Origin teams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
Who do you think will make State of Origin this year, and will any Sea Eagles feature in either team?

Brett Stewart is an outside chance with Morris injured, but on current form, no one else will be shortlisted, surely? :confused:

Dce will play.
No one else will even make the extended squads.

depending on injuries.....the media may ask jamie lyon to play yet again!

Dugan will be FB.
I think Dugan will be placed in the centres or potentially on the wing, and Matt Moylan will be fullback. I definitely think Moylan will provide more ball for the outside men than Dugan can and that will be the reason why Daley chooses him.

Moylan
Dugan
Jennings
Morris
Mansour

J Reynolds
Pearce

Gallen
Farah
Woods
Scott
Hoffman
Bird

Klemmer
Merrin
Cordner
Fafita

As always, injuries will more than likely play a significant role and the side will probably look nothing like this, but with everyone fit (bar Dylan Walker), I think this is the side Daley would go with.

I think Dugan will be placed in the centres or potentially on the wing, and Matt Moylan will be fullback. I definitely think Moylan will provide more ball for the outside men than Dugan can and that will be the reason why Daley chooses him.

Moylan
Dugan
Jennings
Morris
Mansour

J Reynolds
Pearce

Gallen
Farah
Woods
Scott
Hoffman
Bird

Klemmer
Merrin
Cordner
Fafita

As always, injuries will more than likely play a significant role and the side will probably look nothing like this, but with everyone fit (bar Dylan Walker), I think this is the side Daley would go with.
Forgot about Moylan. The only guys on your list I would change are Cordner and Josh Reynolds. Id rather Josh Jackson for Corner I think he ****s all over him as a player and anyone but Reynolds lol. He plays to side to side for me.
Aiden Tolman has to be close as well. IMO he is the most underrated prop going around.

Unfortunately Foran can't play but ATM I wish he could

Forgot about Moylan. The only guys on your list I would change are Cordner and Josh Reynolds. Id rather Josh Jackson for Corner I think he ****s all over him as a player and anyone but Reynolds lol. He plays to side to side for me.
Aiden Tolman has to be close as well. IMO he is the most underrated prop going around.
I don't like Josh Reynolds (nor do I rate him as a footballer), but I don't think they'll pick Maloney based on his current form, so he is really the only other option. 5/8 is a real weakness for NSW.

I think you'll find if Pearce is the 7, Cordner will definitely get a run based on their combination down the edge. I agree that Josh Jackson is a very fine player and a damn hard worker and should be the first drafted in if/when injury strikes.

Snake is the only Manly player who will probably come under consideration for NSW. But I think that the FB will be either Moylan or Dugan. And anyone who thinks that Brett Morris would have been the FB is kidding themselves. He'll be on the wing provided he's fit.

Conversely, DCE is the only Manly player who'll be in line for Qld selection right now as a back up half and (to the Maroons at least) a utility player. But he is badly out of form and right now the only thing that might get him the nod over Ben Hunt is that Qld selectors have a history of being loyal to incumbents regardless of their club form.

Before he got injured against the Scumdogs on Friday, I would have said Adam Reynolds should be the Blues half. If he's injured (and with Hodkinson not really in great form), that probably leaves Schitzell as the leading candidate. God help NSW.

Queenslands biggest problem this year (and in the next 2 or 3 years) is that a lot of their stars of the past decade are going to start retiring from the game. Who have they got coming through?

Last edited:
Snake is the only Manly player who will probably come under consideration for NSW. But I think that the FB will be either Moylan or Dugan. And anyone who thinks that Brett Morris would have been the FB is kidding themselves. He'll be on the wing provided he's fit.

Conversely, DCE is the only Manly player who'll be in line for Qld selection right now as a back up half and (to the Maroons at least) a utility player. But he is badly out of form and right now the only thing that might get him the nod over Ben Hunt is that Qld selectors have a history of being loyal to incumbents regardless of their club form.
I think Snake is a better club player than Moylan and definitely a much better footballer than Dugan, but at Origin level you need to be really physical and Snake just doesn't have the penetration from the back returning the kicks. If it came down to who provides the best last line of defence, positional play, and ball playing, he gets the nod hands down...but the first thing they look for in Origin players is robustness.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4