Our draw is a farce!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Five-day turnarounds in 2016 NRL draw:-

Manly: 4, Sydney Roosters: 4, Wests Tigers 4, Newcastle: 3, Canterbury: 2, Canberra: 2, Melbourne: 2, Penrith: 2, St George Illawarra: 2, South Sydney: 2, Brisbane: 1, Cronulla: 1, North Queensland: 1, Parramatta: 1, Gold Coast: 0, Warriors: 0.

Facing teams coming off a five-day turnaround in 2016:-

South Sydney: 4, Sydney Roosters: 4, Brisbane: 3, Melbourne: 3, North Queensland: 3, Manly: 2, Newcastle: 2, Parramatta: 2, Wests Tigers: 2, Canterbury: 2, Canberra: 1, Cronulla: 1, Gold Coast: 1, Warriors: 1, Penrith: 0, St George Illawarra: 0

Pretty clear that some teams are given an advantage in the draw.....! Manly are obviously NOT one of these teams. This IMO is actually very serious and needs far more attention than what it is getting. The NRL need to be investigated.....!

The AFL has no five-day turnarounds in its schedule this year.
Interesting stats....at least we're not the only ones....Politis must have lost some of his clout?. How is it that two Sydney based teams (Parra, sharks) have only one five day turn
around each, I would've thought if Gc, Warriors got none, the Cows deserved none as well. Happy to see Melbourne get two though!

The issue is back to back 5 day turarounds.:cool:

Manly play 6 games in 31 days:!!:
14, 21, 26, 31 March
9, 14 April

Where are the NRL Doctors? Soft tissue trauma of contact sport, only recover with actual rest @:cool:

Going to NZ means two lost rehab days as the Players sit around dreaming of the promised Qantas Club entry :banghead:

Chicken schnitzel! It's ham n cheese toasties in the QANTAS lounge and normally a fancy hotdog event in the business one (in Melbourne at least)

Ham and cheese toasties are only a recent , but welcome , addition. If flying at breakfast they can also have pancakes, and we know how pancakes can help with 5 day turnarounds don't we!

Five-day turnarounds in 2016 NRL draw:-

Manly: 4, Sydney Roosters: 4, Wests Tigers 4, Newcastle: 3, Canterbury: 2, Canberra: 2, Melbourne: 2, Penrith: 2, St George Illawarra: 2, South Sydney: 2, Brisbane: 1, Cronulla: 1, North Queensland: 1, Parramatta: 1, Gold Coast: 0, Warriors: 0.

Facing teams coming off a five-day turnaround in 2016:-

South Sydney: 4, Sydney Roosters: 4, Brisbane: 3, Melbourne: 3, North Queensland: 3, Manly: 2, Newcastle: 2, Parramatta: 2, Wests Tigers: 2, Canterbury: 2, Canberra: 1, Cronulla: 1, Gold Coast: 1, Warriors: 1, Penrith: 0, St George Illawarra: 0

Pretty clear that some teams are given an advantage in the draw.....! Manly are obviously NOT one of these teams. This IMO is actually very serious and needs far more attention than what it is getting. The NRL need to be investigated.....!

The AFL has no five-day turnarounds in its schedule this year.
How many have two in a row like we have right now?
That really is the most brutal of all and one that the RPLA should have protested vigorously.

Whilst I'm no doubt embedded in the tin foil hat brigade I think the draw isn't done to advantage or disadvantage certain sides.

Everything today is about TV, they pay the $$$ and determine the draw.

Nein will pick the Donks every Friday night until the cows come home ( well in fact they did last year), and Fox will always give the Cows a Saturday night game as that rates hugely in QLD for them.

We know in Sydney the Nein favourites so they will get Thursday nights / Friday nights / Sunday arvo.

We also know Fox LOVES MNF, and they nearly always pick Manly for that.

I'm sure if an independent body chose the games it would be much fairer, but until that happens we are screwed!!

We had luck with the draw last night. If we were drawn to play any other side last night other than the bottom placed team missing their three best players, we'd have lost by 20+.

We had luck with the draw last night. If we were drawn to play any other side last night other than the bottom placed team missing their three best players, we'd have lost by 20+.
We may have got a win against newy but it would have been close.
Things can only get better.

The NRL has promised that won't happen next year.

So expect it to keep on happening. But only to Manly. @:rolleyes:
Has channel 9 agreed to this? As it won't happen if they get there way as they want the more popular clubs (Brisbane, parra, rorters) to play Friday and Sunday.

I feel extremely confident I could devise a draw with not one 5 day turnaround.

How hard could it be ?

I've done a high school timetable so don't think this would be much if a stretch.

Last edited:
And to boot, due to a referee error in our favour, we didn't lose to these muppets by four points!!

The draw is never fair. All teams have a complaint.

I know the dragons play 3 qld games away in a row. Next week Cowboys on a Saturday. Then Brisbane on the Thursday. Then the Titans.

Might as well set up a base in Brisbane.

Whilst I don't believe Manly are the only club to be dudded via the draw, it seems obvious to me that nothing too much will change whilst tv is 'unofficially' in charge of the draw.

Additionally I think the rlpa will remain a relatively toothless tiger whilst the players aren't unionised (is that the right word). The north american sports have all their players in their unions...and they don't put up with crap from anyone. Though the money in these sports are huuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

I think I set the record for using the word "whilst" legitimately in one post.

Whilst I'm happy with that, I'll try to do better.

I've gone off cricket in recent years because it is always on. Too many formats and a never ending season of tours.
It is now necessary to rotate and rest players, so we don't see the best of the best against one another very often. The test team is different to the one day team which is different to the 20:20 team. It is a big yawn these days, and I was a rusted on fan and player.

I think league is at saturation point with thursday to Monday games. Give us fans a weekend to look forward to, it is too hard to get to games on week nights. Coaches are struggling to get players to train, and I bet rotation of players is already happening. Don't bugger league too.

How hard would it be to swap the Friday Titans Broncos match with the thurs Manly Souths match?

Brookie or gold coast grounds would have no prior bookings!

Its such an unfair draw. We play 3 games in 10 days? How is that even possible? We asked for more sunday games and wr got 1 game all year!!

Plus teams like Brisbane play friday night almost every second week. You can see how much it disadvantages a team with a 5 day turn around. Best we can hope for is to win 50% of those games and have a bit of luck with injuries

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4