Our Finals Hopes...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I dont see us beating souths, they just seem to be our boggie side of late. Their forwards are just too big and isac kills us. Roosters will have too good defence imo, we have a chance against the rest, but winning 5 or 6 would be a pretty amazing effort. I dont think we have won our last 6 to finish the year during the past 10 years when we have been a power house?

If we miss the spoon then all in all it will be a season I will consign to the not to revisit file.
If we slump to the wood then I will be filthy as.... With who.... With everyone... Club, Board, Players & Coach..

We will win 3 from 6 and I will be happy enough with that, its been a brutal horrible season, and I will be glad when it is over so we can start looking forward to next year and new beginnings

Love your enthusiasm and pray that you're right. However our run home is:

Broncos @ home (Gosford)
Souths @ home
Raiders away
Eels @ home
Roosters @ home
Sharks away

That's a tough run and I just can't see us winning 5-6 of them. The only game I can confidently put a tick next to is the Eels. I hope I'm wrong.

I reckon we'll do the Broncos and Bunnies and maybe the Sharks!

We will win 3 from 6 and I will be happy enough with that, its been a brutal horrible season, and I will be glad when it is over so we can start looking forward to next year and new beginnings
But think of the forum @Dan think of the forum! :)

If we only win one more game I hope it the Roosters at Brookie. Tooves deserves to win his final match at his beloved Brookie.

If we don't get 15,000 plus for this game then I will be really disappointed as 2V's deserve nothing less than of a crowd to send him off:)

As much as I hope we do make the 8 so as to make the farken c...t Penns/Zorba face further criticism of their vendetta-based undermining/removal of a club great, I'm afraid it's as much chance of happening as Zorba winning the Biggest Loser.

Of our final 6 games this season.....3 are against finals certainties including the current ladder leaders and the reigning premiers over the next two weeks. 2 are against teams still with a chance of playing finals....and the other is against Parra-doesn't-matta.

As much as we'd all love to see us win all 6, I think we're probably a better chance of going 3-3 than we are of winning all 6 or even going 5-1.

Either way there is no way we're going to get the wooden spoon. The Tigers, Knights and Tits are not going to suddenly turn their form around before the season is over.

If we don't get 15,000 plus for this game then I will be really disappointed as 2V's deserve nothing less than of a crowd to send him off:)

For Tooves' sake I hope there's more there than the 8,000 that bothered to turn up for his final match at Brookie in 2001. Despite it being a Northern Eagles game I assume that his staunch supporters on these boards went out of their way to show him some respect and appreciation on that day?

For Tooves' sake I hope there's more there than the 8,000 that bothered to turn up for his final match at Brookie in 2001. Despite it being a Northern Eagles game I assume that his staunch supporters on these boards went out of their way to show him some respect and appreciation on that day?
I would have, except I was in Cairns at the time - work-related.

One interesting point: I believe we have beaten every team we face from here on more times than they have beaten Manly. In some instances, dramatically so. Against Parramatta and the Roosters, it's essentially a 2 to 1 'kill ratio' in favour of Manly. Against Cronulla, even more dramatic. We've beaten Souths about 10 more times than they've beaten Manly. Against Canberra, a very healthy head to head ratio also, with the added impetus that the team will want revenge after that woeful performance in Albury (think of the two meetings with Wests' Tigers last year - same goes for the Round 1 2015 game vs Parramatta). Only Brisbane are on near equal terms. Even after the defeat earlier this season, I think Manly are still just in front on the head to head tally with the Broncos.

Suffice to say, I'm a firm believer in teams having the 'wood' on others. And Manly has the 'wood' on virtually every other team.

I think we might surprise a team or two before years end but ain't no way in living hell we will win 6 games.

Eels yes, an upset on one of the two Brookvale games, that's all I can see, finishing on 22 probably in about 11th /12th/13th

I wish you had said 24 points as you have stuffed up your predictions previoulsy this year by 2 wins. You predicted 1 and from 10 and questioned me when I said 3 from 10. Seriously only 2 more wins this year?

I think we will be 1 win shy of the 8 in the end and 9th 10.

I wish you had said 24 points as you have stuffed up your predictions previoulsy this year by 2 wins. You predicted 1 and from 10 and questioned me when I said 3 from 10. Seriously only 2 more wins this year?

I think we will be 1 win shy of the 8 in the end and 9th 10.

Mate sincerely hope you are right and I'm wrong!!

BTW, I'm a **** tipper so my tips need to be taken with a giant grain of salt.

Just did the ladder predictor thing on NRL.com

Had us down for losses v Brisbane and Souths but winning the rest, and the outcome of that had us, Raiders and Dragons all on 26 points looking for 8th spot, we would need some big wins to jump them though

Maybe over rated the Sharks a bit though because had them coming in 5th above the Storm and tied with Souths

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8