Our succession plan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
King has to be considering retirement. He has a legal profession to take up, so does not need to squeeze anymore dollars out of his aching bones :cool:

I wasnt going to post in this thread because its extraordinarily difficult to do any sort or realistic forecast of retention when form and monetary issues are not clearly on the table & who knows who will be available when the time comes to replace a certain position.

But MOBrissie has done a good job by doing a priority listing, year by year with cheapies separated. Not a bad format & of course it will be out of date in 5 minutes but that is probably the best way ive seen to do a list for the purposes of this thread.

I would do a list myself here, but I had Gift leaving to free up cap space a season or so ago in some sort of delusional "rebuild" thread. So viva la experts.

Mark from Brisbane said:
So from 2014 I think we need to keep the following if at all possible and the remainder if they can be had cheaply.

Jamie Buhrer, Clinton Gutherson, Peta Hiku Jesse Sene-Lefao, Glenn Stewart, Tom Symonds, Anthony Watmough

Whilst Kingy is going well this year (so far) if he is indeed off contract this year I doubt he'll get another contract in 2015 and beyond

Moving on to 2015 the following to be kept if at all possible and again the balance looked at if cheap.

Matt Ballin, Cheyse Blair, Michael Chee-Kam, Daly Cherry-Evans, Kieran Foran, Justin Horo, Brenton Lawrence, Steve Matai

Note I have included Blair but excluded Williams in this list, Berryman I think is a 9, so certainly may be worth keeping to be a back up for the currently very dependable Matt Ballin

By 2016 I think Jamie will be ready for a couple of years in the UK and Brett will be ready for retirement due to his ongoing knee / hamstring issues (this may actually happen prior to that date but I can't see the club renewing in 2016). Starling may well be a keeper by then, lets see how the rest of 2014 goes.

By the way I am pleased Dave Warwick and Tooves is doing this, apart from a financial juggling act it would be tough to have to make decision like not renewing your current co Captain.

I would think if Kingy gets through the year ok he'd at least have the option of a down graded contract and possibly on a year by year basis.

And Jayden Hodges is the gut you are thinking of, Mark. He will be a superstar.

The way I see it there's 2 scenarios

Scenario 1 snake stays with us

In which case

Retain: Jamie Buhrer, Clinton Gutherson, Peta Hiku, Jason King(downgraded), Jack Littlejohn, Dunamis Lui, Tony Satini, Jesse Sene-Lefao, Tom Symonds, Anthony Watmough, Daniel Harrison, Masada Iosefa

Out: Lauaki, Lawton, Glenn Stewart, O'Dare, Williams

In: Duffie (cheap), Moi Moi (unwanted by parra), Kasiano (at the right price), L Foran or Tuimavave for halves depth and Depending on what we can afford young prospects to fill the squad

Scenario 2 souths decide to shift Inglis to 5/8 and play the snake at fullback

In which case some $$$$ are freed up

Retain: Jamie Buhrer, Clinton Gutherson, Peta Hiku, Jason King(downgraded), Jack Littlejohn, Dunamis Lui, Tony Satini, Jesse Sene-Lefao, Tom Symonds, Anthony Watmough, Daniel Harrison, Masada Iosefa

Out: Lauaki, Lawton, Glenn Stewart, O'Dare, Williams, Brett Stewart

In: Tedesco, Duffie (cheap), Moi Moi(unwanted by parra), Kasiano (at the right price), L Foran or Tuimavave for halves depth and Depending on what we can afford young prospects to fill the squad

flying sea eagle said:
Dependent on price obviously disco he's unwanted by the dogs and I can't see him being overly expensive

The Northern Beaches pie shops would be happy; he'd make up for the loss of revenue since George headed south. Or perhaps Sam prefers kebabs.
Seriously - no. He's not wanted at Manly and doesn't fit the speed of the game. We have plenty of props in reserve grade; some of them are going to step up and become good first graders.

Have a go at someones ethnicity and it's cool. Go anywhere near disability by calling someone a spastic and everyone loses their minds.

Flying sea eagle- you have listed Tedesco as cheap!

I think you will find that to secure him you would be paying more money than almost any outside back in the game outside the superstars in Stewart,Slater, Hayne, Inglis and Dugan.

The kid is an obvious star and every club knows it.400k per year minimum.

Disco said:
We dont have the money for Kasiano......nor would I want him, overated 1 season wonder
It's possible the Dogs desire to change their culture is another reason he's on the outer, he was linked to the incident involving a female reporter.
In any case I wouldn't want our club to be infected by any stray Dogs. Yes sorry T Rex and Des, even including you.

Moondog said:
I'd take James Graham in a heartbeat, assuming he wanted a premiership before going back to the old dart.

That man is cursed, played in 5 or 6 Super League Grand Finals and lost everyone. Now has a NRL GF lost as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2