Our weak link

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagleE

Reserve Grader
If you look at our strongest back line this year where does our weak link sit.
For this instance I use trys in grand finals
1. Brett Stewart - try in the 2011 grand final
2. Jorge Tafua - try in the 2013 grand final
3. Jamie Lyon - try in the 2011 and 2013 grand final
4. Steve Mattai - try in the 2013 grand final
5. Wolfman - try in the 2008 grand final
6. Kieron Foran - lazy bugger. No try.
7. DCE - try in the. 2011 grand final

By my calculations, Foran is our weak link. Pull your finger out mate. You're letting the team down.

Is Joey still our halves coach?

We really need to ensure that Foz and DCE keep improving. I thought last year was a real watershed year for them, but we need them to keep on keeping on.

From my point of view DCE seems to have all the skills and just needs that little bit of direction from a Joey to put the icing on top (which I thought was very evident last year). Foz isn't as skillful, but there were a couple of plays he ran last year that were just beautiful. I hope he continues to develop the skills. He doesn't need any improvement on his ball running game or his toughness.

Foz scored a perfect try in 2011 but the Vidiot disallowed it :mad: In the next set, he kicked for Gifty's amazing try from that Hoppa flick pass :angel:

Looking forward to the Georgalis factor. He stated in an early interview, that as an opposition assistant Coach, it was his job to identify weaknesses in teams.

We know Wolfie has issues, even Jorge too, under a bomb. Both are athletic and always are good trainers, so this should not be insurmountable as they are confident when taking a long range bomb :angel:

Horo/Foz combo should be maturing too. Hopefully Horo remembers Stevie on his left shoulder, as that wonder is always willing and able to take the ball up.

Can't wait for 2014 Season to start, so happy its at Brookie :)

HappilyManly said:
Horo/Foz combo should be maturing too. Hopefully Horo remembers Stevie on his left shoulder, as that wonder is always willing and able to take the ball up.

Yeh think you are right there about Horo and Foz, and Horo is only going to get better and start to release Stevie.

IMO, Manly have the second best backline in the comp, second to the Roosters of course :D.

But if I was to choose a weak link, it would be Wolfman. There was an obvious ploy in the GF for him to not try and out-leap Tupou, but it backfired on him badly, and it shot his confidence to bits; which led to the Jennings try due to a miscommunication with B Stewart.

Mind you, an obvious weak link in our backline would be SKD, but with Moga ready to get back into first grade this season, we may not have too worry about him too much longer.

Premiers said:
IMO, Manly have the second best backline in the comp, second to the Roosters of course :D.

But if I was to choose a weak link, it would be Wolfman. There was an obvious ploy in the GF for him to not try and out-leap Tupou, but it backfired on him badly, and it shot his confidence to bits; which led to the Jennings try due to a miscommunication with B Stewart.

Mind you, an obvious weak link in our backline would be SKD, but with Moga ready to get back into first grade this season, we may not have too worry about him too much longer.
Is there a Roosters forum??
No doubt you only jump on this opposition site & not the other 14 NRL teams out of admiration & respect...
I think the Roosters backline has many liabilities & thats why they trailed by 10 points mid part of the 2013 GF,
Realistically the game could easily have gone the other way & I doubt we would know of your existance if it was a Seaeagles victory....right?
Did you miss the Manly/Souths game??
Without the miracle Wolfman try busting Inglis in the corner you may well have lost to Souths in the decider.
He also made great ruck metres & was only a poor pass away from AGAIN being the hero in the GF.
The Roosters have had a good side for a while but admittedly SBW gave an X factor & Hargreaves decided to play footy instead of being a F**khead, then add Maloney, Jennings, Odonnell & anyone they could slip a brown paper bag too - plus get a coach who can add some heart too a crew of heartless pretty boys & it becomes competitive.
Include the extra rules that include quarter backs & all the closet supporters come out.

maxta said:
Premiers said:

Is there a Roosters forum??
No doubt you only jump on this opposition site & not the other 14 NRL teams out of admiration & respect...
I think the Roosters backline has many liabilities & thats why they trailed by 10 points mid part of the 2013 GF,
Realistically the game could easily have gone the other way & I doubt we would know of your existance if it was a Seaeagles victory....right?
Did you miss the Manly/Souths game??
Without the miracle Wolfman try busting Inglis in the corner you may well have lost to Souths in the decider.
He also made great ruck metres & was only a poor pass away from AGAIN being the hero in the GF.
The Roosters have had a good side for a while but admittedly SBW gave an X factor & Hargreaves decided to play footy instead of being a F**khead, then add Maloney, Jennings, Odonnell & anyone they could slip a brown paper bag too - plus get a coach who can add some heart too a crew of heartless pretty boys & it becomes competitive.
Include the extra rules that include quarter backs & all the closet supporters come out.

23537.jpg

You may need to change your diaper

Truth is Shane Hayne lost us that game with what could be described as either a terrible performance or outright cheating to ensure a Roosters victory

Either way you sound like a whiny little bitch who needs to man up and realize its 2014 and we have another few good shots at glory before the sun sets on this great side's current core and that's not even taking into account how much those 2 halves of ours will be a continued godsend if we can hang on to them for their entire careers

I like the way Foran describes the two sides of attack. He calls his side, Foz, Horo, Matai and Jorge the working class side. He calls the other side, DCE, Glenn, Lyon and Wolfie the flashy side. All for a giggle obviously, but also very close to the mark.

mozgrame said:
I like the way Foran describes the two sides of attack. He calls his side, Foz, Horo, Matai and Jorge the working class side. He calls the other side, DCE, Glenn, Lyon and Wolfie the flashy side. All for a giggle obviously, but also very close to the mark.

In the history of RL, the 2013 Manly Backline scored the most tries in a season - 90 :exclamation:
2V mentioned this at the AGM, he was mighty proud of his Team :)

The working class side scored 34 , the flashy class side scored 47 (with Wolfie Top Try Scorer in NRL 2013), and the classy Snake scored 9 :angel:

Manly has class written all over it, no matter how you label it :D

HappilyManly said:
Foz scored a perfect try in 2011 but the Vidiot disallowed it :mad: In the next set, he kicked for Gifty's amazing try from that Hoppa flick pass :angel:

Looking forward to the Georgalis factor. He stated in an early interview, that as an opposition assistant Coach, it was his job to identify weaknesses in teams.

We know Wolfie has issues, even Jorge too, under a bomb. Both are athletic and always are good trainers, so this should not be insurmountable as they are confident when taking a long range bomb :angel:

Agree with HM, Foran20 scored in the '11 Grand Final, but was disallowed. It was a Try everyday of the week.

Our biggest weak link is Snake's fragile body. If we get him to play 20+ games this year then we finish well inside the top 4. Wolfy will be under pressure to retain his wing spot, let's hope he responds well & improves his weaknesses otherwise Hiku will take it.

Snake to me has always been the difference between a Grand Final appearance and coming 4th or 5th and falling out of the semis in week 2 or 3.

Whilst I would love to see Snake play on for many years for purely selfish reasons (what Manly fan wouldn't?), I would love to see him get Beavers 180 tries and push onto the 200 mark.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4