Origin Props

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Metres gained

King 25
Snowden 56

vs

M Scott 155
Petero 146

Enough said.

We just dont have anyone who is dominant in that position and who has a bit of mongrel in them. Is it worh trying some of the younger guys like Fifita, Grant or Kennedy???

How many minutes did Kingy actually get? I can't really say that I saw him much out there tonight but did see him sitting on the sidelines

Yet the blues where in it right up to the hog dropping it.
Imagine if we had decent go forward?

The Kingdog was suprisingly bad, he looked like a deer in headlights out there which is rare for the new bad ass Kingy that has emerged in the past couple of seasons. I can see him getting dropped for Tolman (as most expected before the announcement of the team) & never seeing an origin jumper again.

Mannah looked like our best prop out there, at least he just put his head down & got to work. Snowden will get better with experience & is worth perservering with. Merrin suprised me & I think he has potential, the best of the Dragon's group on the field.

wombatgc said:
Yet the blues where in it right up to the hog dropping it.
Imagine if we had decent go forward?

True but i get this feeling QLD will come out next game and they will score alot more points. Its hard because we should try to stick with the same team but its obvious that a few small tweaks would give NSW a good platform to work on. I don't think there will be any changes anyway.

north coast eagle said:
We just dont have anyone who is dominant in that position and who has a bit of mongrel in them. Is it worh trying some of the younger guys like Fifita, Grant or Kennedy???

Fifita played for Tonga last year so he's inegilible

Tim Grant might be a goer

and Martin Kennedy is a Qlder

eagles2win said:
north coast eagle said:

Fifita played for Tonga last year so he's inegilible

Tim Grant might be a goer

and Martin Kennedy is a Qlder

ouch

Wolfpack said:
The Kingdog was suprisingly bad, he looked like a deer in headlights out there which is rare for the new bad ass Kingy that has emerged in the past couple of seasons. I can see him getting dropped for Tolman (as most expected before the announcement of the team) & never seeing an origin jumper again.

Tolman is out for 4-6 weeks.

All props that played tonight are simliar in skill, size, weight and height. Just the ones in Maroon Jerseys have larger hearts!

Matabele said:
Wolfpack said:

Tolman is out for 4-6 weeks.

Ah, that's a shame.

I guess Luke Douglas & Tim Grant will be the next in line. It'd be pretty tough to pick King again after that rubbish.

King did make a heap of tackles, but he didn't hit like he does in a club game. Had some really good chances and he tried to level his opponents but they just bounced off.

Is pretty hard to make metres when your 2 stints on the field your side has very little ball.

His tackling was outstanding, was the only nsw player putting the shoulder into it at the start. In his 1st stint on the park qld attacked the majority of that period and the 2nd stint was when Qld had at least 5 sets in a row, pretty hard to make big metres when you don't have the pill to run with

They should bite the bullet and put the number 8 or 10 on gallens back he plays like a prop not a lock and bring choc in **** the off field stuff. Look at qld the still pick Nate myles after everything he did. It's about winning and choc will help us.

Exactly kiwi, kings 35 mins of play coincided with a mountain of possession for qld. He made 28 tackles in 35 mins including 3 occasions of making 3 tackles in a row. He must have been totally buggered. The comment by one poster that our props had no heart is an insult. Qld should have put 30 on us for all the possession they had.

i dont think King is getting bagged to badly.i think the genera consensus is he tries hard but is simply out of his depth when he takes the large step up to origin.he will get another chance when Stuart falls into his self laid trap of sticking with the 17 and I hope he does well - but with hodges and inglis back it will be in a losing side.

I won't defend 25m in attack because even though his stints did coincide with long NSW defensive periods he still had a few more opportunities to run the ball and didn't take them. Defensive tiredness is not an excuse at Origin level. You need to be able to push through it. Even if he took those few other chances to run the ball he still would have only had 50m. People would still be focusing on that number even though he couldn't have done much more.

I will strongly agree with Kiwi and Shoe1 regarding his defence. He may not have been smashing people but he was locking up the middle of the ruck as he generally does well. That is why Stuart picked him from a pool of NSW props that does not have many stars. 28 tackles in 35 mins at Origin level takes effort and heart. It is no coincendence that King left the field just before Qld had the rolling set of six that led to the winning try. They rolled through the middle of the ruck with ease and got in position to score. That wasn't happening when King was there.

I think King is barely at Origin class but neither are many of NSWS props. I know he's going to get hammered in general today but I'm surprised at some of the comments from Manly supporters.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4