Orfords Goalkicking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But Burns is Consistent and if The Ox wasn't practicing then he shouldn't have been kicking anyhow.

Crickey, Ryan would have done a better job ;)

I have never seen Burns kick so he doesnt enter my kicking equation. If i had to choose between Orford and Hicks, Orford every time for me

Would you be sacking El Masri for kicking 43% over the past 2 weekends ;)

:blush: well he cant have been too memorable then :drunk:

Can't even remember him kicking at all, even trying my best to think back. From some reason i think i remember Williamson though ?

Cheers, Not bad hey and much better from Hicks, I can't remember him kicking any from the side line.

Ox's goal kicking was terrible as were his kicks in general play. Why kick high on our thirty and not long? Orford is just not on par with the rest of the team imo. He's hesitant, poor passes are happenning, kicks in general play are ****e, and he's getting caught with the ball wayy to often, and really fellas Monnas is looking the goods.

Yes, Orford's goalkicking sucked, but he's obviously still carrying or compensating for an injury. Watch the way he took his shots at goal last night. There was a little hesitation in his run up every time. He never used to do that . . .

Yeah, he's been hesitant since his return. Why then does he continue to hog the ball with the kicking duties. Last saturday his line kicks were equally terrible as were his penalty line kicks, they were marginally better on Monday nite. Is he just unwilling to give another guy a shot? Hubris or what?

Ox's goal kicking was terrible as were his kicks in general play. Why kick high on our thirty and not long? Orford is just not on par with the rest of the team imo. He's hesitant, poor passes are happenning, kicks in general play are ****e, and he's getting caught with the ball wayy to often, and really fellas Monnas is looking the goods.

while his goalkicking was average to say the least most reports in the media are saying he led manly to victory, he also set up 3 of the 4 tries from memory???

good to see the legacy of the "save the Monaghs" fund is still alive. Not sure why you guys cant just get over it and be happy that for the rest of this season we have two blokes in the team who can take us all the way.

Medial ligament strains can affect kicking power and that seems the case for Orford. His general kicking does not have the length and one of his kicks last night did not reach the posts.

Mind you Hazem missed two easier kicks on Sunday and I don't see anyone calling for his head.

Either bring back Ridge or put up with what we had last night whilst Killer is out. Orford has been a great kicker in the past so obviously he is on the way back or injured a bit.

[quote author=DSM5]

while his goalkicking was average to say the least most reports in the media are saying he led manly to victory, he also set up 3 of the 4 tries from memory???

good to see the legacy of the "save the Monaghs" fund is still alive. Not sure why you guys cant just get over it and be happy that for the rest of this season we have two blokes in the team who can take us all the way.
[/quote]

Looks like your the founder of the "Save The Ox fund".

no mate, just being even handed and trying to look at it from the clubs point of view, something your completely incapable of as the scars of monaghs leaving are running deep for you.

Im a fan of Ox and now a fan of Monaghs, so i can see both sides of that arguement,, admittedly it has taken Monaghs a year or two to win me over, not that he would care.

Byso, I know Monaghs leaving will takje the gloss off any achievement the club produces this year mate but im sure one day you will get over it. May not be for a few years yet but you will, heard rents cheap in Warrington mate.

lol ..... I'm really not that cut about him leaving, it is only footy.. I’m happy for the bloke.

I simply enjoy pointing out to yourself and others how wrong you where in your adnausium slaughter of the bloke and it's becoming more and more evident within the media and football experts how good a player Monas it is.

So yes I'm unashamedly making some mileage out of the situation.

Funny thing is you carry on like a little girl when The Ox's flaws are pointed out. The hypocrisy is laughable.

mate you only read what you want to read, as i have asked a hundred times, take those blinkers off, Ive bagged Monaghs till the cows have come home, basically for the last two seasons as he quite frankly has been dreadful.

He has improved out of site this year and i have given him wraps, not sure what more i can do.

Orford has been a quality player for longer than you have been stalking cheergirls, he is down on form but as they say, form is temporary and class is permanent, so im happy to give him the benefit of the doubt. Orford has the NRL runs on the board to be given some slack when he is down on form. There is a big difference in a flaw in someones game and having an off period on form.

in the last 5 years in the NRL ( inc his time at the raiders ) this is the first season Monaghs has proved himself as a CONSISTANT first grade player. Even he has admitted that.

There is no hypocrisy involved. he was **** so i said he was ****, hes improved so ive said hes improved. Not sure what you are expecting of me. Learn the meanings of big words Byso before you use them.

The same blokes who are giving Monaghs wraps in the media now and linking him with S.O.O selections etc have been doing the same for Orford since he has been with Melb.

Byso, Blinkers Off thats all i ask you.

JK there is plenty of hypocrisy some of the monas bashers were out saying great game from orford on Monday, stella and even someone implying on that form we are a very good chance.

Big joke there, outside his short kicking there wasnt all that much that was good and plenty that was ****

Ox is worth a roast, His kicking is just not up to scratch and he doesn't/won't share the ball around when the kicks are on. The line drop out last saturday said it all. At least Monnas kicks long. And while I'm at it, did any of the team know that Ox's infield kick was on? If not, then it was poor communication which led to their try, apart from Rose's inability to laterally move.

Pepsi or JoKe, I think you've spent too long in the high school playgrounds looking for your next chicky babe.

You spent many a time bagging the bloke even when he played well. You've only recently jumped on the Monas wagon as you have no choice.

My criticism of the Ox is warranted. He's getting paid big bucks and so far hasn't delivered.

thats just the thing Byso, I have also bagged his general play ( again you only read what your blinkers allow you to read ) as well and have said he has improved. ( a view shared by the same media who suggested your Monaghs should be in NSW team) My initial post was suggesting we should not get too worried about his goal kicking!( as it was a subject on your MSE site and i thought it would be a good topic to discuss here )

I agree with Fluffs summation completely about Ox general game, how many times should i say he is out of touch at the moment, BUT he has some runs on the board , he was strong last season in his first season with us ( you have a very short memory mate) and deserves a little leeway. His game against Broncos while still below par was at least an improvement on previous games, he did have a hand in 3out of 4 tries and his short kicking was excellent.

I have given Wraps on Monaghs since game one because i thought they are deserved, not because I had to Byso. You simply turn every post into a Monaghs v Orford, this was about goal kicking !

Im still looking for your post about Lyons poor goalkicking and the fact that he has only scored 2 tries for us.

I will say yet again which will hopefully get past your blinkered vision, I am the first to give Monaghs Credit for this season, I also genuinely hope that with him and Ox running the ship we will go a long way towards winning the comp.

Having said that Byso, Im sure if i said the Sky is Blue you would say it was green ,

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2