Origin Halfback?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
I don't know why Peter Wallace has, to this point, been overlooked as a contender for the SOO halfback. After watching the game between the donkeys and the scum this bloke should be right up there, his kicking and attacking skills were great and he's very good defensively. Add to that, he's already played SOO.

Has he done a Watmough and upset the selectors or coach?

I think Wallace had an average series in 09(so did most of the squad).
I would be happy with Pearce at 7 and Mullen at 6.

lloydy said:
I think Wallace had an average series in 09(so did most of the squad).
I would be happy with Pearce at 7 and Mullen at 6.

He was average behind a beaten pack of forwards, Wallace's all round game is very consistant unlike Pearce who can be hot or cold.

Wallace isn't the most overlooked guy. By a mile its James Maloney. He is a sensational little player if you ask me.

agreed eagle.he is a much maligned eagle who desrves a better end to his carreer.

hornby would be my man but he won'y play origin apparently.he is better than pearce and mullen.

I'm not sure on that one (that he has done a Watmough and upset the selectors or coach) but I know that when he has been named as the SoO half, he has not completed a series due to injury and has been replaced by other players such as Mitchell Pearce.

I could be completely wrong but I think that the problem has been with the NSW selectors going into panic mode because NSW keep losing games and series. They won't just stick with the one core group of players and chop and change team selections instead of sticking with the one combination to allow them to gel (although some times the selection changes are forced due to injuries).

I think that you are right that he should be right up there in contention again for this origin series as he must be doing something right for the Broncos to be up as high in the comp at the moment. It can't be all of Locky's doing.

I cant stand the bloke,he is a cat of the highest order (See Farah/Briggs)
Italian soccer hopefuls should not play origin

they should just fly mona`s in from UK.. what have the got to lose another series with the same sandow pearce mullen ****..

oops i put in prince

swoop said:
I don't know why Peter Wallace has, to this point, been overlooked as a contender for the SOO halfback. After watching the game between the donkeys and the scum this bloke should be right up there, his kicking and attacking skills were great and he's very good defensively. Add to that, he's already played SOO.

Has he done a Watmough and upset the selectors or coach?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing after watching him in the Broncos vs Tigers game the other week. He's playing well this year and is an integral part of their team. It looks like he's learnt a lot from Lockyer. He could be good for the NSW team cause he would know how most of the QLDers play.

Brookie said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Sandow/Pearce is what it should be

Queenslander...

Well if QLD can pick Kiwis and New South Welshmen etc in their team selections then I suppose that NSW should be able to at least pick a QLDer in return if they wanted to (not that I want Sandow though). :p

Foran would be NSW 5/8 if he were not kiwi !! Post match fox stated that we will be lucky with Origin selections, and get away with alot of players not playing ! Good !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4