Our Finals Hopes...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After mucking around with the ladder predictor 28 points will be the target to make the 8. We will need to win 4 of our last 5. We must beat either the Rabbits or the Roosters to make the 8 aswell as beating the Raiders, Sharks and Eels. Will be very hard.

Panthers and cowboys were attitude problems and they were at fortress brookie. The question is why? Will they put in another performance like that again?

One game at a time, its an old cliche I know but the team is driven at the moment by a number of things, so let it roll on and we will see. All I know is the Manly spirit is strong and again has overcome serious adversity.

How good to see the old Manly back. First time in 12 months I've felt like my team is honoring this great clubs culture.
I thought the AAMI win was just as impressive. Never won there before, and we did it with key players out like Killer.

Keep the magic coming Manly :inlove:

After mucking around with the ladder predictor 28 points will be the target to make the 8. We will need to win 4 of our last 5. We must beat either the Rabbits or the Roosters to make the 8 aswell as beating the Raiders, Sharks and Eels. Will be very hard.

As well the raiders and dragons have very easy draws compared to us going to very hard to win 4/5 but funnier things have happened!!

Still think we have a decent shot at making the 8 but is going to be a very fun 5 weeks ahead

Manly haven't made a August "finals charge" to get into the finals since who knows when or if ever as we've always been inside the top 6 or higher. So how Telegraph writes this below is bizarre. Plus Easter is in March too sometimes i think.

HERE come the Sea Eagles. Yet again.
DEAN RITCHIE
You know it is April because Easter arrives. You know it is December because of Christmas. And you know it’s August because Manly make their annual semi-final charge.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-in-their-sights/story-fni3gnk1-1227466824947

Forget making the finals. I got shouted down for suggesting we could still make it back in round 12-13 but I've all but given up hope now.

Dragons win basically rules out the top 8. Need two of dragons, Bulldogs and warriors to lose three and Raiders to lose two.

Raiders play all bottom 6 sides,
Dragons play all bottom 8 teams except brisbane.
Bulldogs 3 games against bottom 8 sides
Warriors two games against bottom 8 sides.

Basically even if we win 4/5 it would take some pretty bad form from the Dragons or Bulldogs for us to make it.

Warriors play both dragons and bulldogs, so 2 of those three teams are guaranteed at least one win, which means we need the teams that win those games to lose 3/4.

Only chance Manly have is to win 5/5 in my opinion.

Forget making the finals. I got shouted down for suggesting we could still make it back in round 12-13 but I've all but given up hope now.

Dragons win basically rules out the top 8. Need two of dragons, Bulldogs and warriors to lose three and Raiders to lose two.

Raiders play all bottom 6 sides,
Dragons play all bottom 8 teams except brisbane.
Bulldogs 3 games against bottom 8 sides
Warriors two games against bottom 8 sides.

Basically even if we win 4/5 it would take some pretty bad form from the Dragons or Bulldogs for us to make it.

Warriors play both dragons and bulldogs, so 2 of those three teams are guaranteed at least one win, which means we need the teams that win those games to lose 3/4.

Only chance Manly have is to win 5/5 in my opinion.
We're even money then.

After watching the Rabbits play today i think we can beat them. If we come out and play like we did on Sat night we win. Simple :)

Last edited:
But the bunnies always lift against us, and dominate with their massive enthusiastic forwards and the natural bias allowed them by the referees. iluke will chicken wing someone and nothing will be done about it.

We best play expansive footy and go around them.
If we can get an early lead . . etc . ..

We keep turning up like last night, playing with real pride but most of all ENJOYING football, we will give this a massive shake.

Watching this game again the main thing that struck me was how much the team looked like a bunch of talented footballers who enjoy playing together. It was evident against the Warriors as well. For most of this season we've looked like a bunch of talented footballers who'd never met each other, and cold did not like each other!

Sadly enough it's taken the sacking of Tooves to bring the boys together.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4