Origin Side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fonz said:
This is half the problem with NSWRL. As soon as we get down the media and our fans lay the boot in. You don't see Queensland doing that. If NSW lose the first game they're f***ed cause everyone will write them off. To win they need to win the first 2 games. If they lose either of those they're gone. They need to hit the ground running and have everyone behind them to have a chance. But it won't happen. The team will be picked, the media and fans will bag the players picked and they'll be doomed before a ball is even kicked.

150% spot on and exactly as it will happen...the side will be picked, they'll turn up at Suncorp on the 25th. probably not get their arses smacked BUT Queensland will win and then the "hatchet men" will come out again.

I am a bit like Jethro, it's fast losing it's appeal and really we are just going to have to wait until Queensland lose the dominance they currently have before we can win a series...that won't happen in 2011 as they are riding on the back of Lockyers last year.

Maybe 2012, seventy cents will be gone, as will be Lockyer and our young guns (as long as we stick with them) will be another year hungrier.

Gee I hope I am wrong, but I wont be at all surprised if I am not.

How can you back a team coached by a slimy little rex-hunt like Stuart? If Des was coaching them then perhaps. Stuart is just plain awful.

I am still a fan of origin football. Love the interstate rivalry. I just wish NSW would stick with a plan and core group of players. Seemed to have worked for QLD

dowdz said:
I am still a fan of origin football. Love the interstate rivalry. I just wish NSW would stick with a plan and core group of players. Seemed to have worked for QLD

Yeah it's just a shame that it's with QLD, just seems beneath us. The Sydney/NSW-Melbourne/VIC rivalry is just so much better.

bob dylan said:
Gallen is the No 1 forward in the game without a doubt.

Douglas and Snowden are OK but lack the impact of Scott, Shillington, Hannant, Weyman and Bailey type players.

I just dont get why people say how good they are when they get run over every time the going gets tough, Gallen stands taller the tougher it gets but has to do it alone.

Honestly I wouldnt swap Kite and King for Snowden and Douglas. Would you??

Haha yes, anyday.

1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Gasnier
4. Gordon
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce (My major reason for Pearce over Mullen is he's a right footer, unlike Soward and Farah)
8. Snowden
9. Farah
10. Weyman
11. Bird
12. Gallen
13. Lewis (should be fit?)

14. Young
15. Tolman
16. Mannah
17. Watmough

DSM5 said:
How can you back a team coached by a slimy little rex-hunt like Stuart? If Des was coaching them then perhaps. Stuart is just plain awful.

Lived inNSW for over 40 years but I cant cheer for any success that might go Stuarts way, i hope we get beat 3 nil if it will mean the end of him.

Foxpsorts fantasy league NSW origin squad.

1. Michael Gordon (354 Fantasy points)
2. Will Hopoate (332 Fantasy points)
3. Mark Gasnier (317 Fantasy points)
4. Jamal Idris (253 Fantasy points)
5. Akuila Uate (262 Fantasy points)
6. Jamie Soward (293 Fantasy points)
7. Mitchell Pearce (244 Fantasy points)
8. Kade Snowden (224 Fantasy points)
9. Robbie Farah (312 Fantasy points)
10. Aiden Tolman (311 Fantasy points)
11. Ben Creagh (289 Fantasy points)
12. Chris Heighington (314 Fantasy points)
13. Paul Gallen (382 Fantasy points)

14. Andrew Ryan (272 Fantasy points)
15. Luke Douglas (244 Fantasy points)
16. Anthony Watmough (260 Fantasy points)
17. Liam Fulton (96 Fantasy points)

Havent heard but Has Jamie Lyon made himself available for Origin ?
not that his form warrants it anyway

dowdz said:
Foxpsorts fantasy league NSW origin squad.

1. Michael Gordon (354 Fantasy points)
2. Will Hopoate (332 Fantasy points)
3. Mark Gasnier (317 Fantasy points)
4. Jamal Idris (253 Fantasy points)
5. Akuila Uate (262 Fantasy points)
6. Jamie Soward (293 Fantasy points)
7. Mitchell Pearce (244 Fantasy points)
8. Kade Snowden (224 Fantasy points)
9. Robbie Farah (312 Fantasy points)
10. Aiden Tolman (311 Fantasy points)
11. Ben Creagh (289 Fantasy points)
12. Chris Heighington (314 Fantasy points)
13. Paul Gallen (382 Fantasy points)

14. Andrew Ryan (272 Fantasy points)
15. Luke Douglas (244 Fantasy points)
16. Anthony Watmough (260 Fantasy points)
17. Liam Fulton (96 Fantasy points)

I like that team. Would make sense to pick all the players in form wouldn't it. Pity NSW selectors would never do that we might actually have a shot if they did. Great post Dowdz.

1. Jared Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Jamal Idris
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Kade Snowden
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Ben Creagh
12. Beau Scott
13. Paul Gallen

14. Greg Bird
15. Tom Leroyd Lars
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Keith Galloway

18 Hoppa Jnr

1. Jared Hayne - Parra
2. Brett Morris - STI
3. Mark Gasnier - STI
4. Jamal Idris - Dishlickers
5. Akuila Uate - Druggos
6. Jamie Soward - STI
7. Ben Hornby - STI
8. Dan Hunt - STI
9. Dean Young - STI
10. Michael Weyman - STI
11. Ben Creagh - STI
12. Beau Scott - STI
13. Paul Gallen - Lovable Losers
14. Keith Galloway - Pusy Cats
15. Kade Snowden - Lovable Losers
16. Aiden Tolman - Dishlickers
17. Luke Lewis - Pen

Lewis wont play mate, he's been injured.

I get the feeling that Gifty will be there as well (probably off the bench) as the country staff seemed pretty impressed with him after friday night. Would be a well deserved & overdue return to the representative arena IMO.

You can't be serious with Hornby either? Aside from the fact that he is no where good enough I think he retired from rep footy a couple of seasons a go. Pearce or Mullen have to be there.

My Concern with G Stewart if picked in game one is I could bet with a loss and possibly a close win, they will still make him a scapegoat when someone returns from injury. But I hope Im paranoid and completely wrong!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6