1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ox and matai back round 5? possible lineup?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by domdom, Apr 10, 2007.

1. domdom

domdom Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok,

depending on what the medicos say, ox and matai are due back for the round 5 clash against the dogs.

what do you guys think should be the lineup?

for me, ox is the obvoius choice for 7, burns should stay as 6. ballin has done really well, but monas should go back to hooker i think, which will put ballin on the bench. monas has more experience, and we might need his field goal kicking skills late in the game.

matai i think would be pretty effective coming off the bench. we could really use his strong running late in each half, where he would do some damage running into tiring defensive lines.

we havent really seen much from bell and lyon, but i think if they have ox dictating play, they might come into the game more. to win this game they really need to be more prominent than they have been so far in the comp.

thoughts?

2. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I would go with this.. just to throw it out there

01. Stewart
    02. Robertson
    03. Bell
    04. Lyon
    05. Hicks
    06. Burns
    07. Orford
    08. King
    09. Monaghan
    10. Kite
    11. Watmough
    12. G. Stewart
    13. Williamson

14. Ballin
    15. Rose
    16. Hall
    17. Matai

Use matai as just a hard running backrower or something.. if he can't be used like that then he goes to PL and Bryant gets the bench spot on the proviso he pulls his finger out.

3. Crushercleal

Crushercleal Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I don't think Matai is back for a few weeks yet.

4. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Matai would be good as a utility coming off the bench. As long as he can curb his rushing defense.

5. domdom

domdom Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i heard matai was due back in round 5.

definietly think we'll get alot of punch in using him off the bench, in a frank pritchard type role.

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,098 / 286
    I HOPE Orford is back....but this is from SMH today..and from the horses mouth:-

Menzies and Matai will be out for a few more weeks, while Orford talked down his chances for Saturday's game as an ankle injury continues to prevent him changing direction while running. "I don't think they'll name me [in the side to play the Bulldogs]," Orford said.

"I'm still not sure. We always said we'd have a look next week, but nothing is certain. I will have a run next week, but I haven't done any skill work with the team at all.

"I'll have a run this week and hopefully change direction. I think after a couple of tests in the middle of the week, I'll have a clear indication as to whether I will be fit for the game - or even if I'm going to be half a chance."

7. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    except frank pritchard is about 20 kilos heavier and probably got as much pace as him...

8. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Obviously its between Orford and Matai for the bench spot....

Only joking.

My team maybe:

3 Matai

6 Lyon
    7 Ox
    9 Monas

14 Ballin

Sorry Burns but I haven't been impressed.

9. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Though if Matai can't learn to keep his spot in the defensive line this would be mine:

3 Lyon

6 Monas
    7 Ox
    9 Ballin

14 Burns

10. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    pffft

4.Lyon
    6.Burns
    7.Orford
    9.Monaghan

14.Ballin

surely des won't drop Ballin now for Burns on the bench

11. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,098 / 286
    And Matai?

12. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yeah, a big screw you to the guys that have left Matai out!! hahhaa... we have to endure the headache that is finding a spot for him so you do too hahhaa

13. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Nutz, I have no problem with Matai coming back through the PL. As I've said in numerous posts, he could then work on his defensive problems.

14. domdom

domdom Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i think he'd be a waste in PL.

deserves a spot on the bench at least for the punch he gives us in attack.

15. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I think he is the type of player that can atleast come back through PL to get fitness etc, and see how he goes too.