1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Origin 2016

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brookvale2015, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    Well I haven't seen an origin thread for some time and I'm looking forward to reading some good football discussion.

In 2015 a couple of thing let NSW down
    -Defence in origin 3 nsw were torn up by the bigger QLDers like GI, Scott, Papali ect. Dugan struggled at FB in game 3 and showed his defence isn't up to scratch
    -Speed, a backline of

1.Dugan
    2.Hopoate
    3.Jennings
    4.Morris
    5.Morris
    6.Pearce
    7.Hodkinson

Doesn't scream speed really only 2 fast players in Morris and Jennings
    -Lack of combinations, NSW didn't have combos like QLD u never saw the halves combine with the fullback or hooker with the spine

My plan to make nsw great again is to invest in combinations, youth and new blood stop trying Pearce, Reynolds, Hopoate ect.

My 2016 team
    1.Moylan
    2.Roberts
    3.Walker
    4.Jennings
    5.Morris
    6.Austin
    7.Sezer
    8.Woods(c)
    9.Ennis
    10.Tamou
    11.Cartwright
    12.Cordner
    13.Jackson

14.Bird
    15.Trbojevic
    16.Klemmer
    17.Frizell

2. NickRobbo1998

NickRobbo1998 Generic_Tragic101

Ratings:
    +187 / 20
    I had fergo in mine, except if he is at fullback all of next season

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 40
    I would have Tedesco over Moylan if his fit.
    I can't see Daley picking anyone other then Morris/Dugan/Jennings for Centres

4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    True but he was pretty good on snapchat.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,414 / 257
    I'd have no Manly players selected at all so they can use that period to rest or win games.

All players should have to take the Killer Pledge. No rep footy!

6. midsteyne

midsteyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +574 / 12
    pearce wont be there,dumb farrrk,bet daddy is not happy.

7. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,776 / 258
    What's the bet dumb ****ing Laurie Daley will play the " pick and stick" card again and minus dickhead Pearce it will be same old same old again.

We got lucky in 2014, Cronks injury screwed up Queensland.

In 2015 it was " back to normal transmission".

Sadly I think until the current QLD side is busted up with retirements nothing much will change in 2016.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    At least no Pearce or Hodkinson this year. Worst halves pair ever.

9. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,701 / 27
    I like the idea of speed in the backs and youth and aggression in the forwards which is pretty much what you have @Brookvale2015

Players like Moylan, Austin, Tedesco etc seem fearless and to me that's what we need. Players like Pearce (and I'm not picking on him) are scarred by too many losses, that I believe has meant in clutch moments they appear to tighten up because they are too scared to make a mistake. Can't imagine players like Moylan being like that.

10. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,776 / 258
    I think it's time for them to pick a bunch of young stars, not those scarred for life with almost 10 years of losses and last years game 3 in their memories.

The QLD side will begin to unravel within a year or two, and rather than wait to blood new players why not throw them in now.

But as I said above, it will be " pick and stick" for the Blues and the same results until this changes.

11. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    NSW got lucky in 2014 because of Cronk's injury and Hayne playing like it was 2009 (rumour has it that Schitzel's night at the Cross also screwed the banana benders).

I fear that you might be right Mark. Daley has a habit of basically having his side picked before Round 1 and only injury or suspension changes that (because form sure doesn't seem to be a criteria). There might be some new halves now that Schitzel is probably out of the running, but mostly it'll be the same faces that have lost about 5 of the last 6 series. Morris, Morris, Jennings, Gallen, Hoffman, Farah etc etc.

12. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,361 / 111
    Can NSW Pick Shayne Hayne for the first two games? His teams seem to win a lot.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,776 / 258
    That would be a very safe bet on Sportstab