Our best lineup yet?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bencher
Dylan Walker seemed to pull up ok, bet his hand is a bit tender today, we move him back in the centres with Williame.
Lyon to slot back in 5/8, Parcell into Hooker, and Api on the bench. Miles to replace Starling on the Bench.

Do we keep Api on the bench, or we drop him for a big bopper?

I give API way more credit for our wins the last few weeks. If he didn't have that silly pass or mental explosion for 10 mins a game we wouldn't even be debating who our best 9 is. It will be Interetesting to see who Barrett picks.. But API may have done enough good the last few weeks for a coach to have to pick and stick.

Api definitely deserves a spot in the 17, but I would have a fit Parcell at hooker and Api as the bench utility with Lewis Brown back in NSW Cup. I know Brown has played in all 19 games this year (the only Sea Eagle to do so), but he offers nothing to the side other than being able to cover centre, 2nd row and hooker. He has nothing in attack and next to nothing in defence. Its like he is just the 13th body out there.

All things being equal on Friday night (i.e. Killer, Myles and Parcell available), my team would be:

T. Trbojevic, Taufua, Walker, Wiliame, Wright, Lyon, Cherry-Evans, Lussick, Parcell, Taupau, Green, Buhrer, J. Trbojevic. Res - Koroisau, Vave, Myles, Starling

If Parcell isn't playing then Brown will be on the bench with Api at hooker.

Last edited:
I agree V8, that has to be our strongest side all year. We have been lucky of late with relatively minor niggles that don't get the required time to repair properly. APIs brain explosions could cost us dearly against the good sides, so bench cover is perfect for him. It seems logical to drop Brown, maybe he has the goat picture, so might play.

Api definitely deserves a spot in the 17, but I would have a fit Parcell at hooker and Api as the bench utility with Lewis Brown back in NSW Cup. I know Brown has played in all 19 games this year (the only Sea Eagle to do so), but he offers nothing to the side other than being able to cover centre, 2nd row and hooker. He has nothing in attack and next to nothing in defence. Its like he is just the 13th body out there.

All things being equal on Friday night (i.e. Killer, Myles and Parcell available), my team would be:

T. Trbojevic, Taufua, Walker, Wiliame, Wright, Lyon, Cherry-Evans, Lussick, Parcell, Taupau, Green, Buhrer, J. Trbojevic. Res - Koroisau, Vave, Myles, Starling

Agree mate, that's a pretty strong line up.

The problem will be, does Barrett drop Brown who's played all of our games. It should happen IMO, but for some nagging reason I don't think it'll happen even if Killer, Myles and Parcell are all available.

I'd go with...

T. Trbojevic, Taufua, Walker, Brown, Wiliame, Lyon, Cherry-Evans, Lussick, Parcell, Taupau, Green, Buhrer, J. Trbojevic. Res - AFB, Vave, Myles, Starling

Api is playing great and unlucky to miss out but Brown can move to hooker if need be and Green to centre but I really like the aggression of AFB and want to see him in the side more. Just my two bobs worth anyway.

The problem will be, does Barrett drop Brown who's played all of our games. It should happen IMO, but for some nagging reason I don't think it'll happen even if Killer, Myles and Parcell are all available.
Yeah I get the same feeling unfortunately.

I'd go with...

T. Trbojevic, Taufua, Walker, Brown, Wiliame, Lyon, Cherry-Evans, Lussick, Parcell, Taupau, Green, Buhrer, J. Trbojevic. Res - AFB, Vave, Myles, Starling

Api is playing great and unlucky to miss out but Brown can move to hooker if need be and Green to centre but I really like the aggression of AFB and want to see him in the side more. Just my two bobs worth anyway.

My side also. You pick the best 17 players available, then position them.

I know the majority of the fans on this website loathe Brown, but he is a better player than Wright. (I like M. Wright, all effort) Brown is a backrower yes, but until a better options presents itself, he's in the first 13.

Our other alternative, which doest get our best starting side on the park, but one I disagree with because of Lyon. Is Lyon centre, Williame to wing, with Api to 6 and Brown 14.

We're a better side with Lyon at 6 though.

If we were carrying Myles and Starling on the bench then i don't think there will be enough impact from the bench.

In a near full strength team it should be one or the other and I would go with Myles as his defence is better

Spot on!!!! If I see this team picked, I'm confident we can keep the streak going.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Dylan Walker
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Brayden Wiliame
06. Apisai Koroisou
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Matt Parcell
10. Marty Taupau
11. Nathan Green
12. Jamie Buhrer
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Siosaia Vave
16. Addin Fanua-Blake
17. Nate Myles

Not sold on the notion of Myles on the bench. He is more of a solid grind player and offers little impact.

Only 3 positions are being discussed and I would say most Silvertails would be in 3 different camps.

Being a coach ain't easy.

Dylan Walker seemed to pull up ok, bet his hand is a bit tender today, we move him back in the centres with Williame.
Lyon to slot back in 5/8, Parcell into Hooker, and Api on the bench. Miles to replace Starling on the Bench.

Do we keep Api on the bench, or we drop him for a big bopper?
It's a problem if we have both Brown and Api on the bench - we can only afford one.

1 Tom.T
2 Taufua
3 Walker
4 Brown
5 Wright / Hex (toss a coin)
6 Lyon
7 Dce
8 Lussick
9 Api
10 Myles
11 Kapow
12 Buhrer