Our 9, 6 and 1 - new spine struggles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't think it's rocket science why we're struggling. We have 2 new hookers at the club, 1 who is a rookie. We have a new five-eighth at the club, who has never played 1st grade in that position. And we have a young fullback playing his first year as fullback. You have this at ANY club and I promise you that team will struggle. The reality is that we will probably need the best part of 2 months for this combination to work, particularly if Snake is out long-term. Our expectations were probably too high. We're particularly missing Ballin and Foran's defence on the line.

agreed but i think we should stick with it. This is why Cherry must step up and why we need Snake back. Walker and Parcell/Koroisau should be given time. I thing parcell should start this weekend, i just love his eagerness in defence and attack and we were clearly better with him on vs the tigers.

I don't think it's rocket science why we're struggling. We have 2 new hookers at the club, 1 who is a rookie. We have a new five-eighth at the club, who has never played 1st grade in that position. And we have a young fullback playing his first year as fullback. You have this at ANY club and I promise you that team will struggle. The reality is that we will probably need the best part of 2 months for this combination to work, particularly if Snake is out long-term. Our expectations were probably too high. We're particularly missing Ballin and Foran's defence on the line.
Do you think that Foran will return to Manly?

I say we ditch it while we can. It's obvious walker isn't going to work at 5/8. He gets in the way of DCE leading the team around. A would go with

1.Stewart
6.Lyon
7.DCE
9.Parcell

A good balance of experience, youth and speed and everyone of those players has kicking game and a great passing game. Long term obviously Lyon is going to be on his bike to England or the retirement home. So we replace him with Keary and we can't get him then Sam Williams and if not him then we go with a young gun like Hynes,Wright or Cade cust if he plays well in Holden cup.

Long term spine

1.Trbojevic
6.Keary
7.DCE
9.Parcell

It won't be hard adjusting to Keary as he is already a 5/8 and would fit well in our team. But I also think the club really needs one more bug prop. Lawrence needed a partner last night who do the exact same as him. Overall I think baz will stick with walker until round 7 when we are 0-7 and will finally move Lyon to 5/8 and see instant success with walker and Lyon both back to there good footy "fingers crossed" I just hope Lyon can put the team before his own preference.

I say we ditch it while we can. It's obvious walker isn't going to work at 5/8. He gets in the way of DCE leading the team around. A would go with

1.Stewart
6.Lyon
7.DCE
9.Parcell

A good balance of experience, youth and speed and everyone of those players has kicking game and a great passing game. Long term obviously Lyon is going to be on his bike to England or the retirement home. So we replace him with Keary and we can't get him then Sam Williams and if not him then we go with a young gun like Hynes,Wright or Cade cust if he plays well in Holden cup.

Long term spine

1.Trbojevic
6.Keary
7.DCE
9.Parcell

It won't be hard adjusting to Keary as he is already a 5/8 and would fit well in our team. But I also think the club really needs one more bug prop. Lawrence needed a partner last night who do the exact same as him. Overall I think baz will stick with walker until round 7 when we are 0-7 and will finally move Lyon to 5/8 and see instant success with walker and Lyon both back to there good footy "fingers crossed" I just hope Lyon can put the team before his own preference.
Long Term Spine
1. Trbojevic
6. Wright
7. DCE
9. Parcell

Long Term Spine
1. Trbojevic
6. Wright
7. DCE
9. Parcell
I wouldnt be so quick to play wright there, he hasn't even play Holden cup yet. When is wright back anyways I'm keen to see him play and will be good because he will probably be in the halves with Hynes who is also looking at that 2017 vacant 6 jersey

This is why I still believe that for the good of the team, at the very least until Snake is back in the side....Killer NEEDS to be our 5/8.

Nothing against Walker there, but with a rookie fullback, a rookie hooker and a halfback who is out of form, to expect someone still learning the position to step up is a bit much. Especially someone who is new to the team.

Killer on the other hand is showing his age at centre (hell, he was showing it last year) and the move infield would allow Walker to be where he is more comfortable. With his experience it would also take pressure from DCE.

This is why I still believe that for the good of the team, at the very least until Snake is back in the side....Killer NEEDS to be our 5/8.

Nothing against Walker there, but with a rookie fullback, a rookie hooker and a halfback who is out of form, to expect someone still learning the position to step up is a bit much. Especially someone who is new to the team.

Killer on the other hand is showing his age at centre (hell, he was showing it last year) and the move infield would allow Walker to be where he is more comfortable. With his experience it would also take pressure from DCE.
I'd not been a fan of Jamie at 5/8 before, but after seeing how much speed he's lost, and the fact that Walker is a dead set centre, stands to reason to swap them around. There going to have to take a punt on one of those young blokes to replace Williame. Sadly it ain't happening for him in first grade.

I'm surprised at a few things with the named side to play Cronulla, even allowing for the fact that its 6 days away and things may change.

* I'm surprised that TB couldn't see that Killer has lost all confidence in having Wiliame outside of him. He just doesn't trust the bloke to do the job in attack or defence.

* I'm surprised that after giving Parcell 50 minutes last night and that he (along with BJ) were the catalyst for our revival, that he has again named him on the bench with Api in the #9.

* I'm VERY surprised to see Green named. And mildly surprised to see Vave named.

* I'm not surprised to see Barrett name Myles in the starting side. As a rookie coach it would be a brave man to demote a current Origin rep to the bench. But it doesn't disguise the fact that BJ should be in the front row and Myles starting from the bench.

I'm surprised at a few things with the named side to play Cronulla, even allowing for the fact that its 6 days away and things may change.

* I'm surprised that TB couldn't see that Killer has lost all confidence in having Wiliame outside of him. He just doesn't trust the bloke to do the job in attack or defence.

* I'm surprised that after giving Parcell 50 minutes last night and that he (along with BJ) were the catalyst for our revival, that he has again named him on the bench with Api in the #9.

* I'm VERY surprised to see Green named. And mildly surprised to see Vave named.

* I'm not surprised to see Barrett name Myles in the starting side. As a rookie coach it would be a brave man to demote a current Origin rep to the bench. But it doesn't disguise the fact that BJ should be in the front row and Myles starting from the bench.
He's obviusly got a big boner for api, loves him no he needs to realise he cost a lot of opportunities with 2 errors inside 10 meters of the Tigers try line plus his line speed is very poor.

Agree.
"There are none so blind as those who will not see"

The first choice replacement 5/8 would most likely be John when he is healthy, but that would take a centre getting injured and pushing Walker into their spot with John coming in. John is quite handy.

I'd eventually like to see what Buck Lavaka or Goodall can do on a wing. They are big boys and I like big wingers. Especially if they can catch and tackle. Satini I think is purely a centre replacement failing the aforementioned shuffle whereby John comes in.

But he has the Zika virus so he's out indefinitely...

Api needs to go back to NSW Cup to find some form. We don't need two hookers against Cronulla's big pack anyway. I would give Walker half a dozen games at 5/8 before switching him with Killer if he doesn't find form. I agree Killer needs a new winger because he has no confidence in Will-I-Am.

Massive issues with the spine, affecting the backline to, like wiliame outside Lyon. I think the team will perform a lot better when Stewart is back, and a speedster like trbojevic plays outside Lyon. But there is still a ton of pressure on DCE given the rookies at 9 and 6. My spine for next week would be 1 turbo 6 Lyon 7 DCE 9 Parcell

Yes. He'll return in Round 7.
Then he'll promptly leave again.

Forget this guy. He had every opportunity to stay and he chose the dark side.
No Im with you. I was actually relieved when he left as I saw him a good but not great player. More importantly, he caused a lot of political problems, and has a chronic injury too. I just fear that with Fulton at the club, it could be that he is back as soon as next year. The eels miss the finals, which I believe they will, arthur the juvenile could see himself sacked. Fulton could use the Foran contract clause regarding arthur, and make an error in bringing him back.

No Im with you. I was actually relieved when he left as I saw him a good but not great player. More importantly, he caused a lot of political problems, and has a chronic injury too. I just fear that with Fulton at the club, it could be that he is back as soon as next year. The eels miss the finals, which I believe they will, arthur the juvenile could see himself sacked. Fulton could use the Foran contract clause regarding arthur, and make an error in bringing him back.
I fear Arthur getting sacked, eels getting a good coach and a new board, Stadium and actually making the eight. Because I love laughing at the eels.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6