Orford to sign with? Manly Daily

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Manly Daily

MANLY are set to make an audacious strike for Melbourne half-back Matt Orford early this morning as rugby league's player market began in a frenzy overnight.

With the anti-tampering deadline expiring at midnight, the Sea Eagles wasted little time making Orford their number one target for next season.

South Sydney will officially table a massive offer to the Storm No 7 today.

But The Manly Daily understands Manly will counter with a strong bid aimed at snatching Orford away from the Rabbitohs.

Sea Eagles CEO Pat Wilson last night refused to speculate on Orford but did confirm: ``We will be very active from first light.

``We've discussed a few things and we've just been waiting for July 1.

``The next week will be very busy.''

If Orford was to move to Brookvale, Sea Eagles captain and half-back Michael Monaghan would be shifted to hooker to make way.

Manly coach Des Hasler said he will not talk about next year until after tonight's crucial round 17 clash with Wests Tigers at a wet Leichhardt Oval.

``All I'm worried about is our game against the Tigers,'' he said.

``Once that's out of the way we can have a look at other things.''

Meanwhile, five Manly players - Steve Matai, Chad Randall, Shayne Dunley, Luke Williamson and Paul Stephenson - are now officially on the open market.

The Sea Eagles are keen to retain Matai, Dunley and Williamson but may be prepared to allow Stephenson and Randall to leave the club.

Wilson will hold talks with all five in coming days.

Prop Jason King and centre Terry Hill face fitness tests today but remain in extreme doubt for tonight's meeting with the Tigers.

The Sea Eagles are already without State of Origin duo Ben Kennedy and Steve Menzies as well as injured back-rower Anthony Watmough.

``We will check both of them (King and Hill) in the morning and go from there,'' Hasler said.

``If they're out then I'm sure their replacement will get the job done.

``I've got the utmost confidence in our young blokes rising to the occasion and our senior players putting their hand up.

``It will be a tough, slogging affair but we'll be up for it.''

The Sea Eagles are hoping the going is heavy at Leichhardt to nullify the Tigers' quick-stepping halves combination Benji Marshall and Scott Prince.

Marshall and Prince have formed a deadly partnership in a short period of time together.

Byso are you ok with this ? or have you already been on the Phone to the club kicking and screaming!!!! :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

Byso are you ok with this ? or have you already been on the Phone to the club kicking and screaming!!!! :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

On fire.... GOLD

I think Braith Anasta has possibly done us a big favour. If the smoke signals are correct and Braith is signing with the Roosters, I think this will push Orford to the eagles, wishful thinking maybe, but if you where Orford and where in the position where you would have to try and lead Souths off the bottom of the table, you would want Anasta there beside you, i dont think he would want to be the Loan Ranger on this.

If Manly match or nearly match the cash, where would you rather play, considering Rosters, geography, facilties, closeness to CCoast etc. manly or souths ?

fine, we will offer him one house at Palm Beach which will be double the value of all that! ha!

Nothing is for cetain but you can bet that Souths will throw half of Redfern's real estate at Orford.

We can offer him a 5000 cardborad boxes too

you buried my gold post with that fluffy?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4