1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our best bench

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by manlyfan76, Jun 25, 2012.

1. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,351 / 111
    On sunday we had Big Joe, buhrer, lussick, and Rose. Not a bad bench, when all fit G Stewart will push Harro out of the starting side no doubt. 2V will keep JB on the bench for versatility and Big Joe will stay as he is our best prop reserve IMO. Rose form warrants his selection so who is the last bench spot? Choc, Trex, Gift, and Balin all play 80 and we have 4 props in the 17. Does Darcey or Harro stay or someone else come in? It's Harrison for me.

2. eagleE

eagleE Active Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0
    Lussick to go. Harrison will probably get the starting spot next year. I think Roinson is a better player than Rose though. But Tooves is the coach, not me.

3. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
  4. bennyeagle

bennyeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +267 / 8
    Forwards:

King
    Ballin
    Kite
    Watmough
    Williams
    Stewart

Buhrer
    Galavou
    Rose
    Lussick

Unfortunately Harrison misses out, his time will come next year !

5. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    If it's line-ball between Lussick and Harrison/Mauro, do you reward the Eels-bound boy?

6. Vyssini

Vyssini Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +464 / 1
    No, you don't. Although I am not of the opinion that players who have signed elsewhere should not be picked (sorry Ryan), in an instance where you have two players of relatively equal standing, it would make sense to promote the player that will be with you in coming seasons. If nothing else it also sends a subtle message to any players considering leaving.

As for what is our best bench, wouldn't this be partially dictated by the opposition- if you need size and grunt, it may be that Harrison (who is having a breakthrough season imo) misses out. If you play "smaller", Lussick or Mauro may be the ones to miss out.

7. SeaEagle007

SeaEagle007 Well-Known Member

Eagle Vale, Campbelltown
    Ratings:
    +247 / 14
    To win a premiership you use whatever you have to your advantage. Not playing someone becasue they are leaving the club is ridiculous, Every player wants to win a premiership to say that TREX and Lussick wouldnt give 100% to obtain another premiership ring is ridiculous.

I say whoever is best at the time gets the spot.

8. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    Lussick isn't better than Harrison. Maybe equal but not better.

9. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,351 / 111
    I probably agree with you BD. I just think Harrison goes un-noticed because he makes few errors and misses few if any tackles so Harrison for me and Lussick if we meet the storm.