Our finances are biting us now!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
Guys, easy for us to all say now give him 800k or 1million a year after we won the gf. In May it was said we were 500k down in 2011 and going to the League for monthly handouts!! Easy for us to say give another 200-250k back in June when it ain't our money. The club is bleeding dough. Where would we be without the 500k gf windfall???

We are getting the "benefits" of a small Leagues club and a ground that is ancient and lacks facilities to bring in corporate money. While we keep playing at Brookie in its current state this is going to happen more and we will go backwards!
I don't blame Penn not going "nuts" with HIS money! We were on target to lose a million plus!!! Who pays that?

I agree. I can't believe that there are some comparing us to the Broncos when Bennett left

We forget Penn isn't a bank, he's a business owner!! People have said well we will lose money if Des leaves but we still lost while being the number 1 team in the land!! It is the lack of sponsors and gate revenues that is killing us (and many others)

They did at least raise the funds to put in a good bid for Des but Dogs got 6 million off their Leagues club and that is a killer for teams like us. People forget a few years ago we couldn't even get to the salary cap. We are punching miles above weight and who can blame Des trying to play us off for a million a year!!

I don't know all the numbers etc, but it is probably a bit simplistic to be blaming all the losses on playing out of Brookvale

I don't know what the figures are like now, but only around 5 years ago Brisbane and 1 other side, can't remember who, were the only clubs not running at a loss

Look at the Titans, brand spanking new top line stadium and have been in huge issues in regards to money

Just another thing for you Darren that should make you a bit happier, Scott Penn announced at brookvale last sunday night that as of next season we will be spending our full salary cap at Under 20s level to lift the level that side has been performing at

Darren said:
We are getting the "benefits" of a small Leagues club and a ground that is ancient and lacks facilities to bring in corporate money.

mmmmm, what are you hinting at there? Wouldn't be a move to the Central Coast by any chance? Mr Penn and Mr Perry sorely need to come oout with unequivocal staements regarding that topic.

and Dessie needs to stay and win another premiership.....

Don't pay overs for anyone, coach or players. Penn's got it right, develop juniors.... pathway to success and having discussions with Abbott. Horrible as it must be, Abbott has the key to unlock the money to redevelop Brookvale which is another key to our long term survival..

Kiwi Eagle said:
I don't know all the numbers etc, but it is probably a bit simplistic to be blaming all the losses on playing out of Brookvale

I don't know what the figures are like now, but only around 5 years ago Brisbane and 1 other side, can't remember who, were the only clubs not running at a loss

Look at the Titans, brand spanking new top line stadium and have been in huge issues in regards to money

Just another thing for you Darren that should make you a bit happier, Scott Penn announced at brookvale last sunday night that as of next season we will be spending our full salary cap at Under 20s level to lift the level that side has been performing at

I think I read recently that 13 or 14 clubs ran at a loss this year. Obviously none of the others won the premiership, but still, it's not a profit making enterprise running a Rugby League club.

Penn has constantly stated we ain't leaving Brookie and he can't I think by the by laws. We can take games away etc but not permanent move. Abbott is definitely the key!! Remember when he turned up for photos promising the world, well mate, you are at the top now so start helping the team and community.

I don't ever want us going to CC etc. That would be it for travel as Gong too far!! If, and a big if, funding won't ever happen then I believe we need to secure our future with the guaranteed funding eg SFS or ANZ. Look at the club and the Dogs, we won the comp and they are ripping us apart.

As said on here, most teams run at aloss but we need to get close to even. We get no grants and little corporate, Penn is doing a pretty good job on these financial parameters.

Thanks Kiwi, didn't hear that!! Gee, 20's was pretty bad this year. Hopefully, much better next year. My wife's friends's son is in the squad so find out soon if he makes final cut.

Anyone buying into an NRL team knows that you are not there to make money and more than liklely will lose money.

If Penn and Quantum bought 80% of the club then they knew what they were getting into and have to accept the responsibility to stump up extra cash when required.

With a big rise in the NRL club grants in 2013 because of the new TV deal most clubs should be able to make a profit as long as the salary cap doesn't go crazy.

The NRL needs to be held accountable to an extent. Too much pressure is put on clubs to be financially viable to the point where the biz side is taking precedence over the actual game of footy. The next TV deal had better be a good one for gallops sake.

I am in newcastle so a move to the cc suits me, but it doesn't suit the club. The home is at brookvale it should remain.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6