Origin Side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
By the way I will be at the game, in my Blues jumper, copping crap from all the Queenslanders so whomever you pick in the side make them good as I am sick of losing.

Whats with the fixation with Idris on the bench, its laughable, and yes i know he is there on Firday in the test.

DSM5 said:
Why do people have the hots for Dugan. Looking at the game on the weekend he was not good.

probably a year too early for him. he will be a beast though and will be a nsw regular.

My Crack today is:

1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Idris
5. Uate.
6. Soward.
7. Mullen.
8. Snowden
9. Farah
10. Leorard-Lars
11. Gallen
12. Bird
13. Watmough

14. Anyone but Gidley. (hoppa jr) or hayne :)
15. Mannah.
16. Grant.
17. Lewis (if fit)

I'd love to see a team like this anyway.. I openly admit Iv'e left out some players i love/hate and cant stand due to surnames or media hype.

1. Gordon
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Thompson
5. Ferguson
6. Soward
7. Mullen
8. Snowden
9. Ennis
10. Tolman
11. Gallen(C)
12. Watmough
13. Bird

14. Douglas
15. Mannah
16. Merrin
17. Buhrer

Players that will train with the squad(as I believe they are future Origin players):

Ryan James
Will Hopoate

I pick Ennis, Choc, Gal and Bird to bash the living crap out of the Qlders and niggle them to a inch within there life. I also believe we've taken the wrong attitude into Origin instead of trying to beat them at there game and being flashy (which seems a bit odd considering I picked Soward) play them how the Kiwis play us physical.

1. Hoppa
2. Gordon
3. Gasnier
4. Idris
5. Morris
6. Soward
7. Wallace
8. King
9. Ennis
10. Galloway
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Gallen (c)

14. Snowden
15. Douglas
16. Bird
17. Waterhouse

Heighington ? I also don't mind that Simon Dwyer from the Tigers as a bolter. Be interested to see how they go in City Country

1 Dugan
2 Hayne
3 Hopoate
4 Idris
5 Morris
6 Soward
7 Mullen
8 Snowden
9 Ennis
10 King
11 Watmough
12 Bird
13 Gallen

14 Mannah
15 G Stewart
16 Leyroyd Larrs
17 T Williams

Theyll probably go Gids on the bench,i dont know why he is the most useless SoO player i have ever seen,stripped twice by Thurston last year....

whats with all the love for le gaz? the guy is a ****in lemon.....
he's not even the best centre at his club this year (even tho coops has retired from rep)

glad i'm a Qlder, i hope they pick the le fag

Wolfpack said:
Jonesyv2 said:
Agree 100% Gordon should be first picked either at fullback or wing, he has been outstanding the past 2 seasons and is severly underrated.

I agree that Gordon has been great for Penrith but where do you fit him into the NSW side? On the wings we are set on the left with Brett Morris & it would be unfair to pick Gordon over Uate as Uate' form has been superior. Hayne also has experience & freakish ability on his side.

His best chance is at fullback but even there I think the selectors would be reluctant to pick him over Dugan or Hayne, both players being much more likely to feature in future rep teams than Gordon.

I like Gordon but to me he is just one of those players who are good enough but never have circumstances fall their way. Much in the mould of Robbo & Merritt.

Gordon has to be there, you just fit him in. He played well on the wing last year and is fantastic for the Panthers at fullback this year, averaging big metres every week in a beaten side. Oh yeah almost forgot, just about the best goalkicker going around which has gotta put him above any of the other wingers talked about.

Firstly I think Mitchell Pearce it the most over-rated player.
I have never understood the hype around the kid. I reckon he would make a better hooker than half. If Pearce was suspended and Carney was playing for the Roosters they would still be winning. I think that puts Pearce's ability into perspective.

I will probably get flamed for this, but I would pick basically a Dragons team. They play boring no-nonsense footy that builds pressure for an entire game. It's perfect for Origin football. The combinations are already there. They know each others games.

The team I have named takes into consideration currently injured players like Gidley, Watmough, King, Farrah (groin issues)

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Gasnier
4. Morris
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Hornby (vc)
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Snowden
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Gallen (c)

14. Young
15. Tolman
16. G Stewart
17. Mannah

Players considered to be unlucky would be Gordon, Ferguson, Jennings, Idris, Mullen, Wallace and the earlier mentioned injured players. I wouldn't have a problem swapping Dugan or Gordon in for Hayne at fullback. All three will do the job.

I am a little worried about the interchange props (Tolman & Mannah) lacking size. I couldn't pick Learoyd-Lahrs, his form has been terrible.
I would consider Brett White or Jason King if he wasn't injured to replace Tolman. The image of White with a mouthful of blood still sticks in my mind. The Queenslanders hate him. With Ben Creagh in the team we would need some more mongrel in the pack. White would add that from the bench.

I'm not a closet Dragons fan and I'm not the biggest fan of Ben Creagh either, however his form this year has been great and I reckon he is a must based on my Dragons origin team.

All of those sides look great BUT can we break the Queensland hoodoo...sadly I think not....I just hope (barring injury) they pick the side based on form and stick with that side forthe three games...hopefully NSW can win at least one game and that might set us up for a shot at beating these pricks in 2012.

I am SO SO over the Queensland reign....SOO has been great for 30 years in that it's been so close....we win a series, they win a series....you might get lucky and win two in a row BUT never 5 (and probably 6).

Time to crunch some Canetoads!!

I agree Mark. I know that my interest in SoO has waned a lot over the last few years with the QLD dominance. The competition has been so lopsided due to poor NSW team selections that the only way for me to get really interested again is for NSW to start winning a series again.

This is half the problem with NSWRL. As soon as we get down the media and our fans lay the boot in. You don't see Queensland doing that. If NSW lose the first game they're ****ed cause everyone will write them off. To win they need to win the first 2 games. If they lose either of those they're gone. They need to hit the ground running and have everyone behind them to have a chance. But it won't happen. The team will be picked, the media and fans will bag the players picked and they'll be doomed before a ball is even kicked.

This is my side:

1. B.Stewart
2. Morris
3. Gasnier
4. Morris
5. Hayne
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Snowden
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Gallen ©

14. King
15. Bird
16. G Stewart
17. Mannah

DSM5 said:
Why do people have the hots for Dugan. Looking at the game on the weekend he was not good.

Got me beat too.

Then again I cant understand the whole Snowden/Douglas thing. Look at the achievements of Cronulla over the past couple of years with what everyone says are the best two props in NSW.

They are two toilers at best, and I cant see either having any more ability than a Jason King, Keith Galloway or the like.

bob dylan said:
DSM5 said:

Got me beat too.

Then again I cant understand the whole Snowden/Douglas thing. Look at the achievements of Cronulla over the past couple of years with what everyone says are the best two props in NSW.

They are two toilers at best, and I cant see either having any more ability than a Jason King, Keith Galloway or the like.

Would you deny that Gallen is one of the better players going around? His stats are exceptional and he is a standout every week in a poor side, I would also say the same of Snowden, he runs such good lines and has great timing.

Their halves are just horrible though.

That's like saying Menzies was bad because we were in a poorly performing team

Gallen is the No 1 forward in the game without a doubt.

Douglas and Snowden are OK but lack the impact of Scott, Shillington, Hannant, Weyman and Bailey type players.

I just dont get why people say how good they are when they get run over every time the going gets tough, Gallen stands taller the tougher it gets but has to do it alone.

Honestly I wouldnt swap Kite and King for Snowden and Douglas. Would you??

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2