Origin players should be fine for Manly Saturday night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
That is bloody obvious. We had 3 players in and in the total scheme of the game they all did sfa. Makes you wonder when our best can't shine what will happen when we get down to the business end of the season.

Kite only played 30 minutes. Bell was worst Queensland player on the park. Lyon was solid but not spectacular - he was only marking Bell after all!

Lyon had his opposite marked fine, and stupid King would rush in and leave Inglis outside him. He can't play a defensive wing game.

That is bloody obvious. We had 3 players in and in the total scheme of the game they all did sfa. Makes you wonder when our best can't shine what will happen when we get down to the business end of the season.

My thoguhts exactly, oh well at least lyon did a job on kafusi

Thought Lyons defence was pretty impressive. Have yet to see him in the clear all season. Not neccesarily his fault. You can see when you watch him closely even when doing the basics he does it with a stamp of Class.

Belly should never been selected in the first place, i still cant fathom that Slater was sitting at home watching on TV.

Thought Lyons defence was pretty impressive. Have yet to see him in the clear all season. Not neccesarily his fault. You can see when you watch him closely even when doing the basics he does it with a stamp of Class.

Belly should never been selected in the first place, i still cant fathom that Slater was sitting at home watching on TV.

neither- I realise you need to pick people in position but I would've thought they might've found a spot for him...it's not as though the poor bastard hasn't already proved himself in origin -he scored one of the best individual tries ever scored in one.

cant fault his game, just didnt spend all that much time on the field, which is a good thing, more likely to back up and back up well

I don't think Kite has much impact and was generally forced backwards - that is probably reflected in his game time given by the coach. Don't get me wrong - he is one of my favorite Eagle players, but he just didn't cut a swathe through the Maroons.

No doubt that Killer's defense was terrific. He is class. But what happened to the free running centre we bought? Anyway, he just didn't make a huge impact for mine. As for Bell, he probably should never have been picked on form and I don't know whether he will make game 2.

I hope they all come out injury free. From the Premiership standpoint they are who we have, but as the top players hit top form at season end will ours be there? That is the question.

The style of game didn't suit either Manly centre. Lyon's defence was superb and I agree that King was poor in his defensive reads. Why they persist in picking centres on the wing I don't know. Bell did some good things but will be remembered for spilling the money ball.

Kite was solid but got smashed by a pack that stood up to be counted. Bailey looked good when he came on after 25 minutes when the speed of the game picked up.

Kite should have been on in the first 20 of the second half, with some more experienced players as that is when NSW needed to consolidate. The experienced players only came on when it was catch up time - too late.

Bell was the decoy for both Inglis trys, so played his part.The ball he dropped to miss the try was knocked out so not really his fault.

The QLD'ers will stay loyal so would be surprised to see any changes other than those due to injury or suspension.

[quote author=Jungle King]

neither- I realise you need to pick people in position but I would've thought they might've found a spot for him...it's not as though the poor bastard hasn't already proved himself in origin -he scored one of the best individual tries ever scored in one.
[/quote]

QLD might have instituted a "no dickheads" policy.... oh wait they picked Carroll, Costigan, Thurston & Hodges so that can't be it.

I dont agree that is was all Kings fault in defense. Qld were working it beautifully and when he came in it was quite often a 2 on 1 situation with Lyon having to take an inside runner. Was stuff all King could do most of the time

Wasn't much of a game to speak about. Qld won in spite of three appaling forward pass decisions. I'm glad our boys came through with no worries and the game wouldn't have beaten them around too much given the didn't do much of anything. Bell should be replaced next time, he played poorly. I too am waiting for Lyon to 'cut loose'. will he ever?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4