Our record under Cecchin & Archer this year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How dare you put my ready made excuse to the sword

ManlyBacker said:
You know when you follow a game and a decision comes from the ref and you go "what the...?" Well, that's a Checchin. I've been watching this game for over 40 years and he leaves me scratching my head trying to work out how he sees things.

Its his third eye. You know, the one round the back.

All the refs are useless and make howlers. I am not concerned at all and have left my tin foil hat in the draw.

IMO Cecchin has been by far the best referee from around the middle of the season onwards this year. Unlike most of them that destroy every game with nitpicking penalties he has put the whistle away and let the players decide the game. Every game I have seen him involved in lately has been a real battle of the forwards for field position rather than the usual mandatory penalty every couple of sets just for the hell of it.

If he keeps doing what he has been doing and lets the game flow we should beat the warriors convincingly.

Archer worries me more the Cecchin. If he starts blowing penalties then it may become a whistle blowing contest rather than a game of league.

Matabele said:
Gumby said:
That's true Ads, but there doesn't seem to be an ongoing bias against us from either of these refs, despite Cecchin's blunder a few years ago.

Go and re-watch the Round One game against Melbourne. A disgraceful match.

How about our game against the Sharks this year? I work with a Cronulla fan and he is still blowing up how the refs (incl. Cecchin) won the game for us.

Or how about the touchie that helped us win the crucial game with the Knights a few years back - you know the one where Joey got suspended for verbally abusing him? That was Cecchin too.

We need to stop the conspiracy theories/ready made excuses for losing and just get on with it.

Pretty good decision on the refs in my opinion.. very fair and the stats show that (compared to some other trigger.. whistle happy refs). Where did you find the statistics?

I think most of the penalties were pretty fair on Saturday night ...

Instead of putting the two best referees together they have gone with the better referee combination from the finals series. Simple. They shouldn't matter anyway!

Ceagle said:
Is the reason everyone hates Cecchin on here because of the howler he did in the 2009 game against the Gold Coast?

I'm not very fond of Cecchin. In fact, on the LIVE Coverage of FOX Sports 2 when the names of the referees are displayed on screen just before the game kicks off and he's one of them (the referees) my immediate reaction to the sight of his name is 'Oh no, him.' And once again, when I found out he's going to be there on Sunday, I had the same reaction as I always have. I will admit he hasn't been too bad in recent games whenever Manly's had him refereeing the game but I will never forget that last few seconds in the game we had against the Titans in 2009.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6