Our Wins so far

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Excellent summation again TC. Just have a look at teams 3 to 8 at the moment sheesh give me a break if we cant get ahead of that lot.Being down on test level troops hits us hard because of our grind tactics. Replacements aren't up to the level yet to push through the grind. We tried against saints but just couldn't match them. Full strength we will overpower all opposition lets just hope we get back to full strength by the Storm game.

JK11 said:
Great post Tech Coach.

We are not the team that blows teams off the park with fluent attack and champagne footy. This is the main reason we fly under the radar. We leave misguided fans from opposing teams saying stupid comments like "your team is not that good, we could have beat you". These same fans share the same attitude as many of the clubs they follow. Tigers, Parra, Souths, Cowboys, Tigers again - take your pick. Its a loser mentality which they cannot shake. Luckily we and our team don't have their problem. We won many games last year without getting into 4th gear. This was the best indication of future success. Win ugly but still win. No matter who we played.

Please don't get me wrong, we did score plenty of tries last year (the most i belieive) and flexed our muscles on more than 1 occassion.

Once we return to making 50 metres on each set, kicking deep and attacking with our defence like we do best, we will return to the top 4. I think we can and i think we will. Injuries depending.

I worry about our prop rotation and our bench but then again, the same guys have done it before.

Oh, and hopefully the boys take there jumping shoes to Brookie, Walsh hasn't worked out that he is allowed to pass the ball so he just kicks everytime....

I'll be there...can't wait...GO MANLY!!

Sometimes people place too much emphasis on "we scored the most tries" or "look at our points for/against record" to back up their claims that the attacking side of things is doing fine. Yes in some respects a good indicator but sometimes you have to look deeper into the detail and it's not always as good as it appears.

Things like what is the standard deviation from the mean, type of tries scored, time of game, how well do we take advantage of repeat sets or do we overly rely on repeat sets to drain defensive outfits to eventually score, unforced error tries and overly bad defensive read tries etc etc etc so many area's you can look into to see where the deficiencies are.

Please don't reply "we have won 2GF's in 5yrs and played in 3 over the same period game set and match move on tech coach"---the point i'm making is there is always improvements to be made even if what your presently doing will win you another GF.

mickqld said:
Excellent summation again TC. Just have a look at teams 3 to 8 at the moment sheesh give me a break if we cant get ahead of that lot.Being down on test level troops hits us hard because of our grind tactics. Replacements aren't up to the level yet to push through the grind. We tried against saints but just couldn't match them. Full strength we will overpower all opposition lets just hope we get back to full strength by the Storm game.

I'm not a believer our tactics "are about the grind"---it's more an attitude of "we will not be the first to break" that Hasler has instilled into the squad.

It's not like if given the choice they would not want to blow teams away to make life easier and less of a grind more our flaws keep us in a grind and we use a superior tougher attitude to come over the top to compensate.

Haslers comment of "stay in the grind" is an attitude he wants to see in his players to stay in the game and remain competitive and eventually we will prevail.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4