Our defence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Downie

Reserve Grader
Is anyone else extremely impressed by our defence? We kept the Roosters, who have scored more points in the second half than us this year, to only two points in that second half. Also the amount of big hits our defence (Menzies, Watmough, Bryant in particular, but today Kite and Cuthbertson had some great ones too) continues to come up with? Surely we must be considered quite 'menacing' by other teams. All we have to do is work on some laziness around the ruck, the structure of our attack close to the line and the silly errors and penalties and we're looking quite good this year.

Mate, and this is from memory.....we have kept every team to only one try or less in the second 1/2 all this year...INCLUDING Nth Qld in Nth Qld.

So yes, a much improved effort. Finally we are exorcising some demons.

Got that game back from the flogging The Sharks gave us last year, beating The Roosters for the 1st time at Brookie in 6 year.

Better Dessy, better...

Like I said - from memory.

Wasn't it like 20-6 or something at 1/2 time?

It ended up being something like 27-14?

Just checked- they scored 2 in the first half and 2 in the second. But agreed, our second halves have been awesome so far, especially in defence. Just have to work on that opening 15-20 minutes!

just need to sort out our attack as we still looked very disorganised at times out there tonight.

Our attacking options were again very ordinary and limited tonight. This side knows how to defend and and to defend so well in the second half when the bodies are tiring indicates a degree of mental toughness that has been lacking in recent times.

The trouble was last night with our defence - it would go like this:

Great defence, Great defence, Great defence, Defence lapse for a try

and start all over again.

We are still conceeding too many points, but I think if we can get rid of half the defensive lapses we could be one of the best defensive team in the comp.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4