Our Team in 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

1 - Stewart
2 - Taufua
3 - Matai
4 - Lyon
5 - Hiku
6 - Foran
7- DCE
8 - Lawrence
9 - Ballin
10 - Starling
11 - Lui
12 - Mateo
13 - Buhrer

RES
14 - Vave
15 - Mason
16 - Hodges
17 - Symonds

JSL, Jake Turbo, Tetevano, Horo, Chee Kam

Starling either starts or doesn't make the 17. Can't have him off the bench, offers zero impact IMO. Also think Hodges is a must off the bench.He showed a hell of a lot in the finals when thrown in the deep end.
At least next year we've got some real depth up front, which was severely lacking last season.
Also make or break season for Jake and Chee Kam. Time to step up boys.

Also make or break season for Jake and Chee Kam. Time to step up boys.
[/quote]

Think this is a bit harsh on Jake T as he only just breaking through to First Grade having played 1 game. Did you Sao and Chee Kam as both have been here 2 years and played 1 First Grade game between them. Lots of injuries for 1 of them I know but thought they may have played a few more games than that.

Stewart
Hiku
Lyon
Matai
Gutherson GK
Foran
DCE
Starling
Ballin
Mason
Buhrer
Mateo
Lawrence

Lui
Sene-Lefao
Vave
Symonds/Tetevano depending on opposition

Trbojevic
Horo
Hasson
Hodges
Taufua
Chee-Kam
Littlehorn

Some talk on here of Lawrence to the back row and I give that the Monty Burns thumbs up

I think that really is the place for him. I feel with his pace he is a bit wasted in areas where can rarely make a break. The big issue is his passing. I haven't seen him pass in the history of the universe??

for me:

1. Snake
2. Hiku
3. Killer
4. Matai
5. Blair
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Mason
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Buhrer
12. Symonds
13. Mateo

14. JSL
15. Lui
16. Starling
17. Hodges/ Vave/ Tetevano (Depending on opposition)

When I have seen Mateo play, he is best utilised in and around the ruck, up the middle in broken play where his offload and mobility can do most damage. As a few posters have mentioned, snake likes to sniff around these sorts of areas as well and he could really thrive.

Buhrer and symonds are strong line runners, mobile and skillful and on the edges they already have strong partnerships with DCE and Foz and I'd be reluctant to break that up.

Regarding Lawrence at back row, whilst I can understand the argument for him being there due to his speed, I worry he hasn't got the hands/skill to be as effective there as our other options.

However the solution to this would be to rotate during the game. If we are playing big sides e.g. dogs or souths then this might be a smart move during the game to bring on starling and push lawrence to back row and he can get a lesser work loads out wide but still contribute with his size.

Some people are posting some incredibly unbalanced packs

In the starting pack you have 3 middle forwards and 2 edge forwards, on the bench you have 2 middle and 1 edge with the 4th varying depending what you need or want

Buhrer, Symonds, Horo , Leary = edge forwards

Lawrence, Mason, Starling, Lui, Vave, Hasson = Middle forwards

Mateo can play both, whilst Sene Lefao is drifting towards middle forward

Can't comment on Tetavano

Killer03 said:
Some talk on here of Lawrence to the back row and I give that the Monty Burns thumbs up

I think that really is the place for him. I feel with his pace he is a bit wasted in areas where can rarely make a break. The big issue is his passing. I haven't seen him pass in the history of the universe??

Not sure about passes in general, but according to the nrl stats (pretty sure they'd be accurate?) he is our top off loading forward.

A quick look there shows the offloads by our forwards this year as...

Lawrence - 18
JSL - 11
Horo - 11
Buhrer - 9
Turbo - 7
Starling - 4
Lui - 3
Symonds - 2

Watmough - 28
Mateo - 17
Mason - 14

Disco said:
Some people are posting some incredibly unbalanced packs

In the starting pack you have 3 middle forwards and 2 edge forwards, on the bench you have 2 middle and 1 edge with the 4th varying depending what you need or want

Buhrer, Symonds, Horo , Leary = edge forwards

Lawrence, Mason, Starling, Lui, Vave, Hasson = Middle forwards

Mateo can play both, whilst Sene Lefao is drifting towards middle forward

Can't comment on Tetavano

I get what you mean, instead of a bench of JSL, Lui and Starling with the 4th option between Hodges and another forward, would it be Horo to go in on the bench then, with either Lui or Starling dropping out?

mozgrame said:
Killer03 said:

Not sure about passes in general, but according to the nrl stats (pretty sure they'd be accurate?) he is our top off loading forward.

Lawrence - 18
JSL - 11
Horo - 11
Buhrer - 9
Turbo - 7
Starling - 4
Lui - 3
Symonds - 2

Watmough - 28
Mateo - 17
Mason - 14

Is there a refinement to that stat such as whether those offloads were to a player in a better position than they were or to their own player rather than the opposition or even to a player at all, because my recollection of many of Chocs offloads was that they were mostly in the latter 2 categories.

Ralphie said:
mozgrame said:
Killer03 said:

Lawrence - 18
JSL - 11
Horo - 11
Buhrer - 9
Turbo - 7
Starling - 4
Lui - 3
Symonds - 2

Watmough - 28
Mateo - 17
Mason - 14

Is there a refinement to that stat such as whether those offloads were to a player in a better position than they were or to their own player rather than the opposition or even to a player at all, because my recollection of many of Chocs offloads was that they were mostly in the latter 2 categories.

That is my recollection too. What do you expect from an eel though? ;) lol

The Lawrence stat was the one that interested me. Maybe people are a little harsh on he and Horo sometimes.

Quite shocked at those stats for Lawrence as I don't recall a lot of offloads.

If Mateo can recapture his form of a couple of years ago he will be a sensation. I think it was around 11/12 when he was offloading selectively (not every tackle) and it was causing absolute mayhem for opposition teams. Shaun Johnson and Kevin Locke would be sniffing around and cutting the opposition up the middle......enter Snake and Hodges.

Tetavano (if he is registered) makes Starling look like the average plodder he is.This guy has serious potential if he gets his life in order.The wrap on him at the knights was huge.Lawrence,Mason,Tetavano,Lui and JSL to cover the middle third for mine.

susan said:
Tetavano (if he is registered) makes Starling look like the average plodder he is.This guy has serious potential if he gets his life in order.The wrap on him at the knights was huge.Lawrence,Mason,Tetavano,Lui and JSL to cover the middle third for mine.

Yes I agree about Tetevano, he is the one I'm really keen to see come off the bench if he gets registered. He can seriously bend the line.

susan said:

Starling is a solid plodder at worst playing his first full season. There were a few games this year where he was grea tincluding his last one, about 150m and 30 odd tackles. If he can put more of them together he will pass BJ. Really he should have been coming off the bench.

Given props come on a bit later and after a full season and off season I think we will see more of the good, less of the bad next year.

If not at least we have more cover as well.

Gib the Pom said:
for me:

1. Snake
2. Hiku
3. Killer
4. Matai
5. Blair
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Mason
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Buhrer
12. Symonds
13. Mateo

14. JSL
15. Lui
16. Starling
17. Hodges/ Vave/ Tetevano (Depending on opposition)

When I have seen Mateo play, he is best utilised in and around the ruck, up the middle in broken play where his offload and mobility can do most damage. As a few posters have mentioned, snake likes to sniff around these sorts of areas as well and he could really thrive.

Buhrer and symonds are strong line runners, mobile and skillful and on the edges they already have strong partnerships with DCE and Foz and I'd be reluctant to break that up.

Regarding Lawrence at back row, whilst I can understand the argument for him being there due to his speed, I worry he hasn't got the hands/skill to be as effective there as our other options.

However the solution to this would be to rotate during the game. If we are playing big sides e.g. dogs or souths then this might be a smart move during the game to bring on starling and push lawrence to back row and he can get a lesser work loads out wide but still contribute with his size.

Good side Gib but I hope Jake T gets a bench spot.

mozgrame said:

Lawrence - 18
JSL - 11
Horo - 11
Buhrer - 9
Turbo - 7
Starling - 4
Lui - 3
Symonds - 2

Watmough - 28
Mateo - 17
Mason - 14

To put that in perspective here are the overall NRL stats for offloads

1. Corey Parker (Brisbane) 69
2. Sam Burgess (South Sydney) 58
3. Sonny Bill Williams (Sydney Roosters) 55
4. Jesse Bromwich (Melbourne) 50
5. Brad Takairangi (Gold Coast) 44
6. Ben Matulino (Warriors) 41
6. Dane Tilse (Canberra) 41
8. Adam Cuthbertson (Newcastle) 40
8. Chris Heighington (Cronulla) 40
8. Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly) 40
8. Tony Williams (Canterbury-Bankstown) 40
12. Beau Scott (Newcastle) 38
12. Sisa Waqa (Melbourne) 38
12. Trent Merrin (St George Illawarra) 38
15. Andrew Fifita (Cronulla) 37
16. Peter Hiku (Manly) 35
17. Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers) 34
17. Paul Carter (Gold Coast) 34
19. David Shillington (Canberra) 33
20. Kane Linnett (North Queensland) 32

As interesting as these lists are, I can't see tooves leaving out a fit taufua in a 100 months of sundays.

interesting that we have 2 backs in that list whereas most are forwards.

It is almost like we gave the ball a bit more to our backs and less to our forwards as part of a game plan. One could expect the raw stat of forward metres to be down due to this maybe?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6