Our up & comers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Have some of our talented up & comers plateaued to some extent in their development?

Of our younger brigade, Tafua has come from nowhere to hold down a wing spot, & Whare also has become a top grader this year, but they both still look to be at 'work in progress' level.

What about the others? I assume Oldfield hasn't really improved, otherwise he'd be in 1st grade. Players like Tim Robinson & Mauro (a member of our premiership 17) are either marking time or going backwards.

Harrison is one who looks like he's improving as the year goes on.

Most puzzling is Jamie Buhrer. This kid is a super talent, but doesn't appear to be having as much impact lately. Has he been injured?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Have some of our talented up & comers plateaued to some extent in their development?

Of our younger brigade, Tafua has come from nowhere to hold down a wing spot, & Whare also has become a top grader this year, but they both still look to be at 'work in progress' level.

What about the others? I assume Oldfield hasn't really improved, otherwise he'd be in 1st grade. Players like Tim Robinson & Mauro (a member of our premiership 17) are either marking time or going backwards.

Harrison is one who looks like he's improving as the year goes on.

Most puzzling is Jamie Buhrer. This kid is a super talent, but doesn't appear to be having as much impact lately. Has he been injured?

Agree SER8 on Oldfield - had the key wingers elements of speed & size but positional play & errors hurt him & after signing elsewhere Tooves & Co seem to think he is best to ripen on another tree.

Also on buhrer - This bloke has limited time on the field & have noticed in the physical type games this season has only got 20ish minutes of gametime. Though not designed to be an intimidator he maybe needs to lift his aggression to show Tooves he is up to the more physical collisions.
I must confess expected more from JB in 2012 & though he makes some impact off the bench with his speed attacking tired fowards in the ruck, still think he has another 2 gears not yet seen. Maybe saving it for the finals??;)
Up & Comers - have said this before - would rather 3-4 quality players like Gutherson, Jake ?, Kam Chee & Sao from NZ who are potential superstars than 12 maybe 1st graders other teams have running around in Toyota Cup. The future looks good.

I reckon we might of seen the last of Harrison and Oldfield in the 1s.

Lussick has been an improver, he seems to relish the tough games.

I actually reckon that lussick would make a better wide running 2nd rower than front rower he is tall and awkward to tackle.

bob dylan said:
Lussick has been an improver, he seems to relish the tough games.
Can't say I'm a big fan of Lussick. Too much like JW-H - too busy trying to prove how tough & 'I won't be intimidated' rather than play the game and running & tackling hard.

In a couple of years maybe, but then again perhaps he needs a maestro like Ricky Stuart to bring out his best! cough-cough-splutter

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6