Our 2 Home "away" games for 2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cf2 is back

Reserve Grader
Our 2 Home "away" games for 2011

Dan (or anyone else) what's the story for 2011 with our 2 home games on the road?

In the last couple of years we've played 2 games at Gosford - last year Tigers was a cracker - and we've usually always played the Newc home game up there.

But this year Newc is at Brookie (first home game rd 3) - and there appears to be only one game at Gosford with the other Home "away" game being at Suncorp v Broncos (a real pity to not see Bris at Brookie but obv a huge earner).

What's the scoop here with the change from 2 Gosford games? Is that a sign that there's little pt continuing 2 games up there if they're going to get a CC team?

Re: Our 2 Home "away" games for 2011

You're probably reading too much into it.
Brisbane was a good opportunity which they ran with, Newcastle at Brookie is because of the draw. We'd have no home game until round 5 if we took that one up to Blacktown by the sea.

Mayer locked us into 2 games at gosford but that has now finished hence we can play all 12 at brookie if we want now.

I must admit (considering what has already been said) to being surprised they didn't move a game to New Zealand as well, ie instead of Gosford.......I "think" they were fishing for a guaranteed up front payment (such as they got from Suncorp and will no doubt get from Bluetongue) and it didn't eventuate. These two games they move now are all about money and whilst there are many here that would love 14 games at Brookvale think of the sides who have taken ALL their games away from their home ground for money (Bulldogs at ANZ a good example). For my point of view two games a year, to enable the rest to be played at home isn't a bad deal.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
... For my point of view two games a year, to enable the rest to be played at home isn't a bad deal.

too true. Not a problem if it helps to keep the rest at Brookie.

Weren't we looking at some stage recently of taking a game to Singapore or Mongolia?

Shane link said:
I think it was Abu Dhabi against the bulldogs
PNG Port Moresby was on the cards.

Think Graham had a fishing holiday over there didn't he.

Jerry1 link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=186437.msg315689#msg315689 date=1297661611]
I think it was Abu Dhabi against the bulldogs
PNG Port Moresby was on the cards.

Think Graham had a fishing holiday over there didn't he.

[/quote]

Need to leave PNG alone the **** fight that the Broncos sponsorship is causing will probably cause more problems then anything.

I really think if we must move a game move it to ChCh. The Roosters got 21,000 there last year and it was pissing down

ayjay007 link said:
I'm thinking one game in Las Vegas,and the other in either Miami or NYC.
The Greek islands would be nice or maybe Seychelles.

Off ya go Graham.

The reason we take 2 games away from Brookie is that the ownership agreement requires any further games (More then 2) to be approved by the Football Club, this is obviously not likely. Playing games at other venues in much more profitable for the club.

The reason we have played at Gosford is that we had some deal with Bluetongue to play 2 game per year there which dated back a number of years, we are now free of that deal so the club can take the games where-ever is most viable. This year one of those games went to Suncorp, and in the future I would guess we will see games in NZ, in PNG, perhaps in central QLD, the SCG or where-ever.

As far as I know Mayer signed the deal with BT for 2 games a year and that expired in 2010. The club is now free to move 2 a year anywhere they can make money. I know for a fact that the FC Board will NOT allow any more than this to be moved away....so at least 12 home games are entrenched in the consitution (or whatever it is). However I'd expect some interesting moves in 2012, NZ is a strong possibility (Jade Stadium Christchurch would be my pick) ad posisbly Perth....BUT these are just my ideas no inside knowledge

Mark id personally try for Double headers at Suncorp or SFS/Stadium Australia as atleast 1 game a year

The other can be a wildcard,North harbour NZ or anyone who offers us enough dosh and has a big stadium to pack,WA still seems like a pipedream to me at this time as does Adelaide,we should get on the good side of the AFL and do a AFL/NRL Double header,both sets of lines painted and footy posts installed after the AFL,or before it,easily removeable at the MCG against Melbourne,perhaps with Melbournes friendly AFL club who they shared training grounds with in cahoots ,however the likelyhood of such a double header is more of a pipedream than WA or PNG as both the AFL and NRL believe they have to compete with eachother,which is a ridiculous idea as it is we are big enough to have 2 major winter sports

Mark from Brisbane link said:
As far as I know Mayer signed the deal with BT for 2 games a year and that expired in 2010. The club is now free to move 2 a year anywhere they can make money. I know for a fact that the FC Board will NOT allow any more than this to be moved away....so at least 12 home games are entrenched in the consitution (or whatever it is). However I'd expect some interesting moves in 2012, NZ is a strong possibility (Jade Stadium Christchurch would be my pick) ad posisbly Perth....BUT these are just my ideas no inside knowledge
Bit of a Drive from Collaroy though.

:)

As long as we are without a major spon which ever brings the most $

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8