our injuries?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
ok i know that matai,lyon and t williams are probably our biggest injury concerns and then we have some other niggles,but i was wondering how serious matai and lyon's injuries are and if they will take the field this weekend,anyone know anything more? ??? ;)

Matai has an injury in his neck that can never be fixed I believe, and is constantly a week by week proposition

I'm sure a number of us have worried how long Steve Matai can go on playing at this level of comp with those sort of chronic unfixable injuries.

Am sure we all greatly admire Steve's skill, courage and attitude but this can't go on indefinitely before something gives and retirement happens one way or another....

Or can he? Whadderya reckon...surely Des must be factoring this in and looking for (or developing) a class centre just in case

He goes down injured every game, I dont know whether he just shies at every ache, it's a ploy to make people think he is injured, or because he is made of marshmellow

Jesus Dan, even I have never accused Stevie Wonder of being a marshmellow.  Kiwi will have your balls for that.  T-Rex is a worry though.  Just what's up with this big guy?  We're now into our fourth month of 09 and I thought he pulled his hammy last year.  Am I alone in thinking these enormous islander guys take a long time to recover?      

Hamstrings can be like that, we had a guy at soccer do his Hammy he was out for most of the season came back and in the last game before finals and the Hammy wasnt 100% and he did it again. They are hard things to rest because you use your legs so often

Every time Matai gets his neck injury he always clutches at his wrist/arm.  Didn't they say he had pins and needles?  That's worrying, not just for footy but for life.

Wolfman and his shoulder could become problematic also, since he did it in the WCC and then on his return game.  I hope next time he comes back the shoulder stays up. 

Orford still has groin/thigh/leg problems also.

Lyon...who knows

eggson link said:
Every time Matai gets his neck injury he always clutches at his wrist/arm.  Didn't they say he had pins and needles?  That's worrying, not just for footy but for life.

Wolfman and his shoulder could become problematic also, since he did it in the WCC and then on his return game.  I hope next time he comes back the shoulder stays up. 

Orford still has groin/thigh/leg problems also.

Lyon...who knows

Wolfman was deemed injury prone at Parra as well

Are we getting told the truth regarding T-Rex and his injury?Funny the talk about him maybe being fit enough to go on wcc tour and now still no sign of him.Is it just me or does someone else smell a rat :-X

I pay for insider info from the official website, and either the person posting the injury news has no idea, or they are feeding all the members **** sandwiches.

Maybe T-Rex's leg has in fact fallen off, and they are waiting for regeneration surgery to be invented and modeled.

Nah, seriously though - Matai and Lyon are good to go I hear. I hope Matai is all clear, because the last we thing we need is a player coming off at the 20 odd minute mark that should be a full gamer.

Good to hear that Lyon is OK.  We'll need his defensive smarts.  If Matai makes it onto the paddock he'd better stay in the line or Benjii will jig past him.  Always a worry. 

1 Brett Stewart
2 Michael Robertson
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 Michael Bani
6 Chris Bailey
7 Matt Orford
8 Brent Kite
9 Matt Ballin
10 Josh Perry
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Glenn Hall