Origin on Monday night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Cam Smith on Fox espousing the virtues of playing Origin on a Monday night, because it would be better for the players.

The day they do that is the day I'll stop watching. What a joke.

Who gives a rats arse when the players want to play Origin?

Saturday night would be good if they want to change it.

Why don't they can the Friday night games and put them on a sunday arvo. Then Origin stays how it is

Fro said:
It used to be on Mondays.

was s**t, but it isnt unheard of

yeah i remember when it was on a monday nights , the very 1st one ever in 1980 was on a tuesday night back then they were only 1 off games..

I don't like the idea of having a standalone origin weekend, there will be alot of bored non-rep players that will get easily distracted and making headlines due to their misdemeanors.

• 👍
Reactions: Fro
Brookvale said:
I don't like the idea of having a standalone origin weekend, there will be alot of bored non-rep players that will get easily distracted and making headlines due to their misdemeanors.

Organize other games i.e Fiji vs PNG, Samoa vs Tonga, Auckland vs The Rest (for NZ), NSW City vs Country and Nth Qld vs Sth Qld.

Bar the English guys that pretty much cover's everyone doesn't it?

Monday night footy rates well on Fox so why not, could schedule games so that teams with a few Origin players don't get the Friday night game afterwards.

It's ok to bag the players for suggesting it now but if Manly had a few more players in Origin I bet a few more here would be in favour of it.

Brookvale said:

Maybe they could go out to the country (particularly areas where AFL is a threat),or interstate,and help junior league a bit.Do a few clinics,a bit of charity work,and sign some autographs for the locals.What a great amount of goodwill that would create!

I like the idea of Monday nights SOO.

Can the MNF for the week before so players go into camp on the Sunday night. They get a full week to prepare and then a minimum 5 day turnaround before they play after it, same as a normal week.

Either that or piss it off altogther

Mybludog said:
I like the idea of Monday nights SOO.

Can the MNF for the week before so players go into camp on the Sunday night. They get a full week to prepare and then a minimum 5 day turnaround before they play after it, same as a normal week.

Either that or piss it off altogther

I'll go with ur "piss it off altogether",bluedog.It's a nuff nuff series now.It's there to make QLDers feel good about themselves.It's not a trial for test selection,and is another chance for injuries.It has gone the way of city-country.Hell,it's not even SoO anymore.QLDers even seem to be able to flex the state boundaries so much that most of NSW is included in QLD for league purposes.

Don't forget overseas countries too ayjay i.e. PNG, NZ, Fiji etc.

Qld isnt overseas Gronk. and they are from a different world, the land that time forgot, Fashions final frontier, dentists despair, 1985s best 20 years.

The Gronk said:
Jethro said:

As opposed to the other countries that aren't overseas.

Yeah like Australia which have the states of New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and Western Australia and the Australian Capital Territory and Northern Territory. That other mob to the north of New South Wales and to the East of the Northern Territory will tell you what they are. They're them proud Queenslanders (and don't they love to ram that down your throat).

Utility Player said:
Monday night footy rates well on Fox
and right there is the reason they want to change. They call the shots. MNF must rate well, because there's no ****er at the ground!

Jethro said:
The Gronk said:
Jethro said:

As opposed to the other countries that aren't overseas.

Yeah like Australia which have the states of New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and Western Australia and the Australian Capital Territory and Northern Territory. That other mob to the north of New South Wales and to the East of the Northern Territory will tell you what they are. They're them proud Queenslanders (and don't they love to ram that down your throat).

so states are countries?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4