worry.  He's in terrific form and should be in the NSW side imo.  Plays all over Kite.  Hopefully not on Saturday though.  Long kicks, pin them in their thirty.  They have plenty of errors in them and pressure with no penalties.  They also like to throw it wide and run down the line.  Can't let them get close to our line.  Their big men then run over the top of players.  Attack their backs and watch out for their little men running of the back of their roll on.  We should win this one quite easily if we're up.  Choc to have a big one.   

I reckon Jennings will play.

We need to be strong through the middle, they carved the tigers up late in the match with second phase play.

Ox needs to back up with another solid performance

DVS the Tigers were truly pathetic and let them run freely.  The Panthers were not good in that game, especially in the first half, and a better team than the Tigers would have posted a big score.  Pressure is something the Panthers don't seem to handle very well.  I agree the Ox certainly must stand up.  No silly overhead kicks to the wings, their speed men are dangerous down the flanks.  Kick along the ground and make their big men bend and reach for the ball. 

Having just said that, I'm now certain that Orford will put in plenty of silly kicks.

The Adjudicator
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25606087-5018866,00.html
Penrith v Manly, Saturday 7.30pm (EST), CUA Stadium
The Adjudicator says: "In round three we saw the Panthers grind out a shock win against the defending premiers; this time there will be no surprise when the mountain men ride roughshod over the Sea Eagles - and it's going to look a whole lot classier, too. Times have changed, Luke Walsh has arrived and the Panthers are premiership contenders now. The only positive Manly stand to gain out of this match-up is that Matt Orford might learn a thing or two off his far younger, yet way more talented, opposite number."

Agree/disagree with The Adjudicator? Tell him, in 100 words or fewer, why your team will win this match. Email The Adjudicator, including your full name and where you're from.

Panthers' Origin pair out of Manly clash
June 9, 2009 - 7:26PM

Penrith will be without NSW State of Origin stars Michael Jennings and Luke Lewis for Saturday's NRL clash with Manly at CUA Stadium.

Lewis has been ruled out for up to two months after X-rays revealed the 25-year-old will require surgery later this week after he fractured the big toe on his left foot during last Friday's 26-10 win over Wests Tigers.

The injury has almost certainly ruled Lewis out of the remainder of this year's State of Origin series and his place in the Panthers side will be taken by Nathan Smith.

Jennings has failed to recover from a calf injury that kept him out of the victory at Leichhardt Oval and Maurice Blair will keep his place in the centres.

http://news.leaguehq.com.au/breaking-news-sport/panthers-origin-pair-out-of-manly-clash-20090609-c24n.html

Every win is important (at any stage of any year) but this one is extra important considering our draw over the next month...win this oneand before long we could be on 20 points and within "striking range" of a finals possie.

Lewis and Jennings are very important to the Panthers, but so is Jamie Lyon to us and he "may" be missing????

"Manly is set to take on Penrith with an unchanged line-up, though the wingers David and Tony Williams have this week swapped sides."

http://www.sportsaustralia.com/articles/news.php?id=5627

As in the other thread, Farrar could come in to the side for Lyon if needed.  Could even come in as fullback and reshuffle the backline.  I'm excited to see this kid run around, although there's still that niggling feeling of us finally getting a roll on with the current setup and having to do another tweak of positions and plays.  Hopefully it will work fast and well.

Problem for this game - Orford thinking that sneaky kicks will get the panthers on the backfoot but instead doing a whole bunch of crappy kicks into touch, into players' arms...

It's an annoying habit of his.  Persisting with a particular sort of kick when adjustment should be made.  To often I've seen him kick to his wingers persistently when the opposing team have taller men.  Anyhow, our forwards have to stand up and stop their front rowers making yards and then we have them..  They rely on a power game and are prone to mistakes.  Has Jamie recovered for this game? 

Last week against the Tigers they played a really simple game, the only reason they won was that the Tigers screwed up so many times. The tigers problem is that all the players try and play like Marshal and Farrar and dont have the skill to back it up, the panthers have the opposite problem, aside from the last try where they started to chance it a bit all the play was to the forwards and straight up the middle. No flair really, I think with Choc, Kite, Perry, Gift going forward we should match them and I doubt we will see a lot of tricky stuff from them.

I think Orford should try and catch them with those grubbers he seems to be getting right lately and pass the ball out to wolfman on the wing or matai or killer for a few line breaks. Forget the high kicks, frankly the way Orford kicks them on a bad day it wouldnt matter who was on the other team they will look like superstars.

Also suspect was the number of times the Panters run of the 5th tackle, I really hate how they seem to over use what should really be a supprise option but it seems to come off every now and then so we sould be aware they do it.

Prediction :

Manly 28 : Penrith 8

FTS : Gift
LTS : Robbo
MOM : Wolfman with a double.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4