Other clubs signing for 2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Thought I may as well start a new topic for signing news around the NRL

To start the ball rolling, the Warriors have just officially announced Mateo and Inu for next season, and Steve Rapira is heading back to Auckland from the Cowboys

Interesting signings, both of the Eels boys can be superstars, but can be very ordinary as well. Have heard they have shelled out 400k for Mateo

Travis Burns and Kevin Kingston re-signed until 2013

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/de...ngston-re-sign

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barba a Dog until 2012

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...018866,00.html

Josh McCrone re-signs with the Raiders for two years.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...t/1823836.aspx

Rabbitohs Re-sign Five Players
07 May 2010

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have extended the contracts of five players today.

The Rabbitohs have re-signed front-rower Scott Geddes and back-rower Shannan McPherson for a further two years, and have extended the contracts of Shaune Corrigan and Chris McQueen for a further season as well.

The Rabbitohs have also secured the services of young gun Tyrone Ranuku-Phillips who starred in South Sydney’s Harold Matthews side this season.

Geddes, 29, will extend his tenure at the Rabbitohs to 11 seasons after signing on for 2011 and 2012. Geddes is one of two players to have stayed with the Rabbitohs since re-instatement in 2002, the other being fellow forward Luke Stuart. Geddes has played 108 first grade games to date, all in the cardinal and myrtle of South Sydney.

McPherson, 24, has also extended his contract at his junior club for seasons 2011 and 2012. McPherson has continued to develop into a consistent first-grader for the Rabbitohs over the past six seasons after making his debut in 2005 as a 19-year-old. McPherson has played 61 first grade games to date, all with South Sydney.

Corrigan, 22, made his debut in round one of the 2009 season after impressing everyone with his pre-season form. Shaune played four first grade games before suffering a season-ending knee injury. Corrigan is ready to play again after having an operation for compartment syndrome after this year’s pre-season matches, and will be fighting to regain the first grade jersey he earned last year.

McQueen, 22, also debuted last season, scoring a try in his first NRL match. A knee-injury sustained last season, and re-injured this year, will see him miss the entire 2010 season, making him even hungrier to regain a first grade position in 2011.

Ranuku-Phillips, 16, represented the NSW Indigenous under 16’s side earlier this year and has been selected in the NSW under 16’s possibles vs probables match. He scored 13 tries in this year’s Harold Matthews competition across ten matches played.

I'll be more than happy if Manly has no new signings for next season, just a bunch of re-signings and hopefully not a whole lot of losses (unless you're talking an average reserve grade type player)

Smellegraph reports 350k for Mateo...but who really knows!  :p

They definitely threw that sort of money at him Eggson, were desperate to get him

Signing of Inu suggests that Ropati and/or Tate will be leaving along with possibly McKinnon

Mateo could be anything if someone could get his head right, he's a super talent.

I bet parra were thrilled to let them go with certain storm players soon to be up for grabs.

your right Rusty, there will be a few clubs clearing the decks in anticipation.

Watch the cowboys go nuts with the chequebook if Thurston goes elsewhere.

I heard that NZ had enough under there cap to buy Cam Smith this year... so picking up mateo and inu seems that they could do it easily. Plus the currency conversion would be alright for them.

That is an interesting point re exchange rates

Does the salary cap take into account the different cost of living expenses across Aus / NZ?

I know at one stage there was a concession in the cap to get players down to Melbourne but what about a player living on the Northern Beaches opposed to Brisbane (more expensive housing etc)

Chip & Chase link said:
Mateo could be anything if someone could get his head right, he's a super talent.

Yes, Mateo could be a superstar in the game if only he had the right coaching.  He's got so much talent but lacks consistency.  Maybe this has to do with how things are done at the eels.  T-Rex required a lot of hard work with quality coaching and is now starting to show what he can do.

lsz link said:
That is an interesting point re exchange rates

Does the salary cap take into account the different cost of living expenses across Aus / NZ?

I know at one stage there was a concession in the cap to get players down to Melbourne but what about a player living on the Northern Beaches opposed to Brisbane (more expensive housing etc)

Not 100% sure, but I think that they work on Australian money for the cap

Hey Kiwi am i right in assuming the cost of living is less in NZ than aus? (it has been a while since i was there!)

tbh I would have no idea mate. The wages in Australia are higher but it also costs more to live there as well I guess

Gee the Warriors a gonna have heaps of attack but no defence - just 2002. Will win games the cricket scores of 42 - 38 or something.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4