Our record under Cecchin & Archer this year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Gumby

Under Cecchin:
3 games, 2 wins, cumulative penatlies: 16 for, 16 against

Under Archer:
5 games, 5 wins, cumulative penalites: 24 for, 23 against

Hardly biased results! Worth noting that one of the games Cecchin reffed was the Cronulla game this year - not only did we win the penatly count, but we were on the end of some very favourable 50/50 decisions towards the back end of the game.

No conspiracy. If we lose on Sunday, it'll be because we were beaten by a better team, not because of a ref. Can't see it happening though. Manly by 18.

Thanks for the great work.

Any idea how the Warriors fare under these two?

Thanks Gumby . I am sure we will continue with our winning record with
Cecchin
and Archer on sunday .

Good question Bob. Here it is:

Warriors under Cecchin 2011 (regular season):
3 games, 2 wins, cumulative penalties: 9 for, 15 against

Warriors under Archer 2011 (regular season):
5 games, 2 wins, cumulative penalties: 29 for, 28 against

Then you had Saturday's game against the Storm reffed by both Cecchin and Archer, which was obviously a Warriors win, with a 4-1 penalty count in the Warriors favour.

So, in 2011, we have fared better than the Warriors under these refs.

Now that's what I call research!

Although penalty counts aren't the only indication as to whether you've have preferential treatment by a ref, as sometimes its the ones they don't give you which are the cause for concern.

You'd expect the Warriors to have worse records under any ref on average as they lost more games throughout the season.

That's true Ads, but there doesn't seem to be an ongoing bias against us from either of these refs, despite Cecchin's blunder a few years ago.

Gumby said:
That's true Ads, but there doesn't seem to be an ongoing bias against us from either of these refs, despite Cecchin's blunder a few years ago.

Go and re-watch the Round One game against Melbourne. A disgraceful match.

I'm not convinced he's the second best ref running around. Why would Harrigan anoint him, unless there's something smelly in the poo bucket? There are two teams running around on Sunday, one that's on the nose with the NRL, and another one. Go figure what's on the agenda.

DSM5 said:
I'm not convinced he's the second best ref running around. Why would Harrigan anoint him, unless there's something smelly in the poo bucket? There are two teams running around on Sunday, one that's on the nose with the NRL, and another one. Go figure what's on the agenda.

How about Haynes poor display of self control on Friday, I'm ok with the refs if we play to our potential they are a non event

Is the reason everyone hates Cecchin on here because of the howler he did in the 2009 game against the Gold Coast?

Ceagle said:
Is the reason everyone hates Cecchin on here because of the howler he did in the 2009 game against the Gold Coast?
I think it is - and many miss the point that there was a clear penalty conceded by (I forget the player but for some reason think Rose) in the same play, so ultimately it is a non event

Ceagle said:

No. My hatred started years ago with a game against the Warriors in NZ where I think that it was either Archer or Steve Clark doing the refereeing duties. We were doing quite well and winning the game approaching half time when whichever referee that it was, pulled a hammy or something and couldn't go on any longer. Checcin came on as the replacement referee and caned us with penalties and we lost the game.

The howler that he did against us against the Titans in 2009 is only a secondary reason to hate him.

Yeah I remember Checcin as a touchie running on with a report against Manly and then missing a similar incident just a little later. Haven't been able to stand him since then!

Cumulative averages of penalty counts mean nothing if the crucial penalty is given incorrectly at the right/wrong time.

Checchin is a dud in my opinion but Im still confident in our teams ability despite any rubbish from the refs.

Jethro said:
Ceagle said:

No. My hatred started years ago with a game against the Warriors in NZ where I think that it was either Archer or Steve Clark doing the refereeing duties. We were doing quite well and winning the game approaching half time when whichever referee that it was, pulled a hammy or something and couldn't go on any longer. Checcin came on as the replacement referee and caned us with penalties and we lost the game.

The howler that he did against us against the Titans in 2009 is only a secondary reason to hate him.
What year was that Warrior game?

Ceagle said:
Jethro said:
Ceagle said:

What year was that Warrior game?

2001 (I think and only because of this link http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/referees/tabid/10441/default.aspx )

You know when you follow a game and a decision comes from the ref and you go "what the...?" Well, that's a Checchin. I've been watching this game for over 40 years and he leaves me scratching my head trying to work out how he sees things.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4