Origin is dead

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
That game is not going to be in the top 10 best of the season.

Last years quality was down but that was worse again.

Big call fluff.

5 years without a series win is really starting to test the resolve.

Is not the reason for the post, last years series and game 1 this year just have not been the quality that you used to see.

At this rate in 3 or 4 year it will be what city/country was 10 years ago

Where's Duffman?  I always enjoy his virtual slashing of wrists when the normal order of things is enforced like tonight.

Ordinary game, but the conditions were terrible.

No way it's dead. 68k in that weather proves it.

Kurt Gidley's doing his best to kill Origin though, that's for sure.

I can't think of a worse nsw origin player ever, maybe mario fennech but gidley is the worst I have seen for sure, who named him captain and what does he have photos of who doing what?

Volley link said:
Ordinary game, but the conditions were terrible.

No way it's dead. 68k in that weather proves it.

Kurt Gidley's doing his best to kill Origin though, that's for sure.
  If NSW keep failing to fill their stadium despite handing out 20k free tickets they should just give them one game a year, Qld 3 every 2 years (as Suncorp sells out in hours) and take one game every year to Melboring. 

QLD are just too good

I dislike him (hate is too strong of a word) but JT is a special player

This all lays on the shoulders of 1 player - Gidley
and 3 selectors, who should have been out of the job long ago In my opinion

Isn't there 4 selectors Dan? Last year they were Bob Fulton, Laurie Daley, Bob McCarthy and Geoff Gerard when Phil Gould, Ben Elias and Brett Kenny all called for them to be dumped if Queensland won a record-breaking fourth successive State of Origin series.

(Sorry but I forgot to include my reference to the selectors names as I had to look it up yesterday as I had no idea who they were other than Daley and McCarthy)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25673254-5018993,00.html

must be 4 then.

I wouldn't mind seeing Phil Gould, ben Elias and Brett Kenny in the selectors position come to think of it

not sure any players could have beaten QLD (as much as it pains me to say it)

Sure players were out of position etc but i do not think it would make much of a difference

In the cold light of sobriety we did well to only lose by 4 and 1 of their tries was botd.

When you consider Qld had 6 and would have had 7 if Smith had played of the top 25 players ever to play Origin for Qld in their team. Whilst NSW had only Hayne who is rated as the 25th best player ever to play for NSW.

I still think there must have been a deal done with Inglis as he started playing for QLD after NSW had won 4 years in a row and looked like building a dynasty.

Utility Player link said:
I still think there must have been a deal done with Inglis as he started playing for QLD after NSW had won 4 years in a row and looked like building a dynasty.
3 years.

lsz link said:
not sure any players could have beaten QLD (as much as it pains me to say it)

Sure players were out of position etc but i do not think it would make much of a difference

I think it would have made a massive difference.

If we had a proper defensive winger playing on the right hand side, they wouldn't have scored at least 2 of their tries, if not 3.

There were two directly because Hayne didn't call his centre out and went in himself.

The Centre should have been released by his inside man and the winger should have been calling him out. Hayne had no trust for his inside man and likewise the centre.

If we have Lyon playing in the centres with Burt, Quinn or B.Morris on the right hand side, we would have slid properly and held to the man, not allowing anyone through the gaps.

It solely rests on naming Gidley and then players out of position. Had we named Gidley on the bench, Hayne in Fullback, Lyon in Centres and any of the 3 above mentioned wingers on the wing, we would have won that game without a doubt

eagles2win link said:
I gotta better position for Gidley - LRO (Left right Out)

I could live with him having that position and I'm sure many others could too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6