Origin 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookvale2015

Reserve Grader
Well I haven't seen an origin thread for some time and I'm looking forward to reading some good football discussion.

In 2015 a couple of thing let NSW down
-Defence in origin 3 nsw were torn up by the bigger QLDers like GI, Scott, Papali ect. Dugan struggled at FB in game 3 and showed his defence isn't up to scratch
-Speed, a backline of

1.Dugan
2.Hopoate
3.Jennings
4.Morris
5.Morris
6.Pearce
7.Hodkinson

Doesn't scream speed really only 2 fast players in Morris and Jennings
-Lack of combinations, NSW didn't have combos like QLD u never saw the halves combine with the fullback or hooker with the spine

My plan to make nsw great again is to invest in combinations, youth and new blood stop trying Pearce, Reynolds, Hopoate ect.

My 2016 team
1.Moylan
2.Roberts
3.Walker
4.Jennings
5.Morris
6.Austin
7.Sezer
8.Woods(c)
9.Ennis
10.Tamou
11.Cartwright
12.Cordner
13.Jackson

14.Bird
15.Trbojevic
16.Klemmer
17.Frizell

I would have Tedesco over Moylan if his fit.
I can't see Daley picking anyone other then Morris/Dugan/Jennings for Centres

I'd have no Manly players selected at all so they can use that period to rest or win games.

All players should have to take the Killer Pledge. No rep footy!

What's the bet dumb ****ing Laurie Daley will play the " pick and stick" card again and minus dickhead Pearce it will be same old same old again.

We got lucky in 2014, Cronks injury screwed up Queensland.

In 2015 it was " back to normal transmission".

Sadly I think until the current QLD side is busted up with retirements nothing much will change in 2016.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
I like the idea of speed in the backs and youth and aggression in the forwards which is pretty much what you have @Brookvale2015

Players like Moylan, Austin, Tedesco etc seem fearless and to me that's what we need. Players like Pearce (and I'm not picking on him) are scarred by too many losses, that I believe has meant in clutch moments they appear to tighten up because they are too scared to make a mistake. Can't imagine players like Moylan being like that.

I think it's time for them to pick a bunch of young stars, not those scarred for life with almost 10 years of losses and last years game 3 in their memories.

The QLD side will begin to unravel within a year or two, and rather than wait to blood new players why not throw them in now.

But as I said above, it will be " pick and stick" for the Blues and the same results until this changes.

NSW got lucky in 2014 because of Cronk's injury and Hayne playing like it was 2009 (rumour has it that Schitzel's night at the Cross also screwed the banana benders).

I fear that you might be right Mark. Daley has a habit of basically having his side picked before Round 1 and only injury or suspension changes that (because form sure doesn't seem to be a criteria). There might be some new halves now that Schitzel is probably out of the running, but mostly it'll be the same faces that have lost about 5 of the last 6 series. Morris, Morris, Jennings, Gallen, Hoffman, Farah etc etc.

NSW got lucky in 2014 because of Cronk's injury and Hayne playing like it was 2009 (rumour has it that Schitzel's night at the Cross also screwed the banana benders).

I fear that you might be right Mark. Daley has a habit of basically having his side picked before Round 1 and only injury or suspension changes that (because form sure doesn't seem to be a criteria). There might be some new halves now that Schitzel is probably out of the running, but mostly it'll be the same faces that have lost about 5 of the last 6 series. Morris, Morris, Jennings, Gallen, Hoffman, Farah etc etc.

That would be a very safe bet on Sportstab

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4