our no1 ticket holder

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Insomniac

Reserve Grader
Love him or loathe him ( I personally don't mind him ) I was heartened to here him say that the redevelopment of Brookie is foremost in his mind. The blind dogma of the NRL to have everyone playing out of the soul less caverns of ANZ and Alliance takes away the tribal atmosphere of the smaller home ground venues. If we lose that we lose something special. Did you see all the kids on the ground after full time having a ball where their hero's had just performed. I did at Brookie when I was a boy and why should the NRL deprive people of that thrill. It remains to be seen if Mr Abbot ca deliver.

Love him or hate him he is the no 1 man and we are the no1 team . It takes great character to be no 1 .

Love him or hate him, remember he is a politician at the end of the day. Take everything he says with a grain of salt. He is hardly going to turn up at Brookie last night and not pay lip service to the redevelopment mantra. Action is what is required, not words.

Th funding of Brookie will be done without fanfare and kept relatively quiet. With the state of the countries finances he is likely to cop a belting in the media for spending the money.

My understanding is that the only delay is whether or not Brookie is transferred to a State Govt Trust. once that's done then so is the funding.

If he does not deliver we can all hate him but in the mean time lets love him because he said he will do the job

Fat Tony has conservative values and lives by them.
He has for decades spent a month each year volunteering in Aborigine Communities, is a volunteer Rural Fire Fighter, Lifeguard and has raised three sensible young Ladies. :angel:

If he wasn't a Polititian, he would be lauded by all.
As it is, he does have to compromise with his Parties Policies :cool:

It was great seeing him singing the Manly Victory Song, as it meant that Manly won! May he be Eagle rocking it in October :D

I want Tony to ensure that Brookie remains the home of the Sea Eagles and that the facilities are brought up to scratch. I'm hoping he doesn't need a three word slogan to deliver. He will get my thanks when the job is done.

HappilyManly said:
Fat Tony has conservative values and lives by them.
He has for decades spent a month each year volunteering in Aborigine Communities, is a volunteer Rural Fire Fighter, Lifeguard and has raised three sensible young Ladies. :angel:

If he wasn't a Polititian, he would be lauded by all.
As it is, he does have to compromise with his Parties Policies :cool:

It was great seeing him singing the Manly Victory Song, as it meant that Manly won! May he be Eagle rocking it in October :D
If he keeps his word hell be alright by me.

I would never vote for Tony but he was not prompted or pressured to talk about the facilities needing upgrading so it sounds like he is genuine.

But hey "my understanding is" has greater weight than a TC opinion lol.

Masked Eagle said:
Hugh Jackman would be more successful at getting funding for Brookie.

Wolverine could fund it himself, if he wanted, I'd say mate!

And does anyone honestly think Abbott would've been as keen, or likely to be at Brookie, if Manly weren't on top of the table?

Think about it.

Now that is mean - Tony and his Family have been regulars at Brookie all their lives. :cool:

As part of the Community Round, Tony was invited by Manly to present a welcome to the Bear Cottage Charity Kiddie, due to his being the #1 Ticket Holder in 2014.

He is not all bad, even though he is a Politician :p

I still ain't a fan (for various political reasons) but I see your point HM.

I'll be a lot more understanding IF he does something proactive in the refurbishment phase, as promised.

Wolverine for PM, either way!

HappilyManly said:
Now that is mean - Tony and his Family have been regulars at Brookie all their lives. :cool:

As part of the Community Round, Tony was invited by Manly to present a welcome to the Bear Cottage Charity Kiddie, due to his being the #1 Ticket Holder in 2014.

He is not all bad, even though he is a Politician :p

All his life is almost as long as he's promised redevelopment of Brookie!

RiverEagle said:
I still ain't a fan (for various political reasons) but I see your point HM.

I'll be a lot more understanding IF he does something proactive in the refurbishment phase, as promised.

Wolverine for PM, either way!
I reckon a wolverine for PM, my dog Rocket for Treasurer, maybe a couple of sea eagles for Education and Foreign Affairs and a bunch of headless chooks and cut snakes on the back benches.... it'd have to be an improvement...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7