Origin is dead

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What is it with the self-proclaimed pinnacle of the game that NSW insist on picking players out of position.  If they're not good enough there for their clubs, how does it translate to the big time?

Dan link said:
I can't think of a worse nsw origin player ever, maybe mario fennech but gidley is the worst I have seen for sure, who named him captain and what does he have photos of who doing what?

Steve Turner
David Williams

I have been a RL supporter for almost 50 years now, and would like to put my hand up for the job as one of the selectors, because let me tell you I could do no worse.

Origin isn't dead but it's certainly got a few drama's at present.

And we'll find out how much of a drama that is when we play the Titans on the 11th of June with maybe 5 players missing and them 1.

The whole CITY-COUNTRY.....SOO needs a major revamp....I think they need to be played on a Friday night, with the rest of the weekend(s) a bye for all teams.

It's been unfair for the Bronco's and everyone else for years, and a drain on the players as well who sometimes have to play Friday night after the Wednesday.

Many will disagree with me but we are all entitled to an opinion!!

Origin isn't dead................... yet

It needs to readdress some issues though
As a League supporter(code in general) the thing that has to be changed is the eligibility rule -where a player has to declare his intent to play for Australia. This does more harm then good to the code. I'll give you a few example's from the other night -
Neville Costigan (PNG) plays for the Kumul's in world cup and other games
and the maroon 18th man
Ben Te'o (Samoa) - basically played all his footy in New Zealander and now is a Qlder

To me the answer is simple -
Players that are eligible to play Origin can play it, but also don't have to declare there allegiance to Australia.

Ant80 link said:

As a League supporter(code in general) the thing that has to be changed is the eligibility rule -where a player has to declare his intent to play for Australia. This does more harm then good to the code. I'll give you a few example's from the other night -
and the maroon 18th man
Ben Te'o (Samoa) - basically played all his footy in New Zealander and now is a Qlder

Players that are eligible to play Origin can play it, but also don't have to declare there allegiance to Australia.
  Scrub Jarrod Hayne on this logic too then.  And Brent Kite.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=183400.msg263884#msg263884 date=1275016370]

and the maroon 18th man

Scrub Jarrod Hayne on this logic too then.  And Brent Kite.
[/quote]
Look I'm not saying that they can't play Origin, I'm giving them an opportunity to play for the other countries as well thus improving international rugby league. Those guy's were just two examples.
Guy's that could of played origin but have chosen countries over it include -
Nathan and Jason Cayles, Jason Nightingale, Keiron Foran, David Mead

I bolded the part part that should cover Hayne and the rest

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7