1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our gutsiest win, ever?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by simon_eagle, Sep 27, 2013.

1. simon_eagle

simon_eagle Well-Known Member

East Sydney
    Ratings:
    +315 / 7
    I wasn't around in '78 when we won 4 on the trot to win the Premiership, but tonight was the gutsiest win - in a big match - that I have ever witnessed.

That second half was faultless. Our halves are going to be greats, assuming of course they are not there already. Snake is a gun, Killer the best centre the game has ever seen. Our forwards don't know how to give up.

Class, all class. I am so damn proud of this rugby league Club.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 24
    Oops i guess everyone was wrong about Souths eh? Glory glory to ... ahh whatever

• Like Like x 1
  3. EagleNEST

EagleNEST Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I would say yes, although Souths were pathetic in that second stanza. Pathetic.

Bring on the Rorters next Sunday baby!

4. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    has to be up there!!

5. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 24
    Without a doubt in the top 3 gutsiest wins. Virtually no one gave us a chance, except us supporters who knew how good our players really are. Never been prouder

6. simon_eagle

simon_eagle Well-Known Member

East Sydney
    Ratings:
    +315 / 7
    To be fair, Rabs tipped us prior to kick-off.

7. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    I rate it even and level with with the 73 GF.

I rate it with the comeback in '78 against Parra in the Semi when Price kicked Eadie in the face. :mad:

I rate it with the '08 GF 40-0. :exclamation:

8. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Up against the most-vaunted pack in recent memory, our forwards set up the win by giving the backs enough space to do their thing.

How many minutes did Richie last? Unbelievable that we did that without King, Joe, and now Richie.

Massive plaudits to Kite, Lawrence and George. And of course Ballin who is a rock for us in the middle. And Choc. Oh the hell with it, ALL of them!